• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Well, it is a real thing in Buddhism, which is what the circle he called represented.

I figured, but it was just that specific combination of elements that made me go "Hey, it's Scar!"

Re: Haganai

I love the fuck out of this series and hope that we get to some of the stuff beyond the anime soon. I still enjoy the story even with the slight switch towards more harem antics but I also still see the same humor that made me love the earlier parts.

Soma

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai +

Ahaha was that the ending?

Oh well.

Sena has the best hair.

3xDAU.jpg

Rika is still the best girl. (shame she only showed up for the last part)

And... lol.

Good stuff.

duckroll

Silver Spoon - Chapter 45

Start of chapter: Oh hey, finally they're getting to the beginners' competition, neat!

Middle of chapter: Haha a new character rival appears! She's kinda an airhead, but not too offensive...

End of chapter: What? It's going on BREAK next week? Worst.News.Ever. FML.

upandaway

Akame ga Kill

Esdese gets more solid Tatsumi points while a new, potentially stronger enemy appears (which is on the side of the Prime Minister, no less!)

Coincidence?

...You guys, he's her replacement, for when she switches over. I'm all excited now. There's no way this will end badly. (famous last words, but dammit let me believe)

Akame Ga Kill and Choujin Gakuen both updated? Good times. All that's missing is a new Blood Lad chapter.
There was a new Blood Lad chapter a few days ago, it was pretty fun.

Articalys

Well, I know technically it's a no-spoilers-needed thread, but some things like that are much cooler when you read the chapter so it's just to keep anyone from accidentally seeing it if they don't want to.

Also, what's the royal flush referring to? I AM TIRED AND CANNOT IDENTIFY PLAYING CARDS ON SIGHT
CYqKo.jpg

Not me, just the first "poker fail" picture I could find

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Akame ga Kill

Esdese gets more solid Tatsumi points while a new, potentially stronger enemy appears (which is on the side of the Prime Minister, no less!)

Coincidence?

...You guys, he's her replacement, for when she switches over. I'm all excited now. There's no way this will end badly. (famous last words, but dammit let me believe

You're hope is amazing. Prepare for the worst with this series.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Silver Spoon - Chapter 45

Start of chapter: Oh hey, finally they're getting to the beginners' competition, neat!

Middle of chapter: Haha a new character rival appears! She's kinda an airhead, but not too offensive...

End of chapter: What? It's going on BREAK next week? Worst.News.Ever. FML.

Silver Spoon newb. Remember the "Cow giving birth" chapter? That was her first chapter back after having a kid (Arakawa has always drawn herself as a bespectacled cow, even during FMA; in the last popularity poll in FMA, she herself as a cow tied with Scar).

She's taken a lot of breaks since then, but we're all used to it. People give you leeway when you wrote FMA.

GE

lol @ Shou's ex-boyfriend who looks identical to Utsumi other than his eyes being drawn in a slightly different direction.

I get this slightly annoyed feeling when I read this because there isn't any reason at all for him to break up with Shou even though you know its going to happen.

Wiseblade

GE

lol @ Shou's ex-boyfriend who looks identical to Utsumi other than his eyes being drawn in a slightly different direction.

I get this slightly annoyed feeling when I read this because there isn't any reason at all for him to break up with Shou even though you know its going to happen.

Yeah, especially because the exact same thing already happened in Rage Town.

upandaway

I was really tired and didn't look too closely at the picture or think about what I was posting. Cut me some slack. Please?
I'll be honest here, I doubt you were just tired. It seems like your consciousness was compromised due to my curse of having at least one person misunderstand my posts. It's the upper workings of god who possessed you.

Akame ga Kill

You're hope is amazing. Prepare for the worst with this series.
The manga isn't really "being teigo is suffering", though (like Madoka or Fate/Zero). Aside from the pregnant woman I was satisfied with all the deaths, and they good guys were smiling when they died.

Plus, the "someone will die when two Teigo users fight" is basically null now. Hell, it was broken in this very chapter.

Wiseblade

I'll be honest here, I doubt you were just tired. It seems like your consciousness was compromised due to my curse of having at least one person misunderstand my posts. It's the upper workings of god who possessed you.

Isn't it usually you misunderstanding other people though?

Choujin Gakuen 13

About damn time! I know I shouldn't read too much into the 4komas, but I'm hoping the skull thing sticks around as well.

Now the painful wait for the next chapter.

You seem to read a lot of stuff you don't like all the way up to the most recent chapter. Learn to drop stuff, bro. You'll be happier.

PIwpI.jpg

I do drop stuff, but I'm trying to give more series the benefit of the initial doubt now. Also if something's really unremarkable I tend to skim a bit, so I'm not sinking huge amounts of time into them.

I was really tired and didn't look too closely at the picture or think about what I was posting. Cut me some slack. Please?
No. Being able to identity playing cards on sight is an important life skill. Otherwise you might lose your life's savings to a shady underground gambling ring.

Akito

Silver Spoon
Great chapter, the motivational speech is hilarious and Drill Hair® may be clichéd but amusing nonetheless.

gunbo13

Sometimes I just think that the language I use here isn't actually English, it's a suspiciously similar language that is different just enough to not be discovered. That could be it.

(is it that bad)
The only word I understood in this post was "English." The rest is pure nonsense. Even your handwriting is bad. And that doesn't even make any sense.

Never had issues reading your posts.
Naruto volume 61, in all its non-fuzzy-photo glory.
Looks like a bad movie poster a high schooler made.

Defuser

Akame ga Kill!
Gotta give props to the mangaka.
It's fucking hard to hate Esdese when she's dere dere all over Tatsumi despite the sadistic evil person she is.

Tegami Bachi v 8 (27 - 30)
tumblr_m75nu2aX511qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well this set of chapters was even better than the ones before it. It was essentially the best payout for what the previous 26 chapters was building up, so many years waiting and finally. Zazie was hilarious, with his lines for Lag, Connor bits were emotional. The suspense of when people just lose heart and then you see their memories fading is always so sad. Noir was juts amazing, and Lag v Roda, then Lag himself powering up of sorts was memorable.

tumblr_m75o8iUEgo1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Apart from the intense stylish action, I wonder what way the plot will turn. If Reverse is painting the government as stealing hearts, then I guess that leaves Lag in an odd position.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Phantom Blood

So I finally got around to starting Jojo! This was pretty entertaining, the art is very nice, even if the characters get a bit bulky and twisted at times. Zeppeli was the best character,
too bad he had to die. :(
I don't really have any major complaints, but overall it felt like it just lacked a bit of a spark to make really enjoy it. Apparently it only gets better from here, though, and Phantom Blood was fairly entertaining overall, so it'll be fun to continue.

survivor

Banned
JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Phantom Blood

So I finally got around to starting Jojo! This was pretty entertaining, the art is very nice, even if the characters get a bit bulky and twisted at times. Zeppeli was the best character,
too bad he had to die. :(
I don't really have any major complaints, but overall it felt like it just lacked a bit of a spark to make really enjoy it. Apparently it only gets better from here, though, and Phantom Blood was fairly entertaining overall, so it'll be fun to continue.

That's not how you spell Speedwagon

UnHappy Project 1-20

This was good! I was expecting wacky romance hijinks, but it turned out to have more depth and drama to it than the first chapter suggested.

The plot is basically a bunch of 18 year olds getting shipped off to camps to find marriage partners. It goes against my usual leanings but I kinda want Kaede (aka childhood friend) and MC to end up together. Although she's become a bit of a conceptual contradiction by 'entering late' as it were.

Also I liked Kotone more after
the manipulative bitch reveal. She'd go well with Ryuuya, which I guess could be the reason she's still sticking around.

survivor

Banned
UnHappy Project 1-20

This was good! I was expecting wacky romance hijinks, but it turned out to have more depth and drama to it than the first chapter suggested.

The plot is basically a bunch of 18 year olds getting shipped off to camps to find marriage partners. It goes against my usual leanings but I kinda want Kaede (aka childhood friend) and MC to end up together. Although she's become a bit of a conceptual contradiction by 'entering late' as it were.

Also I liked Kotone more after
the manipulative bitch reveal. She'd go well with Ryuuya, which I guess could be the reason she's still sticking around.

I read the first 3 chapters of this manga, skipped to the last 3. I was more interested in seeing how many chapters can you get out of a 1 month deadline than the actual story itself. The art was good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom