• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best manga of 2012

Bleach
Magi
Vinland Saga
Noblesse
Witch Hunter

Worst manga of 2012

Freezing
Naruto
one piece
Kuroko no basket

Dropped in 2012

Freezing

Improved manga of the year

Fairy Tail
Toriko

Manga that got bad this year in comparison to last year

Beelzebub.

Best new manga i picked up in 2012

Magi
Dark Air

Worst new manga i picked up in 2012

Kuroko no basket

remz

Molester Man

I still would've dated Loli for obvious reasons.

It's the tits right? Or the DQ?

Fuck Molester Man 21 was awesome. So many feels. Loved the whole chapter pretty much, from molestors dad to sachiko's final fate D': Don't regret reading this for a second.

Happy New Year MANGAF, at this was my first year really getting back into manga I can't really give much of an opinion on how things were vs last year, so I'll just rank all the series I've read from best to worst.

1. One Piece
2. Magi
3. Aunt's Tits
4. Full Metal Alchemist
5. Laughter In The End Of The World
6. Bleach
7. Assassination Classroom
8. Fairy Tail
9. Naruto
10. One Punch Man
14. 14

Time to marathon Molester Man, will reflect ratings when I finish

Molester Man really made thread grow fast .

As for awards going to with Stat Flow on this one .

Best Shonen Bleach

Best Shojo Bleach

Best Seinen Bleach

Best Josei Bleach

Best Hentai Bleach

Best Yaoi Beach

Best Yuri Bleach

Worst Manga Bleach

Also happy new year MangaGAF .

Molester Man 1-2

So much text o.o I don't even care about the blurry art it's just irritating how chapter 2 was like 30 pages with walls and walls of text. Good set up so far

Akito

Anyone have the original thread for molester man?
http://www.geocities.jp/chikan_otoko_2005/index.html

Happy New Year

iJhD0EF9L5IFL.jpg

Bonus: MM x JJ

i8CIxdZVXuJSU.jpg

The bonus chapter seems really like fun.

Kreed

Instead of all these silly lists, it would be better to just do the same thing as the top 10 banner and count the most discussed mangas from the last thread and this one. Much better than everyone voting for what they love/hate ATM.

Molester Man 21:

You guys went nuts with the unmarked spoilers a few pages ago. Glad I wasn't near a computer to read any of that. Anyway this was a great final chapter. I'll admit, it would have been "fun" to see a different ending, but ignoring being different for the sake of being different I enjoyed the chapter. My favorite moments were MM boxing up the toy/throwing the toy in the closet and Mr. Glasses coming back.

Even though I'm in the camp of some/most of this story being made up with maybe some truth, it was definitely told well. Now it's time to go back to complaining about everything but Onepunch Man.

I like it better. Someone might recommend a manga that I haven't read yet with his or her list.

Instead of all these silly lists, it would be better to just do the same thing as the top 10 banner and count the most discussed mangas from the last thread and this one. Much better than everyone voting for what they love/hate ATM.

dumbyugi

I guess I'll do a full list then as well.

Best manga of 2012

To-Love Ru ~Darkness~
Saki
Magi
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo

Worst manga of 2012

Code;Breaker
Fairy Tail
HSDK

Most improved manga of the year

Toriko

Manga that was worse this year compared to last year

Code;Breaker
HSDK

Best manga I picked up in 2012

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
Eyeshield 21
Assassination Classroom
Magi
AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei

Worst manga I tried to read in 2012

Bleach

Best Smut in 2012

To-Love Ru ~Darkness~
Blade Play
Nana to Kaoru

Btw am I the only one who ALWAYS goes "Who the fuck is that? Loli?" any time Sachiko shows up in Molester Man?

I don't think there was a single time where her showing up didn't catch me off guard.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Best manga of 2012

To-Love Ru ~Darkness~
Iris Zero
Trinity Seven
Toriko
Worst manga of 2012

Code;Breaker
Fairy Tail
Bleach

Most improved manga of the year

Toriko

Manga that was worsethis year compared to last year

Code;Breaker
Bleach

Best manga I picked up in 2012

Assassination Classroom

Worst manga I tried to read in 2012

Bleach

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Happy New Year MANGAF, at this was my first year really getting back into manga I can't really give much of an opinion on how things were vs last year, so I'll just rank all the series I've read from best to worst.

1. One Piece
2. Magi
3. Aunt's Tits
4. Full Metal Alchemist

5. Laughter In The End Of The World
6. Bleach
7. Assassination Classroom
8. Fairy Tail
9. Naruto
10. One Punch Man
14. 14

Time to marathon Molester Man, will reflect ratings when I finish
dafuq

Happy New Year guys!

Q.E.D is being scanlated again.

Best 10 Manga I picked in 2012

7 Seeds
Molester Man
Onepunch-man
Pumpkin Scissors
AKB49
Assassination Classroom
Until Death Do Us Part
Baby Steps (Best Sports Manga)
Laughter in the End of The World
Hitogatana

Best 5 of 2012

7 Seeds
Molester Man
Onepunch-man
Magi
Aunt Tits

Best Waifu

Kansai

Best News

Black Lagoon back from hiatus.

Lain

XBlade Cross vol 1
7ca17455712d045ccaafc9b895b4b41516b84780.jpg

I was waiting for this to start getting published once XBlade finished over here.
The way the volume start is great, what with that close up of Haru (with a badass-like expression on his face) Mana and Lulu Lau as the monsters approach and the group of people is running away and it ends up with the trio being dragged away by the fleeing dudes, as they think Haru and co are some poor, defenseless kids.

Hasegawa looked shady from the start, so what she did didn't surprise me. It was cool to get some new info about Jin's plan.
The final fight of the volume... I don't see how Haru can get out of it alive if he doesn't manage to get back the control of his body and use Mana the way he's supposed to. At least he seems to have gained that bit of knowledge while Kushiro his moving his body.

Time to do avatars again!

Almost done with the ones I remember people
requesting, so if anyone wants one, now's your chance.

(chances are if you didn't send me a note, I forgot.)

Molester Man 1-21 (END)

Woke up, saw 21 was out, knew this thread would be full of spoilers, marathoned it.

It was... compelling and hilarious, though not exceptional. I read Onani Master and Tsunbaka and thought they were both decent enough, but this was definitely a step up. Didn't really like any of the girls enough to be that heavily invested in the outcome but I'll take what we got.

survivor

Banned
Top Manga of 2012: Hyperbole Edition

5 Centimeters per Second
You take the greatest love story ever told in anime and you make it into a manga and what do you get? The greatest love story ever told in manga

A Bride’s Story
Some evil men like gunbo might say this is a boring totally not accurate history manga. I say don't listen to the self proclaimed smutking because this is the one of the best history focused manga with mindblowing art

Again!!
You take the good old concept of high school comedy drama, add some time travel, give it a nice art and charming characters and what do you get? A fucking enjoyable manga that is severely lacking a consistent translation schedule.

Annarasumanara
A webtoon manhwa in my top 10? Why I never thought I would see such a day, but this outstanding achievement in sappy dramatic magical boyfriends high school romance deserves to be recognized despite the unfortunate bad webtoon art style that plagues almost all of them.

Getenrou
Biggest surprise hit of the year. This mystery manga came out of nowhere and blew my mind thanks to the genius of Ishiguro Masakazu. Just remember: the first chapter of the manga is not a good indication of the things to come.

Goodnight Punpun
Asano + angst + 2deep4u = greatest story ever written in the past decade.

Orange
Out of all the shitty derivative generic forgettable shoujo I endured this year, this was the one I hated the least and for that it deserves to be here. With such a decent premise that allows for great melodramatic and cheesy moments, this is a good shoujo manga to keep an eye for.

REAL
Where is my fucking volume 12, translator-kun?

Sakamichi no Apollon
Relatively fast paced bromance focused romance josei manga with great characters. Recommended way of experiencing the manga is by reading it alongside the anime's OST. Oh and fuck you Watanabe for ruining the anime. Go back and make more shitty sci-fi anime and stop butchering my manga

Saturn Apartments
An episodic sci-fi story about the daily adventures of a windows cleaner in space. The story isn't deep or thought provoking, but with a charming cast of characters, this becomes a great relaxing read.

suzu

My best manga for 2012:

OnePunch-Man
Magi

Time to do avatars again!

Almost done with the ones I remember people
requesting, so if anyone wants one, now's your chance.

(chances are if you didn't send me a note, I forgot.)

Is it okay if I make a request, but not use it as my avatar? lol. I just want to see it in your awesome pixel style. :)

If so: Shin from Dorohedoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom