• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Silver Spoon

Horse riding is very boring

TWGOK

Promising start

Sensei no Bulge 3

What a boring shtick. Say family and I will rage like an idiot.

Lain

I think someone here used to read Immortal Regis so I'm taking the chance to ask if it's a good series or if it's better to pass on it.

Dresden

I think someone here used to read Immortal Regis so I'm taking the chance to ask if it's a good series or if it's better to pass on it.

it's pretty good--fast moving battle shonen that ends in six volumes--with the exception of the brother/modern day stuff (but that doesn't get in the way much until the end.)

the sequel started out pretty good, too, but went into the shitter later. But Regis is fun.

Bleach

I loved this chapter. We know how powerful the quincies are from Uryuu being able to destroy Mayuri with his beginner incomplete powers, and sources, like Souken Ishida saying that there were casualties on both sides, and Shunsui's talk with Shinji in TBTP arc about that the captain seats have been vacant for a long time. Come quincies destroy those shinigami. Cute Quincy girl vs. Shunsui. He will be distracted by her beauty and then die.

Naruto

Tsundere Sasuke will be reformed by Naruto. Madara's haxness has gotten really ridiculous.

Noblesse

The elders are on the move. The author takes a well deserved month of. Doing 35 colored pages a week must be really exhausting.

one piece

500 words in this chapter. And only 10 words that were useful.

KHR

Great chapter. A lot of revelations. Finally the 8th flame became known.

Toriko

That was one helluva punch. I am pissed that Chin was finished off so easily.

Kuroko no basket

WTH! I read this manga to the latest chapter 2 weeks ago which was chapter 135, and now the manga is up to chapter 159? Damn I have some catching up to do. And I was planning to read Shin Angyo Onshi.

Beelzebub

These recent chapters jokes are not working on me at all. Toujou is the only character I am finding him funny.

Bleach

I loved this chapter. We know how powerful the quincies are from Uryuu being able to destroy Mayuri with his beginner incomplete powers, and sources, like Souken Ishida saying that there were casualties on both sides, and Shunsui's talk with Shinji in TBTP arc about that the captain seats have been vacant for a long time. Come quincies destroy those shinigami. Cute Quincy girl vs. Shunsui. He will be distracted by her beauty and then die.
Would be pretty stunning if we saw Shunsui's Bankai--arguably the second or third most powerful in Soul Society--fall against that Quincy girl's Vollstandig.

I see Shunsui and Unohana defeating their Quincy foes, though. They're simply too strong. I predict Yamamoto falling to the Quincy Emperor; and I'd like to see three or so captains be killed just to make the "OH SHIT" factor at an all-time high.

Kubo could stand to borrow the Tomino Kill 'em All plot effect. ;)

Would be pretty stunning if we saw Shunsui's Bankai--arguably the second or third most powerful in Soul Society--fall against that Quincy girl's Vollstandig.

I see Shunsui and Unohana defeating their Quincy foes, though. They're simply too strong. I predict Yamamoto falling to the Quincy Emperor; and I'd like to see three or so captains be killed just to make the "OH SHIT" factor at an all-time high.

Kubo could stand to borrow the Tomino Kill 'em All plot effect. ;)
Actually, I want Kubo to kill the old guard and their old ideas. Yamamoto, Shunsui, Unohana, and Ukitake should die. Unfortunately, I see Kubo killing Komamura first because he is not popular. Yamamoto will die, and the casualties will be massive. That's the only way for the Royal Guard to interfere. Hitsugaya will take the captain commander helm after 200 years or something. After all he has the strongest ice zampakto, and has been Preped up for it being a genius and all.

upandaway

Kagari should just let us discuss E3 here. It's so awful on the gaming side.
We've got such a good vibe going, that will just ruin it. We'll have internal strife, fight each other and a week from now all of us will be dead through internet assassination techniques (I would post an example but it might get one of the unsuspecting lurkers)

Actually, I want Kubo to kill the old guard and their old ideas. Yamamoto, Shunsui, Unohana, and Ukitake should die. Unfortunately, I see Kubo killing Komamura first because he is not popular. Yamamoto will die, and the casualties will be massive. That's the only way for the Royal Guard to interfere. Hitsugaya will take the captain commander helm after 200 years or something. After all he has the strongest ice zampakto, and has been Preped up for it being a genius and all.

That would be epic. With open positions, Hisagi Shuhei will be guaranteed a captain role, finally.

Hajime no Ippo

I'm probably the only one still reading this but this chapter was quite intense. Seeing Takamura worked up so much over Aoki has me really hyped for his "revenge". Could this actually be Takamura going back several weightclasses? Or Kimura going up a weight-class?

Fuck you Morikawa :(

upandaway

Hajime no Ippo

I'm probably the only one still reading this but this chapter was quite intense. Seeing Takamura worked up so much over Aoki has me really hyped for his "revenge". Could this actually be Takamura going back several weightclasses? Or Kimura going up a weight-class?

At first it seemed sort of counter-intuitive for Takamura to rely on anyone else for this, but then I started thinking that he may have been referring to revenge not initiated by him (that he merely predicts will occur -> Kimura).

So I dunno. Either way, if real damage happens to Aoki because of this, something will go down.

Averon

I can't see how it could be anyone but Kimura. It's the perfect excuse to keep him from retiring. And Takamura saying the person getting revenge for Aoki being too absurd to name fits with Kimura with the way he thinks about Kimura's boxing talent and skill.

At first it seemed sort of counter-intuitive for Takamura to rely on anyone else for this, but then I started thinking that he may have been referring to revenge not initiated by him (that he merely predicts will occur -> Kimura).

So I dunno. Either way, if real damage happens to Aoki because of this, something will go down.

Yeah, it's gotta be Kimura. Maybe I'm reading way too much into it but Takamura saying "The idea's too dumb to say out loud..." sounds like he expects Kimura to find something worth fighting for and keep him from retiring. The way Morikawa set this up I also expect Aoki to suffer from something major.

Beelzebub

NpU1L.png

I hope he goes out like a boss. His battle against Aizen was so meh.
He ripped Wonder Wiess appart with his fists. Wonder Wiess had a steel skin and was strong enough to contain Yamamoto's zampakto. Aiken had a 100 years to plan to defeat Yamamoto. Aizen just outsmarted Yanamoto. I was NOT disappointed in Yamamoto. After all Aizen had to resort to unconventional strategy to win, since he outright said that Yamamoto's zamoakto is the destructive ever. Aizen feared Yamamoto.

Mr. Fix

He ripped Wonder Wiess appart with his fists. Wonder Wiess had a steel skin and was strong enough to contain Yamamoto's zampakto. Aiken had a 100 years to plan to defeat Yamamoto. Aizen just outsmarted Yanamoto. I was disappointed in Yamamoto. After all Aizen had to resort to unconventional strategy to win, since he outright said that Yamamoto's zamoakto is the destructive ever. Aizen feared Yamamoto.

Oh yeah. Well there's nothing holding him back now! At least I hope not.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Man, I'm missing Prison School. Translations were on a roll and then they kind of fell off. Such a good manga too.

I think I must have really missed what was supposed to be good about Prison School, since I thought it was absolutely awful.

survivor

Banned
Since you guys love these

One Piece's Oda, Naruto's Kishimoto Redraw Kingdom Manga

One Piece creator Eiichiro Oda and Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto are both participating in the "Social Kingdom" campaign in Japan to celebrate the upcoming television anime adaptation of Yasuhisa Hara's historical manga Kingdom. Manga creators, celebrities, and voice actors from the anime adaptation are contributing to the project to redraw the 26th volume of the Kingdom manga.

Oda
SC3oX.jpg

Kishimoto
1jerG.jpg

Inoue
1KjKb.jpg

Dresden

Kishimoto will go back to his old days when Naruto ends and he can give a shit again
as he draws a kid-friendly retake on Akira

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In the blurb he actually said he had plans to serialize Mario after Naruto so it's not really made up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No. It was a drawing based on an idea he had for a manga based on Mafia. It was in one of the early Naruto volumes. He said it was his dream project or something. Its pretty well known.

The early Naruto volumes were like 11 years ago.

In the blurb he actually said he had plans to serialize Mario after Naruto so it's not really made up.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Articalys

TWGOK 190

A bit of a breather as Wakaki prepares for "The Heart of Jupiter", whatever that is.

Also, "Maybe Katsuragi is like that..."
lolololol

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Hajime no Ippo

I'm pretty sure it's Kimura. I can't imagine what else would be too stupid to speak aloud.

Maybe have Ippo put on a ton of weight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom