• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eyeshield 21 END
What an absolutley fantastic series. The characters are really the highlight for me, almost all of them were great. I went into this series expecting to hate it but instead I would put it in the top five of series I read this year, and I've read alot of good series this year. The only negative I really have is the final arc, I felt like it wasn't really needed.

The last arc is real trash. Unnecessary and boring. They probably tried and see if the series could continue after the C.Bowl (in fact they introduced a new character), but the ratings dropped almost immediately (so they had to cut a lot of content/matches). Also, I think Inagaki (the writer) was pretty much out of ideas and Murata was not at his best too. It seems to me that they were worn out already during the last part of the C.Bowl arc, so I (and many others here) was already losing some interest in the series. And I love ES21!

dumbyugi

Gotta agree with you on the final arc but I guess they just wanted to make some fans' dreams come true. It's like a fanfiction but it's still cool to see all the characters you love playing together. And it meant more Murata!

Still my favourite manga...

Eyeshield 21 END

The last arc is real trash. Unnecessary and boring. They probably tried and see if the series could continue after the C.Bowl (in fact they introduced a new character), but the ratings dropped almost immediately (so they had to cut a lot of content/matches). Also, I think Inagaki (the writer) was pretty much out of ideas and Murata was not at his best too. It seems to me that they were worn out already during the last part of the C.Bowl arc, so I (and many others here) was already losing some interest in the series. And I love ES21!

Winning the Christmas Bowl was their goal throughout the entire series and it really should have ended there. A timeskip epilouge or something would have been fine but it really didn't need an entire arc. Luckily the rest of the series was fantastic.

Battle Athletes Daiundoukai 1-3

This is so very 90's. So far it's been mostly lighthearted fun but that chinese girl just tried to seriously drown the main girl so I hope that's a sign that this will get more serious.

Picked up some manga called Onepunch-man, hilarious stuff.

Also reread City of Dead Sorcerer and it's much better on the second read. Get a real Death Note feel and it was amazing.

Screaming Lesson 29

So I guess the moral of the story is if you're fat, stop being fat by any means necessary. Good advice for impressionable young girls! You don't need those organs anyway.

7 Seeds

I'm all caught up now. Such a good manga. It could even be in the running for the best-made comic of all time. It's wonderful.

Now I have to wait for new chapters right after such a heartbreaking event.

wonzo

Banned
Caramel Kitsch Flying Column 1-2
caramelkitsch1.png

Yeah, I'm definitely digging this so far. The artstyle's nice and charming and helps add to the fairly relaxed atmosphere but I can't help but feel there's a more sinister undertone what with the weird end sequence of the last chapter.

AKB49 100

GOD

CRUSHING

IDOLS

upandaway

Depending on how Molester Man ends:

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| OTL
Now that I look at it, OT7 sorta looks like a dog...

Now I won't be able to go past a numbered OT thread without imagining what kind of insane leg formation the dude has. How insulting.

Soon we'll have an entire page of posts with nothing but sprite avatars.
Everyone are getting face surgeries here, it's gonna take me a while to re-register all the faces to their mangaf history...

I feel satisfied just removing that white spot I had before, hopefully that will throw some people off so they will understand my pain~!!

Jeez, what's with some of the monthlies being 19 pages or less lately. Really getting annoying here.
Just felt a sharp pain in my chest. Don't say such damaging stuff so casually!

bigkrev

A Fighting, Maid-like, Boy in Drag 1
rsz_img000003_zps0481642d.png

Well, it got right to the point....

Was surprised when he pulled out a
gun
towards the end- was a pretty heavy escalation of the situation. Probably won't have enough content to go passed a few chapters, but will be interested to see where this goes.

scy

Molester Man

So, this manga seem to be really popular now at GAF. What is this about and why is good?

Guy gets mistaken as a stalker and he goes to 2ch for advice about the situation. Quickly becomes a "help me get the girl!" situation and goes from there.

It's just kind of charming despite what the name would indicate. It's "Molester Man" due to that being the nickname from the original thread. Honestly, that whole angle for him doesn't last that long.

Now that I look at it, OT7 sorta looks like a dog...

Now I won't be able to go past a numbered OT thread without imagining what kind of insane leg formation the dude has. How insulting.

Oh god...

OT8
OT9
OT10

!!!

Linebarrels 80

I don't know what the fuck is going on. I need to stop reading series with translated chapters half a year a part every single release.

Molester Man

So, this manga seem to be really popular now at GAF. What is this about and why is good?

It's about an Otaku loser and his first interaction with real women and he posts his adventure on the 2ch message board. Basically a good Girl-Age thread. Not that such a thing existed before.

QdbQY.png

He just gets mistaken for a molester at the beginning, hence the name.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Guy gets mistaken as a stalker and he goes to 2ch for advice about the situation. Quickly becomes a "help me get the girl!" situation and goes from there.

It's just kind of charming despite what the name would indicate. It's "Molester Man" due to that being the nickname from the original thread. Honestly, that whole angle for him doesn't last that long.

What's the real name, then?

Piecake

good substantiation there guy

---

akb49 - 100

Yoshinaga is still the worst.

I need evidence when its obviously an opinion?

Tower of God, Magician, Kubera and even Noblesse are far better than any manga that ive read recently. Well, Vinland Saga is excellent, but thats just so damn slow

scy

What's the real name, then?

My bad, I meant that's the name he gave himself in the 2ch thread.

Edit: Or maybe they gave him the name? Regardless, that's where it came from. The whole molester/stalker angle doesn't last long. It's more the setup for meeting the girls in the first place. First and foremost, it's about a guy meeting a group of girls and the Dating Age thread advice given to him.

I wonder what MangaGAF would do if Molester Man had a time skip Miss Understanding end?

Time skip harem ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom