• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Ran to Haiiro no Sekai 1-9
wa50m.jpg

This shit is so amazingly FABULOUS

Really surprised by the great and detailed art. So many great panels and double spreads. I'm starting to think Fellows magazine has a policy of only getting great artists since A Bride's Story and Gisele Alain are both published in the same magazine.

I'm liking the laid back atmosphere of the manga with hints dropped every so often at something darker and more serious. The whole way the sorcerers reacted to that little bug that escaped from the Door really puts things into perspective at what a dangerous thing Ran's mom is trying to prevent from going through the Door. The magic system still hasn't be explained and Ran just does random stuff like floating or teleporting, or bringing drawings to life, but I'm hoping once we get to her training we will get a better idea of the magic system and sorcerers in general.

wa50m.jpg

Really surprised by the great and detailed art. So many great panels and double spreads. I'm starting to think Fellows magazine has a policy of only getting great artists since A Bride's Story and Gisele Alain are both published in the same magazine.

I'm liking the laid back atmosphere of the manga with hints dropped every so often at something darker and more serious. The whole way the sorcerers reacted to that little bug that escaped from the Door really puts things into perspective at what a dangerous thing Ran's mom is trying to prevent from going through the Door. The magic system still hasn't be explained and Ran just does random stuff like floating or teleporting, or bringing drawings to life, but I'm hoping once we get to her training we will get a better idea of the magic system and sorcerers in general.
Doesn't look like anyone is translating it anymore.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 196

A_NJwl8CYAAzVTN.jpg

This chapter seems like it's going to be
Kise's last stand against Seiren
. My theory on what happens next is that
Kuroko will use Misdirection Overflow. Kise can't copy what he can't see. That would hold Kise off for the last few minutes left in the game.

I really liked how the author used all the roleplayers to tell the story of the game and leaves the ending for the main characters to take over.

7 Seeds does seem to have a reasonably big following among shoujo fans, but its hard to get GAF to read shoujo/josei en masse.
It's weird, though. 7 Seeds could have easily been a Seinen. I think that the story itself is so neutral that anyone could enjoy it. Frankly it's the most-developed story in comics. I couldn't recommend it enough, so it's shocking to see how little recognition it gets relative to its quality. I was completely shocked that it slipped past me for so long, considering that I already read a lot of josei.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's weird, though. 7 Seeds could have easily been a Seinen. I think that the story itself is so neutral that anyone could enjoy it. Frankly it's the most-developed story in comics. I couldn't recommend it enough, so it's shocking to see how little recognition it gets relative to its quality. I was completely shocked that it slipped past me for so long, considering that I already read a lot of josei.
I'm going to guess that the art as well as the first few chapters probably turned a lot of people off, because natsu can be insufferable.

But yeah, the quality of the manga was pretty surprising to me.

Molester Man 14
Guys guys guys.

This is so cringe-worthy, but why can't I stop reading ?
I hope for the Kansai ending, even if I know as a savvy reader this won't be the case :(

Has anyone here bothered to keep up with Wolf Guy?

hE6A5.jpg

I know, I know. Pretty much everyone here, including me, dropped it after Inugami went all emo and it became a rape hentai for God knows how many chapters. But I've been reading the earlier chapters again and it was pretty good and I really like the art. It would be such a waste if it didn't pick up after that. Is it still a waste of time?

hE6A5.jpg

I know, I know. Pretty much everyone here, including me, dropped it after Inugami went all emo and it became a rape hentai for God knows how many chapters. But I've been reading the earlier chapters again and it was pretty good and I really like the art. It would be such a waste if it didn't pick up after that. Is it still a waste of time?

I loved Akumetsu (the authors' previous manga), and I expected a lot from Wolf Guy. I even read it till the very last page. Marathoned the fucker, 83 chapters in a few hours.

It is definitely not worth it.

I'm one of the scanlators for Wolf Guy and I think it's garbage. The author is known for making indulgent power fantasies and Wolf is no different. One of the best manhwa for practicing cleaning, though.

hE6A5.jpg

He can't continue stories for shit.

both of his mangas start promisingly, then starts to suffer a huge quality downgrade after the first few chapters.

Lain

Wrooooooooooooong.
It's all about Zenkichi.

I don't find myself agreeing with you on certain things, but on this you're 100% right!

wa50m.jpg

I really loved the first volume. I mainly grabbed it for the nice cover art with little expectations story wise and it delivered on both art and story for me.
I just hope I won't have to wait long for the second volume to be released.

-----

Celestial Clothes vol 1
eef47c8cafabe45a74b69e74c697d135fcd076ba.jpg

I remember looking at the raws for this, hoping someone would translate it. Now I finally hold the first volume between my hands and I find out some months ago someone started translating the first 3 chapters lol.
My feelings about this are about the same as when I looked at the raw, with the only difference being I now have a clue about the actual story: I love it.
The mix between Norse mythology with Valkyries, Odin, Valhalla etc and modern Japan isn't half bad.

Yu seems like a nice kid but when it as needed he showed he has guts and that already makes me like him, although in the end he's just the armor for Radgrid, which brings in an aspect I rather like: it's the guy that gets used by the girl and not vice versa.
The whole background stuff isn't really explained yet, not in full anyways, but there are some piece of info shown that make me look forward to the next volumes for some bigger reveals.

I have to admit that I have a soft spot for Etorouji Shiono's shotas and lolis style, even if somethimes his stories aren't all that great, like Extra Existence and to a lesser extent Necossas: Six. Celestial clothes at least is off to a good start and I hope Bloomed in Action will be nice too (I see some translations of that are available now too, so I'll probably check them out before buying it).

Bossun

Kongou Banchou 114

Aaah, great manga, so over the top that it's awesome. So glad there's Nanatsu no Taizai.

Anyway I like happy endings like that as much as I like surprising ones.

Herla

No Molester, but oh shit after two months a new Yotsuba is out!
Finally, can't wait to dig i...

Why

...I still smiled at every single page, like always. I'm so glad this manga exists.

Averon

I loved Wolf Guy up until Rape Namek happened. Really, that entire arc was ridiculous, and it killed any goodwill that series had up to that point. I didn't even bother to finish it.

Kongou Banchou end

And so ends the tale of banchous and the crazy things they do like giving the planet a big ass fissure. Good epilogue type final chapter. Not entirely sure what the significance of the last page is there, but good nonetheless.

What a great series. This is an example of taking a ridiculous concept, and developing it in a way that actually makes you care beyond just being "popcorn flick" entertainment. Action was good, characters were fun, and the art was just plain awesome.

He was already on the list, but this makes me keep an eye on Nakaba even more. Will start Nanatsu no Taizai when it gets to a reasonable length.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We're gonna needs some happy feels manga ready to go if and when MM 21 turns out to be a forever alone ending (he'll throw Sachiko out hoping for Kansai ending and she'll say no)

Kongou Banchou End

That ending was so good. I will miss Cowardly Banchou, he was the best.

The last panel
is Literature Banchou who was disguised is the top right panel

Soul Eater 105

Awesome battle.
Maka dad sacrifice coming?

Yotsuba 81.3

So good. Shame it was short.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Smut 6

Look, I get that you're Food Smut, but there's only so many times the MC can make someone lose their shit over some improvised meal before it becomes repetitive as shit. It's only Chapter 6 for fuck's sake.

Herla

Shokugeki no Souma

This needs to be less Yakitate Japan and more Mx0.
And with "more Mx0" I don't mean "get cancelled", it's doing that well enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom