• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Onepunch-Man
Dat facial expression, Saitama best character of the year.

Fairy Tail
Yeah, future Lucy was like the first thing we came up with.

Yandere Kanojo
Way to go Tanaka, a rest on the lap and a kiss are totally worth taking a few punches for.

Half & Half
I'm surprised about how fast things are going, every romance manga should have a doomsday countdown.

Need to reflect a little more about my manga waifu this year.

Kusagari

You know if the world had ended tonight...

Seeing Kumagawa's entrance animated would have at least meant I had no regrets. It was that epic.

Oh, and I hope everyone who was reading Laughter in The End of The World enjoyed it. Because it's ending this week.

Yellow Tanabe will have something new in the spring.
Well the chapter had mentioned the story was reaching its climax, and I think I remember saying five chapters, oh well it could have been so much better.

Articalys

And here we are, the final (for now) Hunter x Hunter volume cover:
66SNf.jpg

Solune

Some artworks from Biorg Trinity, the new series from Oh Great. You know the one where he's only the artist with someone else writing the story. The colorful palette reminds me of Bakuman but I expect it to be way more crazy than that.
It does indeed look very Bakumany...
Maybe.

For OT6 though:

1386c4134b556e427a9938b46e8c35307209d21f.jpg

Why yes, it's quite hideous.
LMFAO , hate to say it but the most hilarious pictures have been Grimace related.
Someone on /a/ made a comment that an ideal Molester Man voice cast would have Molester voiced by Tomokazu Sugita and Kansai voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro.

Now I'm not going to be able to unhear it in my head.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
WotY

iUDrXR3INoLR2.jpg

Oka from Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. I'm super exited for the anime.

Looks pretty damn moe.

---

Good to have survivor and gunbo back, OT7 starting strong. Too bad I will be quitting once Kansai rejects Molester.

Fairy Tail

Good fight, predictable plot twist, lol at the title

And Laughter at The End of the World is ending? :'( That was like the only new series with any potential

So it seem Cage of Eden suppose to done soon was wondering if it was any good.
Much rather read a series that about to finish so it any good .

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Assassination Classroom

Looks like the assassination training is really paying off. Even if it's just to humiliate two horrid people.

Kurita

Hnnnngh.
Unfortunately my japanese library doesn't have them... I wanted to order them from cdjapan but shipping fees are insane.

upandaway

I imagine it will be a lot better if you marathon it without giving your brain time to start thinking on its own. To me the last arc is a bit underwhelming though, but I really like everything up to that point.

Good to have survivor and gunbo back, OT7 starting strong. Too bad I will be once Kansai rejects Molester.
?
the grammar is sorta weird there isn't it?

Christmas came early this year

ivQlCeGMXATlA.JPG
Ooohhh!!!

OOOOOOHHHHHH...!!!

new computer.. 3DS... $90/m.. MH3G.... OPM... aaaaaaahhhhhhhhugh!

Tower of God 38-46

Dammit now I want a mini Rak avatar. It slowed down for a little while to focus on some side characters and it paid off. The hide and seek test was easily the best test so far. A lot more focus on side characters and their motivations and more focus on Koon and his genius. Really like the art style, but I'm not so sure I like it for fights. It can be a little hard to follow especially when shinsoo(?) or ignite weapons come into play.

I find it interesting that it's ending soon. There seems to be still a lot of stuff in play for it to wrap up. Was it cancelled?

I'd definitely say it's worth a read. It can get repetitive and kind of boring at times, but overall it's decent. It would probably be better marathoning it, but at the same time it may seem more repetitive that way as well.

Akito

Hnnnngh.
Unfortunately my japanese library doesn't have them... I wanted to order them from cdjapan but shipping fees are insane.
Well, CDJapan still has comparatively like the cheapest shipping fees out of all the Japanese online shops that I know of :|

Murata seriously put tons of work into the tankoubons, so many new artworks, especially those under the dust covers are awesome.

ilKSugfKb7FTG.JPG
iMdp4QFJYef4B.JPG

There're some neat easter eggs as well

ilQ6cUv6cu70q.JPG

Some of the panels were rearranged and swapped, I wouldn't care much for that if not for this swap

igk7KF2S8Z7a6.JPG

Yes, it's the entire scene in the first gif. I never asked for this :|

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
^ Dat Chun-Li

It's a shame Billy Bat isn't more popular. Then again it isn't the typical manga stuff so that's understandable.

Murata is so far beyond the rest of the comics industry it's unbelievable. He's the most intelligent layout designer out of the 25,000+ volumes of manga I've ever seen. Guy is a monster, I'm always impressed by his design sense.

He's really showing all the lazy artists out there what happens when you start thinking for yourself.

scy

Hm ... Waifu of the Year nominations reminds me of things I need to catch up on (or start, for some).

Also, Cage of Eden is ending? wat. Guess I can catch up now. I suppose.

scy

Kenichi 503 - Miu getting beaten around for a bit. I give it two more chapters before she figures something out.

Kreed

Onepunch Man 19:

I hope people haven't been harassing the sole translator of this series. The excerpt at the end of the chapter seemed to indicate as much.

Otherwise consistent as always. Looking forward to the rematch.

Molester Man 14:

You're exaggerating Molester's undesirability and besides, we don't know that much about Kansai's personality. I'm not sure what you mean anyways - are you saying he hasn't grown from a narrative perspective? Because he obviously has.

I wasn't talking about Molester Man himself, I meant how Kansai views him as a friend vs a romantic interest. As a friend the manga has shown Kansai's interest but in terms of dating Kansai has displayed no interest in the idea (especially with her concern for Loli).

Again, I think the reports of Molester Man's undesirability are highly exaggerated. There isn't anything to suggest he's anything other than an awkward late teen with no experience with girls.

The best I can gather is that Kreed's point is that its not interesting from a narrative perspective for Kansai to just return his affection. To some extent I agree, but I'm talking about in the end sense as opposed to Chapter 15 Kansai and Molester start dating and the plot is resolved. The problem here is that Kansai and Molester literally is the entire plot. There isn't any other thread to pick up here unless Miss Understanding comes back into the picture or Molester somehow recovers from rejecting Loli flat out.

The issue is not just satisfaction but "believability" from the context of this being a comic. If Kansai returned Molester's affection now it would fit in with every other "fictional" shounen romance manga out there, which is why it isn't believable, because that is what always happens in those stories. A manga trying to feed off of "uniqueness and truth" can't go the route of everything else out there.

I don't know how this will end up by chapter 20, but at the moment anything would be better than Kansai having a "change of heart" .

Kurita

Onepunch Man 19:

I hope people haven't been harassing the sole translator of this series. The excerpt at the end of the chapter seemed to indicate as much.

Actually, it was not TranslatorFag who translated this chapter, it's an anonymous.

upandaway

Assassination Classroom

Victoria Falls :lol oh man. That was pretty good.

I wonder if we'll see them try these kinds of full course plans on Korosensei in the future, they sorta stopped showing them after the first few.

TWGOK

That guy... that guy.... did not have a head.

I'm pretty sure that guy was missing his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom