• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Manga of 2012

Only considering stuff I read for the first time in 2012 here:
manga2012fkijg4.jpg
Screaming Lessons / Sakuranbo Syndrome / Torikago Gakkyuu / Getenrou
Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime / Necromancer / Aphorism / Nowhere Boy
Gokukoku no Brynhildr / Anne Freaks / Shitsurakuen / Nozomi x Kimio

Best Ongoing Series - Screaming Lessons
Best Finished Series - Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime
Best Oneshot - Haikyo Shoujo
Worst Series - Yakuza Girl

Best MC - Yomi / Yumi (Screaming Lessons)
Best Waifu - Dr Angela (Eighth)
Best Husbando - Neoriceisgood (lol)
Worst Character - Lunajena (Tsuki Tsuki)

suzu

Is he the dude with a heart for a face? He looks weird.

Yeah, but it's a mask that looks like a heart. He wears it when he goes killing people with his hammer (his job is as an enforcer for a corporation). He normally looks like a blonde guy with eyeglasses. Haha.

Dorohedoro is really good (seinen, fantasy/horror/action/comedy), more people should read it!

I gotta say, i was checking Netflix and Japanese movies, and there seem to little distinction to the Japanese between anime concepts and movies. Yakuza weapon, and mutant girls squad, sounds very ridiculous. I even watched 15 minutes of mutant girls. That was not good at all.

When is SJ coming back? Is there Magi chapter this week?

scy

Update-to-update made the collective GAF experience that much better though~

I wish I jumped in earlier than I did.

Gradivus

Time to do avatars again!

Almost done with the ones I remember people
requesting, so if anyone wants one, now's your chance.

(chances are if you didn't send me a note, I forgot.)

Can I please get Joseph Joestar from Part 2 of JoJo's bizarre adventure if that isn't too much trouble.

Update-to-update made the collective GAF experience that much better though~

I wish I jumped in earlier than I did.

Pretty much. While Molester Man is a good manga, I wouldn't like it as much, if it wasn't for the reading experience with you guys.

Happy new year, ManGAF.

scy

Cage of Eden 182 - NO WAY. *stock shocked reaction*

"Only 3 more chapters to go!" Was this like ... a sudden cancellation? Or is our happy ending here going to be really fucked up and not so happy? Because I'm not sure what kind of resolution to expect here.

Desmond

Naruto Preview from the last Jump
成ると決めたってばよ!
Naruto has decided! (dattebayo=Naruto`s unique enthusiastic suffix)

超過熱第4次忍界大戦!! 巻頭からー!!
The anxiously awaited 4th Shinobi War!! Title page in colour!!

現実を突きつけるオビとの問いにナ�� � �トは!?
What will Naruto`s answer be to Obito`s sobering question?! 

Next to Naruto is a scroll saying 火影 (ほかげ) = Hokage

Colour pages next issue it seems, with a NaruHina cover page too.

Cage of Eden

Damn, even the picture of his mother was predicted.

So it looks like we will have at least a chapter for a flashback and then two more wrapping it all up....We'll see how this goes.

Tower of God 60-64

For a test that seems to have a lot hanging on to it's outcome it seems kind of lame. Bull and any interference could be interesting, but as for a test that's given for something that rarely, if ever, happens it's pretty simple.

Mr. Fix

MotY 2012?

1. One Piece - Obviously. Save for one or two circumstances, it's been pretty unpredictable. Also an arc involving prominent characters outside the crew was awesome.

2. Bleach - War felt meh. Not as bad as Naruto's, but not as good as The War of Da Bess. Wish they could have focused more on the fights the other captains/vices were involved in. Also, Yamamoto ain't a badass anymore. Lol @ the Byakuya situation. Bach is pretty cool, and I would have loved to see Aizen, but I'm sure we'll see him this year.

3. Naruto - Like I said, 2 sets of flashbacks for two of the lamest villains in the manga. Not a good look. Only thing worth noting is how smug Madara is, and how much crazier power levels have gotten.

*Bonus (or Number 2, if retro counts)

Jo-motherfuckin'-Jo

So fresh. The technicality of the fights remind me of Naruto's glory days. This shit is ace.

Obligatory ranking list:
Battle Tendency > Stardust Crusaders > Phantom Blood (by just a smidge though).

To-do list for 2013:

- The rest of JoJo - I just have to plow myself through all that duwang.
- HxH - though I fear at the thought of being caught up.
- Magi - I tried to get started on this during finals but somehow forgot about it, definitely interested though.
- OPM - I gave the first 4 chapters a try, which didn't really take, but I might as well catch up again later
- FMA - I barely remember the anime-original adaptation, and I've always wanted to see Brotherhood
- Deadman Wonderland - Will continue where I left off once it's up and running again
- Toriko - To my understanding, this is OP with food and insane power levels

Might pick up:

- Molester Man - if I finally get it's Japanese title.

LOL @:

- Fairy Tail Smut
- Fairy Tail

Final Chapter automated visual novel style:

"Saying y and Kansai will acknowledge it. Close your eyes lightly and gently bend down Kansai. A little more if I were tall and... or think. Pull and turn the hands back. I'm not rough snorting my breath, lips close. Maybe, like me, or Octopus. That lightly touches the lips, leaving the Kansai. However, it doesn't let go. I am a hunter. Of going. Cd'a intact, screwing up the tongue. "Campaign!? 」

I was resisting moment, invoked the chest kinda feeling after smoothly. I mean, and was anus! rages have been turning in the feeling that I used to. I will be leaving. And I didn't have time ability 結べたり cherries on him, "who is earliest fortune-telling Chupa-Chups licking 溶かせる?", ranked 2 or in competition, no to demonstrate. Going down he can pull strings doesn't work, my stunned tongue. I'm not nothing

Come into my mouth and going down he can pull strings or daagsfor. For me, not an erection but different from normal kiss me, done... head to zone out. And mindful of the breath, light breathing became difficult to or don't say. I also think so. Was the one minute long?... off the lips and inhale. Try to hide. "Not hold your breath?!? "Moon in the feeling.

People email me some people were like crazy vandalism gave at the beginning some, see summary of crabs and who was seen from the Middle, who had Madras people person said "wwwwwwww" or told Apollo and also who pierced ハァハァ in the picturesque tea also care to people who didn't even _ ∩ (° ∀ °) 彡 you! boobs! Your cum tits! ⊂ who was just like 彡 thanks everyone. Thank you"

I dunno what I was expecting, but yeah that's Molester lol

Also, as expected 2chan are the gods of ASCII art.  (゚∀゚ )

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Waifu of the Year

1. Kansai
2. Esdese
3. Natsu (Baby Steps)

Short Manga of the Year

Molester Man

Continuing Manga of the Year

Hunter X Hunter
DVFoI.gif

Rage of the Year

Nisekoi not cancelled

Mr. Fix

So next year is the last year of Naruto. He becomes hokage over the 5 villages, but what about the Sauce, and Orochimaru?

I'm hoping that this is still done during the war. Any downtime placed between the War and the final battle would probably be awkward. The scroll being discovered by Suigetsu in the random way it happened is utter bullshit, and obviously done to extend the life of the manga.

As for Naruto becoming hokage, I guess I could kind of see it now, given the recent events. Would be interesting if he did become Hokage, and still died along with Sasuke during the final battle. Kishi already hinted at that.

That is the direct translation of its Japanese title: Chikan Otoko

Thanks, bruh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Molester Man 19-21

Aw, nice seeing everything resolving OK. Molester man'd up more than I thought he would.

Overall a pretty fun romance manga.

Waifu of the Year

1. Kansai

Short Manga of the Year

Molester Man

Yea she took it really handily in that manga and the amount of chapters made it short and sweet

Continuing Manga of the Year

Hunter X Hunter
DVFoI.gif

LOLOLOLOLOL

Molester Man 19-21

Aw, nice seeing everything resolving OK. Molester man'd up more than I thought he would.

Overall a pretty fun romance manga.

What he did in 20 was really awesome.

Final Chapter automated visual novel style:

"Saying y and Kansai will acknowledge it. Close your eyes lightly and gently bend down Kansai. A little more if I were tall and... or think. Pull and turn the hands back. I'm not rough snorting my breath, lips close. Maybe, like me, or Octopus. That lightly touches the lips, leaving the Kansai. However, it doesn't let go. I am a hunter. Of going. Cd'a intact, screwing up the tongue. "Campaign!? 」

I was resisting moment, invoked the chest kinda feeling after smoothly. I mean, and was anus! rages have been turning in the feeling that I used to. I will be leaving. And I didn't have time ability 結べたり cherries on him, "who is earliest fortune-telling Chupa-Chups licking 溶かせる?", ranked 2 or in competition, no to demonstrate. Going down he can pull strings doesn't work, my stunned tongue. I'm not nothing

Come into my mouth and going down he can pull strings or daagsfor. For me, not an erection but different from normal kiss me, done... head to zone out. And mindful of the breath, light breathing became difficult to or don't say. I also think so. Was the one minute long?... off the lips and inhale. Try to hide. "Not hold your breath?!? "Moon in the feeling.

People email me some people were like crazy vandalism gave at the beginning some, see summary of crabs and who was seen from the Middle, who had Madras people person said "wwwwwwww" or told Apollo and also who pierced ハァハァ in the picturesque tea also care to people who didn't even _ ∩ (° ∀ °) 彡 you! boobs! Your cum tits! ⊂ who was just like 彡 thanks everyone. Thank you"

I dunno what I was expecting, but yeah that's Molester lol

Also, as expected 2chan are the gods of ASCII art.  (゚∀゚ )

I *think* I'd like to read a full translation at some point. At least the key moment, even though I'd miss out on great parts like
I was resisting moment, invoked the chest kinda feeling after smoothly. I mean, and was anus! rages have been turning in the feeling that I used to.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The team that originally translated Yamada and the Seven is becoming insufferable with their gag translation. The quality of the translation is worse than the speed-scan team that has a significantly lesser grasp on English because they won't stop making every line a gag-translation with the word "fuck" in it.

Angry Grimace

I told people last week it was over and yet some didn't believe me. NaruHina is canon.

All he did was hold her hand (like four chapters after Kurama told him about a special power to transfer chakra through the hands)

All he did was hold her hand (like four chapters after Kurama told him about a special power to transfer chakra through the hands)

What other confirmation do you need? A kiss? Come on, now. You're seriously telling me when you saw that panel the first thing that came to your mind was transfering of chakra?

Come on, son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom