• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Is it just me or is the pacing of Sankarea really shitty? It's been five volumes and it feels like we should be at volume 2, maybe 3, tops.

So hype level for the anime should increase?

Assuming that the rest of the chapters keep up this quality, and that the adaptation doesn't somehow screw it up, yes. Although I don't see any signs that the anime will screw it up: the director's style and the music, voice acting, and art style of the PV look to perfectly realize the manga's tender, understated yet frank tone. As a plus, we'll be getting beautiful watercolor backgrounds instead of the, um, lack of effort on the mangaka's part.

Dresden

Zekes! said:
ey man, I totes like Zombie Moe, it just feels like it's moving at a snails pace. Maybe it's just me.

the problem with Sanka-rea was that it actually had a pretty good beginning arc with a nice resolution and then it decided to just haremify everything while going nowhere in place so shit suxxed, so yeah, pacing problems for deffos.

Read a few chapters of Wandering Emanon, I really love Tsuruta's art:

T9kFH.jpg

Reminds me of Kei Toume's work, actually, just the linework in his characters. Anyone else get that feeling?

Natsuyuki Rendezvous Ch. 1-3

Damn, this is good.

Although cosmic is right: josei artists can't draw backgrounds.

It's funny because it seems like the josei series that actually do have decent backgrounds are generally the ones with more of an action shounen/seinen slant. Rex Fabula, Antimagia, Servamp; most things serialized in Comic Gene really.

Fuyumi Souryo says no.

Exception!

Or not, I don't know. You've read more josei than I have.

upandaway

I was just getting some tea to get ready and catch up on the fucking thousands (around 10) of chapters I still haven't read, and 3 more came out. God damn man. Give me a chance to understand what's going on.

I was just getting some tea to get ready and catch up on the fucking thousands (around 10) of chapters I still haven't read, and 3 more came out. God damn man. Give me a chance to understand what's going on.

When I come back from E3, I'll probably have at least 60 chapters to catch up on. How do you think I feel!?

Zekes!

I forgot about E3. All I give a shit about is Nintendo's conference and what Sony is going to be doing with the Vita

maybe I'll pick up a new series for next week

upandaway

Buyuden

Are you kidding me? Isamu's still after Moka's ass?

I figured the guy at least had a girlfriend or something by now with all the swag he's got.

When I come back from E3, I'll probably have at least 60 chapters to catch up on. How do you think I feel!?
I don't even wanna think about E3. Forget manga, I won't even have time to catch up on the trailers. And I just got Diablo 3 too, christ.

Solune

I see, will read it in the morning
It's NSFW!
sankarea zzz

like the anime, it ran outta steam

only quality dead-maiden manga is Tasogare Otome. Fucking Silver Link.
You've changed my Sankabro =(
The anime only covers like 2 volumes of 20 and doesn't really get to the
incredibly awful parts.
Huh, do I want to be wonzo and find out how incredible it is...
It's by the Umisho/Inu Neko Jump mangaka so of course it is.

TBF I think Inu Neko Jump was just the right length at about half of Umisho. though Umisho just .. bleh

AAK

Ippo is one shonen manga that REALLY nails the character drama. Such a good series!

"The idea is too dumb to say outloud"

Takamura moving a weightclass down?

Zekes!

Yo dudes I'm having a total brain dead moment. I'm trying to remember a manga I read a while ago, it was a collection of shorts focusing on teenage couples that were paired off by some government match making process. It was pretty light hearted, from what I recall

Sai

Ippo is one shonen manga that REALLY nails the character drama. Such a good series!

"The idea is too dumb to say outloud"

Takamura moving a weightclass down?
That really would be dumb.
He was dying trying to keep his weight down at Junior Middleweight. He should get Kimura to take vengeance for all of 'em.

upandaway

Cage of Eden

That v17 cover...

Kiwaguro no Brunhildr

They were orgasming over space the entire chapter. Amusing on its own, but stop being so silly.

Sensei no Bulge 3

Where's Wiseblade, I need a good ADVENTURE!! right here

An adaption anime getting cancelled/ending almost always hurts a manga series' sales.

I have no idea how you came up with that but that is not true.
A anime is done to help raise manga sales , light novels etc etc after the anime is done fans\ new people keep on buying the manga etc etc .
Bleach was losing sales for the last 3 to 4 years , way before the anime was cancel which was also having poor ratings compare to before and was to close to the manga .

upandaway

Sensei No Bulge 1

Not bad, but I'm not really feeling the ADVENTURE! just yet.
Yeah only starts in 3, give it a moment

Nisekoi

Well you know there's this and those... I guess that can.. pretty standard chapter... mumble mumble...
(they get to the place)
Wait wait wait wait a damn second, a scenery? End of day view thing place town?! Somethingsgonnaohmanohmanoh-
(he does that)
oh
(she does that)
.....oh.

well

um

Koibana Onsen 35

- You might have a broken rib.
- WHAT ? NO ! Does that mean I'm going to the hospital ?
- I'm not going to send you to the hospirtal for something as small as this.

What, what ? This is "small" ? After a motorcycle accident ?

- Shouldn't you take a CT scan ?
- No, there's no damage to her head, and she's fully conscious

What about her freaking ribs ?
raging.gif

And after having done a CT scan..

- Ah...her brain is a little swollen. It's right there in the CT Scan. Well done, Kakizaki-kun...so you'll have to be admitted, Nonohara-san !

angrysmiley18.gif

Wiseblade

Sensei no Bulge 3

OK, so maybe there's a little ADVENTURE!, but I can't really get excited over just a "journey". It needs a stronger premise to really hook me, like One Piece's Grand Line or Magi's Dungeons.

upandaway

Sensei no Bulge 3

OK, so maybe there's a little ADVENTURE!, but I can't really get excited over just a "journey". It needs a stronger premise to really hook me, like One Piece's Grand Line or Magi's Dungeons.
:lol GL and dungeons would be a bit pushing it from this series (ch3 at that)

Though, they were talking about planets, so maybe it can go there with some work

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sakurapet is pretty trashy.

Boku wa Mari no Naka on the other hand is super classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom