• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hey, I remember people here once talked about Aunt Tits or something? What manga is that? I'm sort of curious.

Holy shit top of the page and I am asking people about "Aunt Tits" hahahahaha.

Hey, I remember people here once talked about Aunt Tits or something? What manga is that? I'm sort of curious.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari. Also known as Cousin Rape, but really, it depends on the current arc. Aunt Tits is the only constant in this manga.

Wiseblade

Not ch1? Huh. Oh well, my memory being my memory.

Man, I want more Magi. Ever since the group slowed down a little it left this hole in my heart.

The first three chapters were just "boy with headless flute genie gets into trouble", but chapter 4 is where Alibaba tells the story of the first dungeon and kicks off the story proper.

Aunt Tits is mangagaf's current flagship title!

Over my dead body.

gunbo13

smutgaf elitism. it's only friday
Mangaf has changed.

It's not about power-ups, or foreshadowing.
It's not even about page count, fan-service, or black muscles.

It's an endless series of proxy battles,
fought by smut lovers and shounen-bros.

Manga, and its vast consumption of human life,
has become a rational, self-hateful business transaction.

Mangaf has changed.

Manga readers carry guilt,
use MU and MAL.

Rage inside their bodies
enhance and regulate their actions.

Jump rankings control.. Sales list control..
Watermark control.. NSFW control.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control.

Mangaf has changed.

The age of deterrence is now the age of control,
averting catastrophe from generic boring manga.

And he who controls the manga, controls history.

Mangaf has changed.

When mangaf is under total control,

Smutgaf reigns supreme.

gunbo13

No it was a "Solid Snake Salute" but I guess the smiley isn't really that self-explanatory.
It looks like the head of a lego dude. Or a servbot.
imagesz18no.jpg

What an oddly apt image I found...weird...

Barrage 3 (sensei no bulge)

Funny faces. Tiamat as well. I enjoy such resolve and dedication from mains, so this manga is straight up my alley. I was concerned for the longevity of the series, but a journey is sure to keep it going for many, many chapters. I just hope we don't have a time skip or something and he is trained en route on the journey. The only thing missing is a rival for Astro, same age hopefully, since Timat is kind of oldish.

survivor

Banned
Tama from 3rd Street 1-3 End

I guess the lesson of this manga is if I pick up a random cute hobo then I will end up sleeping with her and dating her. I guess I will go to downtown today and try it.

boku wa mari no naka:
I like the art of this

It's okay man, have no shame

Yes, it is. Big 3 am cry

Over my dead body.
youarealreadydead.jpg

Mangaf has changed.
MGS4 sucks

survivor

Banned
I liked the gameplay. It was wide-open and allowed me to play the game many different ways. Very solid except for some boss fights and Europe. Most people whine about the narrative, which I give two shits about.

See I first played MGS4 when I got my PS3 and enjoyed the gameplay and understood jackshit about the story since it was my first MGS game. Then when the MGS HD collection came out, I was blown away by MGS2 and MGS3. The gameplay, the stealth, the great boss fights and narrative that I can follow. So when I came back to MGS4, I was just disappointed by it, complete downgrade compared to the previous games. Well one thing I will give it is that it's better than the piece of shit Peace Walker.

gunbo13

See I first played MGS4 when I got my PS3 and enjoyed the gameplay and understood jackshit about the story since it was my first MGS game. Then when the MGS HD collection came out, I was blown away by MGS2 and MGS3. The gameplay, the stealth, the great boss fights and narrative that I can follow. So when I came back to MGS4, I was just disappointed by it, complete downgrade compared to the previous games. Well one thing I will give it is that it's better than the piece of shit Peace Walker.
Gameplay is better in MGS4 then the others. More options, larger scale, sharper mechanics, etc.. MGS2/MGS3 have better almost everything else. I'm a gameplay whore so MGS4 it is but I still enjoy the others.

Kuroko no Basket 161

Ok folks let's be serious they are playing against Shaq. I can't believe Kuroko's awkward shot is so accurate but hey results. I like the chemistry in the action when Teppei is on the court. Himuro's threat seems to be overshadowed by Shaq

Kuroko's Basketball anime is fun IMO then again i like sports anime and this one seem to have some budget compare to allot of them i have seen .
I will most likely start reading the Manga when the anime is done .
It also good that anime seem to help the manga sales by a fair amount .

survivor

Banned
Kuroko's Basketball anime is fun IMO then again i like sports anime and this one seem to have some budget compare to allot of them i have seen .

It's a shame that Kuroko is a terrible character, at least so far in the anime

He grows over time but you soon realize it's not so much about him but those he's involved with. He's very dead pan but thankfully everyone else isn't especially Taiga.

Speaking of which that kid loves he's Mcdonalds burgers.

Truth is i watch\will read it for everyone but him , his passes are great and all but up to ep 8 he really is bland character .
I wonder if he gets any better later on in the manga .

He grows over time but you soon realize it's not so much about him but those he's involved with. He's very dead pan but thankfully everyone else isn't especially Taiga.
Speaking of which that kid loves he's Mcdonalds burgers.

I figure as much he sort of character the other cast member going to play off.
Which is okay in my book .

Just messing with you. :)

Looks the stoic type, but I guess he has a bit more character in the actual series?

Please Survivor, Taiga is not moeshit, you wound me sorely. :(

Kaiga is actually very fiery like his hair color. A little loud and rude and respectable which I find hilarious.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kaiga is actually very fiery like his hair color. A little loud and rude and respectable which I find hilarious.

So would you say it's worth reading/watching on the strength of the characters themselves?

Quite honestly, I've been ignoring it because DTL likes it I don't really read or watch many sports manga/anime, Ginga e Kickoff is the current exception.

survivor

Banned
So would you say it's worth reading/watching on the strength of the characters themselves?

Quite honestly, I've been ignoring it because DTL likes it I don't really read or watch many sports manga/anime, Ginga e Kickoff is the current exception.

If you want a sports manga that is carried by the strength of the characters then you should read Real which is far more superior.

If Taiga was a bit less tall, but Kise. Kuroko is the type of character thats not good alone but good with the others, like all my favorite moments with him were with Kise or Taiga
best fanarts

And when Kise used that magical boost
tumblr_m2xqqrF54m1r8z853o1_500.gif

upandaway

Same here man. The anime's pretty fun stuff.

I just die from low testosterone levels when sports have really awesome combo moves, so his passing is the perfectiest thing (and it's not easy to pull off either, just look at Area no Kishi's mess). I just hope I won't get used to it.

I just die from low testosterone levels when sports have really awesome combo moves, so his passing is the perfectiest thing (and it's not easy to pull off either, just look at Area no Kishi's mess). I just hope I won't get used to it.

You dont like Kakeru's mythical feint nor the Phi trick?

Glad I'm not the only one disappointed with that, smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom