• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
I need evidence when its obviously an opinion?

Tower of God, Magician, Kubera and even Noblesse are far better than any manga that ive read recently. Well, Vinland Saga is excellent, but thats just so damn slow
opinions can be wrong and it sounds like you need to stop reading shitty manga

PK Gaming

DMWlb.jpg

this manga is fucking awesome i sweaaaaarrrrrrr

Piecake

opinions can be wrong and it sounds like you need to stop reading shitty manga

Saying someone's opinion can be wrong when its a matter of personal taste is just silly. And how do you know how much manga ive read? Ooo, though ive forgotten another one. Magi is quite good (though i dont like it as much as those 3 webtoons ive listed)

Dresden

think that's just molester being, well, a total nerd early on. you can tell that his empathy grows as the series progresses. at that point he was just going for the smex and this hot bitch with an attitude was getting in the way.

scy

Can you blame him? She seemed to hate him from the beginning and was basically in his way to get into Miss Undie's undies.

Oh no, I'm not saying anything about him really. Just remarking at the change.

think that's just molester being, well, a total nerd early on. you can tell that his empathy grows as the series progresses. at that point he was just going for the smex and this hot bitch with an attitude was getting in the way.

This, basically. He really is a different person now than he was in the first few chapters.

flawfuls

Saying someone's opinion can be wrong when its a matter of personal taste is just silly. And how do you know how much manga ive read? Ooo, though ive forgotten another one. Magi is quite good (though i dont like it as much as those 3 webtoons ive listed)

I think the sheer number of manga compared to the number of webtoons makes it a crazy thing to believe.

Code Breaker 145 - 203

Pretty phenomenal at times with the plot and action. Gets pretty intense especially when everyone is at their backs against the walls, and the writer does it a lot. Love Ogami's innate abilities with the flames of the dragons from Emperor dono (one of the best characters). The whole thing with Dec 32 is pretty compelling especially how it ties in the rare kins, hybris, and involves the code:names, re:code, and code:breaker. I like Re:code's the best (cause Yukihina), and the code:names had good ones especially Shigure (and with Yuuki). Rare kinds or specially Angel have the most interesting names, Fussy-Lunch dono is my favorite one and then the cat boy, and Reggae-four-eyes dono on name alone.

I hope many more epic joker/toki moments come up and the bond an rivalry he an Ogami has continues to be present. Also like the random Yuki/Yukihina thing, which I pray yukihina and co lived hasnt been revisited since this Angel's school fest arc has happened and I miss him. Anyway two dragons to go and the last of the founders, 2013 should be a good year, definite spot on my favorite manga list. Also want to see what more outfits the writer puts the characters in, seems the fest just seems to be excuses to get them in different costumes and etc (though could really do with way less big chested female characters in some of those outfits, specially sakurakouji and aoba...why...), new Toki outfit + eyepatch it awesome.

Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF pls Kaiji jump out of that car, KAIJI PLS

Holy shit.

Gambling addiction is the worst and it is so painful to watch.

How did I not know about 7 Seeds until now, though? The manga's more than a decade old and with the level of quality you'd expect people to be frothing over new releases. Especially if FMA and Molester Man get that kind of reaction, since 7 Seeds is several times the manga they are. Is it a josei thing?

So I've been synchronizing the favorite lists in my manga reader apps on my two iPads, since my new 4 uses a newer version of the same app, and I noticed that I stopped reading Hunter X Hunter in March. The last chapter I read was 331 and now I'm being told that the latest chapter is 340 + some specials and that the manga is still on-going.

That can't be right, right?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I've been synchronizing the favorite lists in my manga reader apps on my two iPads, since my new 4 uses a newer version of the same app, and I noticed that I stopped reading Hunter X Hunter in March. The last chapter I read was 331 and now I'm being told that the latest chapter is 340 + some specials and that the manga is still on-going.

That can't be right, right?

It is up to 340 and there is a special chapter or two. Surprise!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is Togashi about to die or something?

I thought he just had another kid or something. Dude's family could live off of either his YYH money or the Sailor Moon money forever, so I'm not really surprised he doesn't keep a good schedule. It's probably something to do when he gets bored or something.

Lain

Medaka Box vol 7
a49e2a4e7d102c25f4b92d5d8e7c568d03d50ad9.jpg

Oh man, Medaka whooping Odo's ass was glorious. The way she keeps egging him on at the end, until he says sorry, simply outstanding.
Then, just as I'm enjoying this, an evil doer appears. You all have such an hard-on for Kumagawa, but this dude seems pretty unlikeable to me and as assholish as I expected him to be. I hope he gets his ass kicked in the end, because I already can't stand him based on his intents, what he did to Medaka and the way he treats Zenkichi.

Honorable mention for loli mom, I totally wasn't expecting that, though covering up Medaka wasn't cool, even if I appreciate how the Black Jack with a license did it.

I'm not sure I understand what made Shiranui decide to enter class -13 after Zenkichi's phone call.

Ah, that wordy spread that i saw posted on here with the ABF parody... another outstanding moment. This manga is pretty great.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Medaka Box vol 7
http://i.picpar.com/a49e2a4e7d102c25f4b92d5d8e7c568d03d50ad9.jpg[img]

Oh man, Medaka whooping Odo's ass was glorious. The way she keeps egging him on at the end, until he says sorry, simply outstanding.
Then, just as I'm enjoying this, an evil doer appears. You all have such an hard-on for Kumagawa, but this dude seems pretty unlikeable to me and as assholish as I expected him to be. I hope he gets his ass kicked in the end, because I already can't stand him based on his intents, what he did to Medaka and the way he treats Zenkichi.

Honorable mention for loli mom, I totally wasn't expecting that, though covering up Medaka wasn't cool, even if I appreciate how the Black Jack with a license did it.

I'm not sure I understand what made Shiranui decide to enter class -13 after Zenkichi's phone call.

Ah, that wordy spread that i saw posted on here with the ABF parody... another outstanding moment. This manga is pretty great.[/QUOTE]

You too will eventually come to realize that Kumagawa is the best.

flawfuls

How did I not know about 7 Seeds until now, though? The manga's more than a decade old and with the level of quality you'd expect people to be frothing over new releases. Especially if FMA and Molester Man get that kind of reaction, since 7 Seeds is several times the manga they are. Is it a josei thing?

7 Seeds does seem to have a reasonably big following among shoujo fans, but its hard to get GAF to read shoujo/josei en masse.

On a related note people should really read Princess.

Definitely the Shoujo/Josei thing. I was introduced to it by a female friend of mine.

The mangaka also did this manga called Basara before 7 Seeds. My friend swears it is as good, but I haven't really given it a proper read yet.

A little bit of warning though, the art is much much more classic shoujo, and starts a bit slower than 7 Seeds.

Caught up on Molester Man. So fucking good.

He dropped Loli's entire gameplan with one act. She thought she had him by the balls and he pulled the Dudley-style Cross Counter.

Hopefully he ends up with Kansai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom