• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Molester man 14

The cringe was powerful with this one.

Might win the MangaGAF 2012 Award for Most Awkward Chapter of the Year. I can think of a few others though.

Edit: Why was Kansai crying like halfway through the chapter. That seemed totally unprompted and random.

I'm quite perplexed by the random events here - Loli's shower at Molester's house and Kansai's sudden crying fit

Kusagari

Might win the MangaGAF 2012 Award for Most Awkward Chapter of the Year. I can think of a few others though.

Edit: Why was Kansai crying like halfway through the chapter. That seemed totally unprompted and random.

I'm quite perplexed by the random events here - Loli's shower at Molester's house and Kansai's sudden crying fit

I assume she didn't know what to do because Molester was being a dumbass and just remaining silent on what happened with him and Loli.

El Sloth

Banned
I cant speak with any confidence on the issue, but shower taking seems like a specfic Japanese cultural thing, Grimace. Maybe Shouta can say for sure.

Franken Fran v1-8 END

Well, that was uh... pretty weird. Who knew caterpillars could be so moe.
PandaMan
Honestly I don't even know why Loli Boobs likes Molester Man.
Didn't she already explain that it has mostly to do with the non-jerk/immature way he treats her? And then there's the whole appeal of an "older more mature man".
Manga Thread
c
When are we gonna get the 2012 MangaGAF awards?

Obviously imma win Poster of the Year, but we've still got an open field for such crucial fields as MangaGAF Waifu of the Year, Smut of the Year, Pointless Argument of the Year, etc.
Nominating for Waifu of the year:

Natsume from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Hana from Boys on the Run
Aoi from Beelzebub (or amnesiac Hilda if shes's acceptable)

I'm only two chapters in, but I think the girl from Nanatsu no Taizai might have the potential to be a real Waifu of the Year contender.

Itagaki from Ippo

Articalys

Heh, it seems that the next Shonen Sunday anime announcement is another new Hayate no Gotoku anime.
q9rsO.jpg

upandaway

Oh, for the few of you guys reading Cage of Eden, it looks like it's ending in late January.
Yeah.. we were obviously in endgame for a while now. It kind of sucks how no mystery manga is safe from fizzling out once everything important is revealed (hopefully Shingeki will break the trend).

Hard to imagine how they'll wrap it up that fast. Even if we go into explanation mode first thing next chapter, there's just barely time for a full epilogue

Dresden

green blood - 17

I really hope Brad kills that little shit next chapter instead of it getting continually dragged out.

Articalys

Oh, and I hope everyone who was reading Laughter in The End of The World enjoyed it. Because it's ending this week.

Yellow Tanabe will have something new in the spring.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh, for the few of you guys reading Cage of Eden, it looks like it's ending in late January.

I can't see how they would end the manga that soon. There are several things that I would like to know about. Mainly, What's up with Hades? I thought they built him up as manga villain but I guess nothing happened.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I assume she didn't know what to do because Molester was being a dumbass and just remaining silent on what happened with him and Loli.

Sounds like a great reason to burst into tears. The shower and this are both just weird oddities to me.

Angry Grimace

I cant speak with any confidence on the issue, but shower taking seems like a specfic Japanese cultural thing, Grimace. Maybe Shouta can say for sure.

PandaMan

Didn't she already explain that it has mostly to do with the non-jerk/immature way he treats her? And then there's the whole appeal of an "older more mature man".

Nominating for Waifu of the year:

Natsume from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Hana from Boys on the Run
Aoi from Beelzebub (or amnesiac Hilda if shes's acceptable)

I'm only two chapters in, but I think the girl from Nanatsu no Taizai might has the potential to be a real Waifu of the Year contender.

Itagaki from Ippo
I'm gonna have to go with Shiraishi from Yamada and the Seven Witches for Waifu of the Year.

upandaway

How do you pick that? Is it any female that existed this year, or any female based on what they did in this year's chapters, or what? Just any female that you personally liked this year?

The variables will change my answer considerably, between Ato and Aruru

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sounds like a great reason to burst into tears. The shower and this are both just weird oddities to me.
My guess was she had vague feelings for Molester Man but kept them suppressed for... I dunno, reasons. And his drama with Loli brought up all her feels.

I admit I am grasping at straws here.

thetechkid

Oh, and I hope everyone who was reading Laughter in The End of The World enjoyed it. Because it's ending this week.

But it just started and it got the DTL stamp of approval:

A31fZ.png

I hope she has a long running series coming along.

Angry Grimace

Onodera's mom.

I can't wait for the laughs of someone who actually picks Onodera.

My guess was she had vague feelings for Molester Man but kept them suppressed for... I dunno, reasons. And his drama with Loli brought up all her feels.

I admit I am grasping at straws here.

The thing is, Molester Man himself didn't seem to think it was that off beyond worrying about making her cry. I would have been very, very confused. There really wasn't any reason for it. But again, he didn't seem to think having Loli shower at his house was weird either. I wonder if that part is just some kind of gap in information from the 2ch story that comes out as super awkward in the comic?

Angry Grimace

Fairy Tail

Of *course* Erza's battle lingerie falls off as a result of an attack.

Kusagari

The thing is, Molester Man himself didn't seem to think it was that off beyond worrying about making her cry. I would have been very, very confused. There really wasn't any reason for it. But again, he didn't seem to think having Loli shower at his house was weird either. I wonder if that part is just some kind of gap in information from the 2ch story that comes out as super awkward in the comic?

Characters in anime shower at people's homes all the time. I always figured it was just an excuse for fan service or awkward situations though.

Considering this is based off a "real story" Molester acting like it's normal would imply it actually does happen a lot in Japan?

Azure J

Medaka Box

I for one welcome our best couple/troll duo of ZenxShiranui. Also, I'm guessing this is the last time Kumagawa Box is going to happen in the manga.

Kono So Mi S.. Yadda Yadda

Just saw that a bunch of these chapters went up. Holy shit Ootori is a fucked up bastard. Chizuru is just barely trending over my ability to suspend disbelief.

Beelzebub

Straightfaced Merry Crunchmas left combination takes it. Also, don't tell me the Queen is starting to drift from Oga-bro.

Nanatsu no Taizai

Best new pickup in a while.

I guess the five chapters thing was true. It's a real shame, the backstory was very interesting and could have done well with some fleshing out. Oh well, looking forward to her next work.

waifu of the year is Shibata Reo, sorry. No contest.

3MLKf.png

Agreed.

In the interest of gender equality, there should be a husbando of the year as well. I nominate Yotsuba Koiwai (the dad from Yotsuba).

KD88v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom