• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawfuls

Since you guys love these

One Piece's Oda, Naruto's Kishimoto Redraw Kingdom Manga

Oda
SC3oX.jpg

Kishimoto
1jerG.jpg

Inoue
1KjKb.jpg

Wow I didn't realize kingdom was big enough to get this kind of treatment.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Tatsuya's that dude.

Light novel stuff:
Read summaries of the stuff to come, and Tatsuya really is ridiculously broken though. That whole underdog act is obliterated in the later volumes.

Really interested in seeing how their involvement with the Yotsuba family plays out... And I'm thankful it didn't go into the ridiculous harem/romcom territory—though the guy's popular, it isn't really entertained much.

I knew from the start he was a powerful character it's just

1. he finally did something
2. He shut the vice pres up

Zekes!

Usotsuki Paradox

Why's dude always ripping off Seiyuu's clothes and molesting her? How does he expect to win her over, like c'mon son

also how the fuck does this last for 8 volumes

Slayven

I remember when this thread was about something. Random hentai doujins? I wonder if this is what it was like to watch Rome fall?

Zekes!

Naze Box

That was ridonkulous but whateves on to the next one

The sword chick being surprised about the real reason behind the Jet Black Wedding Feast was kind of funny

Oh yeah, I caught up with Hetakoi. It becomes pretty stupid, but I never found it rage inducing. Just ridiculously stupid. Also Kotone is the worst character at this point, even though they're all pretty terrible. I hope she gives up on Yuu and moves the fuck on

survivor

Banned
Emma vol 1

This is cool. A manga about 19th century England. It's gonna be a classy manga about British gentleman acting all high and smug and...

I see

Hakim and his harem are certainly interesting, I hope the guy never leaves.

Binbougami ga

I hope Nadeshiko can bring good things to the table. Right now, she's still kind of getting on my nerves, but I did chuckle when she was goofing off with Ranmaru and Binboda when they turned into whoever they were referencing. Potential for a good character dynamic there.

Emma vol 1

This is cool. A manga about 19th century England. It's gonna be a classy manga about British gentleman acting all high and smug and...
I see

Hakim and his harem are certainly interesting, I hope the guy never leaves.

I watch anime version before i read the manga so i like that one more but both of them are good series.
The manga has some really nice looking art IMO.

Zekes!

Koibana Onsen 1-6

This ain't too bad so far.

I also got my copy of Swallowing the Earth today, as well as my copy of Art of Osamu Tezuka a couple days ago. Osamu Tezuka is still GOAT

Soma

Medaka Box

Wat.

Also, poor Naze.
Now she'll have to repay her bro for both the helicopter AND the jet.

upandaway

Fairy Tail

It was amusing to see them being all "oh man secret matchup town carnival, I can't believe it's this..!!!" and then the title of next chapter gives it away.

Fairy Tail

Ah the old exploding scouter trick, surely the most effective way in shonen manga
to show how ubercoolunstoppable a character is.

Can someone remind me of the last time Cana did something useful?

Someone please remind me, that Alexei dude, is he anyone we've seen before
or anyone particularly important?

Fairy Tail

Poor Hibiki, he couldnt even break 100, but he still wins in my book. Fairy Glitter was impressive. I enjoyed how everyone was doubly excited for Fairy Tail A and B in both parts.

With all that out the way, time for the drama and suspense to kick in. Wonder how tragic it will become.

Brickhunt

Fairy Tail

I liked, Fairy Tail is regaining respect from both Fiore and the other guilds with these over the top stunts. I love how Marvis lent her Fairy Glitter technique to Cana just for the sake of winning the festival, and it appears she is mastering it well in contrast to the last time she gained it.

Looks like next chapter is Laxus vs Armored Knight from Raven Tail. I think this Alexei is looking forward to take back the dragon slayer lacrima Ivan implanted on Laxus. Also, looks like RT doesn't give a shit about winning the festival or humiliate the other guild besides FT, they have their own plans.

PK Gaming

Fairy Tail

I've basically accepted the fact this is a soft-core hentai manga. Chapter was boring, but good to see Erza still standing. A little annoyed that people called her the strongest female mage in fairy tail (instead of the strongest mage period) considering the hype she got. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Fairy Tail

I've basically accepted the fact this is a soft-core hentai manga. Chapter was boring, but good to see Erza still standing. A little annoyed that people called her the strongest female mage in fairy tail (instead of the strongest mage period) considering the hype she got. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

No way is she stronger than Gildartz, Natsu, or Jellal.

faridmon

I have been reading Volume 10 and 11 of the 20th Century Boys last time to a point that I slept 4 O'clock in the morning. Apart from few annoying issues, I really love it. However, there is one point that is doing my head really badly.

In the previous volumes, it was explained that Fukube helped the gang out during the virus breakout in 2000 because he knew about the Book of the Prophecy. This was not because he was acquainted with the group, but because he sneaked in Kenji and co’s secret hideout while they weren't there. The other person who came later to join him was Sadiyoki and the series made him to be the friend all this time. However, in the Volumes I am reading now, they just introduced this twist that Sadiyoki was not the friend himself but a person that was used by him all along. So the confusing part is this: The scenes that the Manga which showed the two kids who sneaked in to read the book of prophecy were Fukube and Sadiyoki. But in the later chapters, they showed the exactly scene of Sadiyoki reading the book, but this time the Manga is implying that the other one is the Friend. Doesn't this mean Fukube is the Friend? Also Fukube died during that Bloody New Year eve. So...

Koibana Onsen vol 3 - END

sex sex masturbation sex sex awkward sex oh god so embarassing sex sex jailbait sex you're wet sex sex tribadism sex oh god so embarassing sex lick lick suck suck sex premature ejaculation sex sex sex.

I think I've well summarized this series. My verdict :
  • Drawings : well, the art is decent. The characters are different enough, and even some of the girls are a little too well endowed, it's not agressively huge/caricatural. Sometimes when lips are drawn it's a little weird, but that's it.
  • Story : A single dude goes to a hot springs inn and thus sex. And...that's pretty much it. And even the ending let me down (I'm a huge sucker for overly happy endings with a wedding scene, how can you even screw up this ?!)
  • Lenght / Flow : It clearly overstays its welcome. You can sense the author tried to add variety by shifting the focus to several characters, but alas the situations themselves are repetitive.
  • SMUT : At first it was very promising, after all, a single man goes to an inn managed by three sisters, that inn where couples come and basically screw each other shamelessly in unlikely places and improbable times. Unfortunately, the lack of variety / situations makes it boring real quick.
tl;dr : If you're bored, read a volume or two, not more. You'll basically have read everything.
And even if it's not really the same kind of manga, Hetakoi > Koibana Onsen

Fairy Fail
It's over ninerrrr....Endless Nine ? How do the power levels even make sense ?

I have been readin Volume 10 and 11 of the 20th Century Boys last time to a point that I slept 4 O'clock in the morning. Apart from few annoying issues, I am really loving it. However, there is one point that is doing my head really badly.

In the previous volumes, It was explained tat Fukube knew about the Book of the Prpphecy because he sneak in the secret hideout while the others weren't there. The other person who came later to join him was Sadiyoki. However, in the Volume I am reading now, they just made Sadiyoki now a being the Frind himself but the friend is the one who was sneaking into that hideout and ended up showing Sadiyuki. Doesn't this mean Fukube is Friend because that scens is the exactly the same scene that I am talking about? Fukube died during that Bloody new year eves. So WTF?

Is English your native language? Because that was really confusing to read.

I gave up the first time Natsu got a powerup from eating something that wasn't fire.

Lol, I still don't "get" that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom