• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Bah, stuck on the last post at the bottom of the page is the worst.

I'll say it again:

We should make a voting of the best/worst manga in 2012, MangaGAF. I think it'll be fun.

scy

Molester Man united us pretty damn well I must say. These last few pages make me happy.

Wednesday will ruin things probably (or is it next week?) but, hey, until then...!

Shouta

Man, Kono S wo Miyo's latest chapters have really taken a quick turn in development. So much crazy shit going on.

survivor

Banned
Bah, stuck on the last post at the bottom of the page is the worst.

I'll say it again:

We should make a voting of the best/worst manga in 2012, MangaGAF. I think it'll be fun.

Are there any requirements for which manga that qualify? Like do they need to be released in 2012, just have chapters translated in 2012, or no restrictions?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It would be better to make a "best manga you've read/completed in 2012", except I can't remember everythin gi"ve read so I wouldn't even fucking bother.

Molester Man MOTY 5eva.

Are there any requirements for which manga that qualify? Like do they need to be released in 2012, just have chapters translated in 2012, or no restrictions?

Chapters translated in 2012 makes the most sense to me. That's the stuff that we got access to during the year.

Froli

FgjFV.jpg

;_;

vall03

I lurk a lot in the Anime and Manga threads here, but I just really want to chime in and say Molester Man was a very good read! I discovered it first on Twitter but ignored it, comments here on gaf convinced me to read it and I loved it!

Dresden

Molester Man - 21

Decent end - feels good, happy feels, feelsmuscles tweaked happily. The story trailed down as it drew to a close, but then, conclusions do have that tendency to contract.

Do I believe any of it? Fuck no. Am I happy that it was told? Yep.

cSf5h.png

lolololol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Molester Man - 21

Decent end - feels good, happy feels, feelsmuscles tweaked happily. The story trailed down as it drew to a close, but then, conclusions do have that tendency to contract.

Do I believe any of it? Fuck no. Am I happy that it was told? Yep.

http://i.imgur.com/cSf5h.png[IMG]

lolololol[/QUOTE]

"Memories of a Young Molester" sounds like the title of a lost Cezanne work.

Bossun

Molester

Ahahaha it made me happy, I'm smiling for nothing.

And next week is depression when reality befall upon my shoulder : no more molester...

Molester Man End

tumblr_m6hb27tYlk1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Perfect ending. Sachiko with the snake, Glasses with Miss Undie, Loli wising up and doing the right thing. So many feels.

Now to go back and read the last page or so. Had to wait until I read it.

Yuuyami Tokkoutai 01

So basically a supernatural mystery solving club series. Art is kinda eh, but does have some good comedy and the whole use fear to take down fear is a least different enough for me to keep checking it out.

Top Manga of 2012:

1. 7 Seeds by Yumi Tamura
  2. Jojolion by Hirohiko Araki
  3. Kokou No Hito by Sakamoto Shinichi
  4. One Punch-Man by Murata Yuusuke
  5. Prison School by Hiramoto Akira

Top of the Shitpile Award for Most Improved Shonen of the Year:

• Bleach

Audience's Choice Award:

• Molester Man

Bottom of the Shitpile aka Stop Reading Award for Shonen Pretending to be a Seinen:

• Attack on Titan

The Claymore Award for Most Incomprehensible Character Design:

• Claymore

The Kentaro Miura Award for Most Annoyingly Postponed Manga:
  • Vagabond

2012 Special Consideration for Lifetime Achievement:
  • Sho "Buronson" Fumimura for his work in Fist of The North Star and Sanctuary, currently serialized through Lord

Herla

Molester Man 21

Well, I haven't slept one bit and I feel like I can throw up my entire soul any second now...but I haven't been smiling so much reading something since my first Yotsuba chapter.
I don't know what else to say...it's been an inspiring rollercoaster of emotions, just like Onani Master, without the need to make me feel like complete shit (not that it was a bad thing, but sometimes you just want a heartwarming, funny and just a little bit tense story).
Real story or not, I don't care. It felt real, and that's all that matters.

Shit, that was a bit much for just a Doujin.
Now I have no clue about what to read next. Maybe I'll give Tsunbaka a try (I read a bit of it and it felt kind of pointless), maybe I'll just re-read OMK.

Dragon Head

I appreciate the sense of claustrophobia, but the absurdity of the character choices really took me out of the story and it got preachy and incomprehensible towards the end which is the mark of creative bankruptcy.

7 Seeds 120

Heartbreaking but necessary transitional period. The story can go a lot of ways from here, but it looks like all the major groups are going to come together for once. Ango's return is going to be intense.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 seeds 119-120

Dang man.

I... I have something in my eyes.

This manga really knows how to create some incredibly powerful moments.

edit: this entire arc is honestly fantastic in showing the beauty, power, and terror of nature. So good.

7 Seeds 120

The development of the characters from Summer Team A is probably my favorite of the series. It's amazing how they go from protagonists > antagonists > protagonists yet still maintain their characteristics.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Happy new year guys!

7 Seeds 1-4
Glad God's Beard recommended this. Still early days, but the premise is really interesting. The emotions of characters come through really well, and Natsu is a likeable enough main lead. Her development is reminding me of Chihiro from Spirited Away, but, of course, this series is much darker. Really looking forward to see where this goes.

Anyway, Manga of the year?

Best: Bleach/Toriko
Worst: Fairy Tail

Happy new year guys!

7 Seeds 1-4
Glad God's Beard recommended this. Still early days, but the premise is really interesting. The emotions of characters come through really well, and Natsu is a likeable enough main lead. Her development is reminding me of Chihiro from Spirited Away, but, of course, this series is much darker. Really looking forward to see where this goes.

It's going to get much much better and darker after volume 4, have fun reading!

dumbyugi

Fortune Arterial

Decided to give this a shot 'cause the art looked nice. I actually thought this was going to be a harem but only one of the girls has actually shown feelings for the MC. It's been a pretty enjoyable read so far and I look foward to the rest. Also is this based on a game, because it certainly feels like a VN adaptation.

Also, manga of the year?

Best: To-Love Ru ~Darkness~
Runner-up: Saki

Worst: Code:Breaker
Runner-up: Fairy Tail

Top 10 Best Mangas of the year

7 Seeds
Kuragehime
One Piece
Magi
Baby Steps
Horimiya
Assassination Classroom
Last Game
Molester Man
One-Punch Man

Worst Popular Mangas of the year:

Kimi No Iru Machi
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Cage of Eden

Most Improved Mangas

Bleach
Naruto

Most Declining In Quality Popular Mangas

Nisekoi
Claymore
Berserk

Mangas that need to get out of their hiatus/get scanlated to teach people a thing or two about quality

REAL
Vagabond
Hunter X Hunter
Akagami no Shirayukihime
Oresama Teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom