• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Minamoto

Well, uh? What do you think he'll think about when you're such a stupid tease? Look how you're dressed, woman, then tell others they're sex freaks!
Typical victim blaming.

For shame upandaway, I never knew you were such a misogynist.

neoanarch

Going back tot he sales discussion taht was had .

Nisekoi is filling a giant void int he Jump lineup that hasn't been filled since the last Mizuki manga failed. I can sort of understand its success.

Shigeki no Kyojin I can't understand. Its just came out of nowhere to sell nearly 4 million last year.

upandaway

Life is Money

Yeah, there's no way this will end well. What a slippery slope he got himself in.

I'm assuming she already knows he was planning to kill him, so at least he's fine there, but I dunno how the rest will take it.

Dynedom

Fairy Tail

Sting vs Natsu to be over in one chapter confirmed?

edit: Actually scratch that. There will be big build up, the match will happen, something something Lucy in trouble kidnapped from hospital again, something something Natsu gets distracted and loses/forfeits by running to save her, Sting not satisfied, chases, etc

=(

Aunt Tits

All dat teasing, unleash your inner demon Minamoto.

Magi

Thats some wicked snake poison there, poor Zuko.

Blood Lad

Staz is a idiot lol. And so Vlad is the one who created Akimu?

wonzo

Banned
Magi 112

magi112.png

moe~

Oh man, that ending... It makes the wait even more unbearable :(

They're going to, but then her father called or some other shit happened and Minamoto will be left alone at the hotel. This is aunt tits, after all.
unlimited blueball works

Wiseblade

GE

I'm guessing the "treat the better girl like crap and then dump her" arc starts now then.

Fairy Tail

Are Sabre Tooth trying to get disqualified? Actively trying to kill a contestant in front of everyone is super dumb. Not that the contest really matters, since the mystery scheme will come to fruition tomorrow and the tournament will be cancelled.

neoanarch

Kodansha Manga Award.

Even for a winner of the prize the bump was much bigger than usual.

Blood Lad

I can't tell where this story is going. Beru and Staz's families have really shaken the story development up. This war with the king would be the main plot for most manga. but here it could be resolved next chapter for all we know.

flawfuls

I'm not surprised Shigeki no Kyojin got so huge. It's rather unique and just seems like the kind of thing that would spread easily via word of mouth.

gunbo13

I find most josie reads to be shallow in story. Or at least the manga as a whole to be shallow, where a romance can be more like a pure slice if life. Or the main story to be something really simple. It's just the word that came to mind. Princess Jellyfish stands apart though. So good.
I was just going for that I'm a hopeless romantic at heart but, sure, that works too.
That's part of it too. We all get the feel.
Nope, FT is terrible. I often say negative stuff about battle shounen but still respect it. OP is not my style at all but it does what it should. FT is just fucking bad.
Not that I have personally read it, but I would be willing to wager there won't be any sex.
I do agree with some of your analysis on how sex is used in these works. But Aunt Tits gets a pass. Your gripe is like the entire story. You should read it.

duckroll

I'm not surprised Shigeki no Kyojin got so huge. It's rather unique and just seems like the kind of thing that would spread easily via word of mouth.

That really does seem to be the key for new manga to become big successes without relying on other tie-ups to promote it heavily - it has to be unique. Harder said than done, especially considering how diverse manga is, so even if you have a good idea someone might already be doing something similar.

Kurita

Toriko vol 6
What the fuck am I reading ?
1342183703-iPhone-image-07-13-2012..jpg

Also, damn, this volume was just full of manliness. Sunny, Toriko, Coco and even Komatsu were amazing.
Rin :'(

Toriko vol 6
What the fuck am I reading ?
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2012/28/1342183703-iPhone-image-07-13-2012..jpg[/ig]

Also, damn, this volume was just full of manliness. Sunny, Toriko, Coco and even Komatsu were amazing.
Rin :'([/QUOTE]

Some of these moments in toriko :/

reminds me of when
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsclz59EOf1qifdalo1_500.png

scy

Magi 112 - dat Princess, Sinbad giving off that "true final boss" vibe and wat to that ending
that will somehow be magic'd away to keep the Prince useful

Silver Spoon - Chapter 32-44

Oh dear, we're going into a drama arc! I hope this doesn't end badly for Hachiken. He's so fragile, it hurts to see him do some of that shit to himself. On the other hand, it seems that with the Autumn arc, characters are starting to move forward. We finally see the baseball stuff previously hinted at, and preparing for cultural festivals is always fun. The bad news? I'm now out of Silver Spoon to read. Boo!

It's interesting to kind of see the development of the other characters even if they're just sort of there at times. Unfortunately, this kind of story (the whole drama plot) will be a pain to deal with while we wait for releases.

Tears will be shed. Tears.

Still banking on the finish being Hachiken going to Mikage's farm so she can achieve her dreams. Gotta keep that heartwarming ending omg

He's a good guy for sure, dunno why he's doing the face. Some calculated nice-guy won't kill anyone.

I'm getting the feeling he'll be the true final boss of the series to kind of depict Alibaba's rise to being the King. I mean, he kind of has to be "beaten" at some point.

Magi 112

magi112.png

moe~

srsly.

unlimited blueball works

Terrifying Phantasm.

duckroll

It's interesting to kind of see the development of the other characters even if they're just sort of there at times. Unfortunately, this kind of story (the whole drama plot) will be a pain to deal with while we wait for releases.

Tears will be shed. Tears.

Still banking on the finish being Hachiken going to Mikage's farm so she can achieve her dreams. Gotta keep that heartwarming ending omg

I think he might take over the school in future. That seems like a more logical ending to me than him working on a farm. But we'll find out in 5-6 years. :p

upandaway

Magi 112

I'm getting the feeling he'll be the true final boss of the series to kind of depict Alibaba's rise to being the King. I mean, he kind of has to be "beaten" at some point.
I'm gonna go ahead and call against that. There are plenty of ways to make Ali beat Sinbad, like beating someone who beat him or doing some other thing he failed to do. And he's a good guy.

I think Sinbad sort of screwed up with Aladdin though. Aladdin won't play himself into any Sinbad-decorated tight spot.

scy

I think he might take over the school in future. That seems like a more logical ending to me than him working on a farm. But we'll find out in 5-6 years. :p

Perhaps, considering his background and all. I just like that kind of resolution more than this one :x

I'm gonna go ahead and call against that. There are plenty of ways to make Ali beat Sinbad, like beating someone who beat him or doing some other thing he failed to do. And he's a good guy.

I didn't mean that he'll be evil, just the final "endeavor" to overcome. Though, I guess Alibaba can just overtake him as King over the course of the story rather than at the end of everything.

I just figure that, by the end, Alibaba must become King and Sinbad must be beaten for that to occur. For the hype behind Sinbad, I figure that'll be closer to the end of everything rather than before the finale. But, who knows.

I think Sinbad sort of screwed up with Aladdin though. Aladdin won't play himself into any Sinbad-decorated tight spot.

He's not Sindria's Magi, after all. He's with Alibaba! :x

upandaway

I just figure that, by the end, Alibaba must become King and Sinbad must be beaten for that to occur. For the hype behind Sinbad, I figure that'll be closer to the end of everything rather than before the finale. But, who knows.
It could BE the finale. If the final boss beats Sinbad and then Alibaba beats him, as illegally cliche as it is, that's an example of an "Alibaba surpasses Sinbad" end of everything.

But I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

scy

It could BE the finale. If the final boss beats Sinbad and then Alibaba beats him, as illegally cliche as it is, that's an example of an "Alibaba surpasses Sinbad" end of everything.

But I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

Maybe. Like you say, cliche!

Was just saying that we're going to have the inevitable "Alibaba surpasses Sinbad" moment and it kind of felt like this chapter made it rather apparent that's going to happen eventually (Aladdin's reaction, Sinbad's reflection on what he's done so far). I just would hope for something more direct rather than the "I beat someone who beat you, ergo awesome-ness."

Fairy tail

Yes. Yesssssssssssssssssss. I know that Mashima is trying to make us hate Saber Tooth, and then turn them into fodder but i was concerned that Lucy might get a friends BS boost. Glad that was not the case.
And yes. Juvia got rejected. What a shit character she is.

On a different note.

The legend of Korra official art. Some random pics from Bryan's tumblr

tumblr_m72kj3HGVC1qzxbz1o1_1280.jpg

Everyone wants to be like Aizen :D

Diablos54

Well now that I've finally finished Medaka Box (Which was awesome), I guess it's time for either Silver Spoon or Magi. Magi has more chapters so I'm going to read it first I think.

El Sloth

Banned
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: 14

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite comics.

The black bars are the best bit.

The new club member is pretty amazing as well. Not an unlikable character yet. Quite the achievement. Although, the less they show of the nun teacher the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom