• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbo13

Beelzebub

Another comedic fight cause they seem to be the only style that works. Really creates issues with this manga since the quality of every chapter is dependent on the jokes...

Dengeki Daisy

Learning self defense? Lame. Ill-natured kidnapping fiancée of ojou-sama friend of MC girl who is the one learning self-defense? Go on...

Hayate

THE HAYATE KICK
THE ISUMI
THE PLOT
THE
HIMEGAMI

ALSO THIS:
No6l7.jpg

FINALLY

Preach. I'll be so damn happy if HnG goes back to its high point of people getting their asses handed to them by Hayate again. It's a very good thing for that masked girl Athena wasn't her normal self or she wouldn't have gotten that hand back. XD

Oh, and on the FT front Natsu needs to jump into the arena and legit kill Minerva. Fuck waiting for Sting.

RedSwirl

Blade of the Immortal Volume 29

Dismemberment all up in this bitch. I think the last three volumes have been almost nothing but combat. Making up for the prison arc I guess.

Coming up on Volume 30:
Giichi vs Makie

Lain

I'd like to see that in France. But the Big 3 is owned by two publishers. Glénat has Bleach and One Piece while Kana has Naruto so it won't happen.
And Kazé has all the newest series like Toriko, Beelzebub, Kuroko's Basket... Viz Media Europe bought them recently, they will have all the WSJ "blockbusters" from now on. We might get SKET Dance !

I'd trade Sket Dance for Kuroko's Basketball, if it was possible.

Lain

Pumpkin and Mayonnaise vol 1 End

p3Bbf.jpg

Another name for this would be NTR: The Manga if that might get you into reading it.

A very well grounded and realistic josei manga. The art really lacked and it was empty most of the times but it didn't bother me that much since I was too focused on the story. Miho's problem was very interesting and well done. I'm not sure why she kept clinging to Sei who was a deadbeat loser that didn't bother finding a job for a long time forcing Miho to work as a hostess. I would have just kicked his ass out the house at that moment.

The
plot twist with Hagio and Rika was so obvious it hurt. I guess it was needed to have a parallel situation with Rika that mirrors Miho's life
. I was more or less satisfied with the conclusion since Miho did the right thing in the end and Sei learned to grow up and be more independent.

You needn't say more to get me to read it.

Thud

Baoh

Clearly pre-JoJo work, the art, character development and story telling are a few levels below JoJo. I do recognise Araki's style and it was kinda nice.

6/10

flawfuls

Tetsugaku Letra 1

A shounen sports manga by Mizu Sahara? That doesn't sound like her at all.

*Reads it

No that's her alright. First chapter was pretty good. It almost felt like full story by itself. It's also drowning in angst, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

survivor

Banned
Journey to the End of the World vol 1 End

QM0JM.jpg

Quite possibly one of the weirdest manga I ever read with so many mindfuck scenes. I just find it weird how some of the stories were so disturbing
parents eating their children and continuously having kids to eat them so they can survive
, but it never bothered me that much. Must be the wacky art.

I particularly liked this page. Still don't get how he didn't die. Oh well, not a big deal, it was the journey that mattered.

Journey to the End of the World vol 1 End

QM0JM.jpg

Quite possibly one of the weirdest manga I ever read with so many mindfuck scenes. I just find it weird how some of the stories were so disturbing
parents eating their children and continuously having kids to eat them so they can survive
, but it never bothered me that much. Must be the wacky art.

I particularly liked this page. Still don't get how he didn't die. Oh well, not a big deal, it was the journey that mattered.

Is this from the God's Child mangaka? sure looks like it

survivor

Banned
It doesn't matter. Everyone has bad taste anyways.

Ludwig Revolution (Dorothea)
http://i.imgur.com/wdtYB.jpg[IMG]

[B]Oresama Teacher (Mafuyu)[/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kq4km.jpg[IMG]

[B]Snow White with the Red Hair (Shirayuki)[/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gzK8s.jpg[IMG]

My top 3.[/QUOTE]
I can never make a top waifu list, I have far too many

[quote="Infinite Justice, post: 39879353"]Is this from the [B]God's Child[/B] mangaka? sure looks like it[/QUOTE]

I guess I should be reading that next.

flawfuls

Butter!!! 1

That was pretty decent. This is a shoujo manga by the person behind Don't Cry Girl about a ballroom dancing club. The male lead is unsympathetically portrayed as a pathetic little shit, but that is almost refreshing in a shoujo manga and I'm sure he will get better. The female lead on the other hand is a very likable genki girl.

FfrZt.png

Overall it's just very charming much like Don't Cry Girl.

Doukyuusei 1 - 6 (end)

Although, as the writer even said, it followed suite for most of the genre, as a whole it was still pretty good. If one wont differentiate then just do everything as expected well. Not that there were many rough moments, but there were lots of heartfelt ones in both characers. Relationship was happy at times, and sad at others but Im glad they managed to work through it, highlighting the two vastly different feelings they had for each other at these points in time and that role reversal at one point was pretty good. I think theres a sequel so I need to check that out. Art was interesting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Eyeshield 21:
Marco is just the biggest fucking boss ever.

Soma

Minamoto-kun Monogatari

don't fuck this up
don't fuck this up
don't fuck this up
don't fuck this up
don't fuck this up
don't fuck this up
don't fuck this up
don't fuck this up
don't fuck this up

...he's gonna fuck this up somehow isn't he?

Yes, but the fast forwarding goes back in time in a new timeline. Read the ending again. And back in the past when using a horse was slowly replaced with the train is the setting of SBR. SO ended the orginal JoJo series and created a new set. Maybe I'm praising Araki too much, but he's the kinda mangaka who can turn the whole manga upside down and still make it seem logical. His stands are never the same and keep on evolving, I guess he just wanted to do something else.

Although SBR is one part of JoJo, it's clearly different. Speculation or not, even the synopsis says it's in a different timeline. I can't say for sure if it's on the back of the cover, but if it is then it has to be approved by the mangaka and editor, right?

You can still think anything of SBR, however it is in a timeline caused by SO different from SO itself. Jojolion is probably the same.

Stone Ocean -> diopucci resets the universe -> SBR -> Stone Ocean/Jojolion

it's not a different universe, and it's not a different timeline. It all started over from zero. Pucci was trying to remake the world without Joestars, but it got tampered with before he could finish. There is no joestar line or speedwagon line or whatever. It's never going to go back to Jotaro Kujo being Jotaro Kujo. But it's not a new universe or timeline because Emporio still exists, reinserted in the remade world.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Aunt Tits

He's either gonna fuck this up somehow or daddy's going to call again. Please, prove me wrong!

Thud

Stone Ocean -> diopucci resets the universe -> SBR -> Stone Ocean/Jojolion

it's not a different universe, and it's not a different timeline. It all started over from zero. Pucci was trying to remake the world without Joestars, but it got tampered with before he could finish. There is no joestar line or speedwagon line or whatever. It's never going to go back to Jotaro Kujo being Jotaro Kujo. But it's not a new universe or timeline because Emporio still exists, reinserted in the remade world.

I could swear it was a different timeline, when Pucci's stand had been defeated. Although stands and dio still exist.

And there's a thing that's bothering me in SBR
Norisuke and Josuke have the same surname, and there's a Norisuke in JoJolion too. But SBR is at least 200 years before JoJolion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom