• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I don't know...but all I was saying was that fujoshi characters use that terminology all the time in manga/anime.

I don't remember when I learned seme/uke but I imagine it was many, many, many years ago. Just one of those terms, I guess...

This girl

in this anime

made a fujoshi joke with those terms.

Senjougahara fascination.

The fuck? So um... is that black man the villain? Does the main hero triumphantly defeat him with sheer guts and determination? lol.

Villain? Not really.

The black dude himself is actually a really sympathetic character . . . just the whole 'black muscles' thing trips folks up. Tbh it's kind of charming in a really quaint and ass backward racist way. I dunno. Maybe manga has made me a racist.

Honestly, I just kind of glossed over it all and just read it as Panther hype rather than "DEM BLACK MUSCLES"

gunbo13

Maybe manga has made me a racist.
Except for blond hair blue eyed half English girls! They safe!
I don't remember when I learned seme/uke but I imagine it was many, many, many years ago. Just one of those terms, I guess...
Hmm...this is probably not something worth investigating. I think we can concede that it was many moons ago and we probably both aren't proud of seeing it many times since.

Kurita

The fuck? So um... is that black man the villain? Does the main hero triumphantly defeat him with sheer guts and determination? lol.
No he's not a villain at all. He's just the cliche of the afro-american superstar.
And Panther (one of the MC's rival) is a genuinely nice guy who can't play because of his racist coach. (well he'll play eventually)

Thud

No he's not a villain at all. He's just the cliche of the afro-american superstar.
And Panther is a genuinely nice guy who can't play because of his racist coach. (well he'll play eventually)

Dat team.

Anyway did you take Kurita as username after reading eyeshield?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Eyeshield 21: Poseiden vs Devilbats
Why can't I hold all these tears?

Kurita

When Yukimitsu realizes all the time he wasted studying... Oh boy.
Oh and Monta's reaction after the loss against Seibu.
And that time when...
:'(

PK Gaming

That was unfair of me to poke fun at the manga, but I was genuinly curious lol. Glad to see that the mangaka wasn't being completely racist.

I might check it out actually.

Thud

When Yukimitsu realizes all the time he wasted studying... Oh boy.

A very strong character, weird hair tho.

Steel Ball Run 45-50

Awesome stage was awesome. Especially the
Zelda's fairy in a fountain stand
and
Lucy's infiltration

Pace is up, feels good man. Only halfway though ...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That was unfair of me to poke fun at the manga, but I was genuinly curious lol. Glad to see that the mangaka wasn't being completely racist.

I might check it out actually.
It's more like a caricature of racism.

Kigata ga Kita! - "Kyoufu Shinbun" yori

nLSzM.jpg

Since this was the first translated chapter in a long-ass time, I had to reread some of it. Still with the killer newspaper

I wonder how bitch sees the monster.

Finally yen press is licensing stuff that I'd buy again

The North American publisher Yen Press announced at its panel at San Diego Comic Con on Friday that it will release Yukito Ayatsuji's Another mystery horror novel and the four-volume manga adaptation by artist Hiro Kiyohara. The company also announced it will release Pon Watanabe's Welcome to the Erotic Bookstore essay manga, and it confirmed it will release Junya Inoue's BTOOOM! manga.

Yen Press will release Yukito Ayatsuji's two-volume Another novel (pictured far right) as digital exclusives. It will release Hiro Kiyohara's four-volume manga adaptation (pictured at right) as a single omnibus print volume. The novels and manga "follow a boy named Koichi Sakakibara who finds himself caught up in a web of mysterious deaths at his middle school and investigates their connection to a girl who died in the same class in 1972." The novels inspired a 12-episode television anime series that aired in January-March. Crunchyroll streamed the series in various countries outside of Japan as it aired, and Sentai Filmworks will release the series on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in North America later this year.

Yen Press will release the first volume of Junya Inoue's BTOOOM! manga in spring 2013. Amazon UK previously listed Yen Press as publishing the first volume of the series in English in February 2013.

So is there info about Welcome to the Erotic Bookstore? Cause that's the only thing they picked up that interests me.

"Welcome to the Erotic Bookstore by Pon Watanabe is a unique comic memoir orginally published by Media Factory relating the author's experiences managing a used bookstore when the owner decides to add erotic paraphernalia to their product mix. This two-volume comic essay will be released as a digital exclusive with the first volume to be released in Winter 2012." in the pr.

survivor

Banned
"Welcome to the Erotic Bookstore by Pon Watanabe is a unique comic memoir orginally published by Media Factory relating the author's experiences managing a used bookstore when the owner decides to add erotic paraphernalia to their product mix. This two-volume comic essay will be released as a digital exclusive with the first volume to be released in Winter 2012." in the pr.

lol, I should have kept reading the article

Digital only? I wonder why

Akame ga Kill

And Tatsumi and Esdese's relationship progresses even further! I honestly have no clue where this is going. The way Esdese is being portrayed is making me think this will turn into Superior, which I hope it doesn't. Of course she's a lot more stubborn than Sheila and will probably stay a villain for a while, but I honestly have no clue. This portrayal for a merciless villain responsible for some of the more disturbing acts in the series is so outside the norm.

neoanarch

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: 14

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite comics.

The black bars are the best bit.

The new club member is pretty amazing as well. Not an unlikable character yet. Quite the achievement. Although, the less they show of the nun teacher the better.

Unfortunately thats the high point of the series. From then on its generic harem ecchi bullshit. it never reaches that kind of comedy high again.

Finally yen press is licensing stuff that I'd buy again

Blood Lad omnibus in december. Already preordered.

Kusagari

Akame ga Kill:

I don't understand. Why does he make Esdese so incredibly likable, but also make it seem like she's an irredeemable monster? I don't want mai waifu dying :(.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Akame ga Kill:

I don't understand. Why does he make Esdese so incredibly likable, but also make it seem like she's an irredeemable monster? I don't want mai waifu dying :(.

She's basically fem-hitler.

Azure J

Akame Ga Kill 26

New dude looks like Scar from FMA in his introduction and has a Teigu with the name of Shambala. Loose shoutout?

And this whole Esdese thing is making me feel like she's going to be a fairly recurring character of either the yandere or "love scorned" type. They're trying too hard to leave an impression for her to go poof with the end of their battle with her directly. Then again, this is one shonen that's abandoning all the rules.

Choujin Gakuen 13

Oh man, I really love the art style in this one. So comical. That being said, about time they got things sorted and added another member to the party. That school's going to get so lively if this is anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom