• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Damn you:p. I heard good things about it, but there are too many manga to read. I have been delaying reading Shin Angyo Onshi for ever now. I gotta catch up on Medaka, TOG, Kuroko no basket, first. Then i will read Girls of the wild and Soul Cartel.

Girls is relatively new so you can catch up without having to burn through too many issues. Catching up to Noblesse last month was painful, haha. Basically caught up and was waiting for the season premiere.

Further into KNIM and I have to say:

Holy crap. Team Aoi.

Silver Spoon 47

He's going to fall.

Nah, chestnut is so smart he'll slow down by himself so Hachiken doesn't fall. Hachiken won't win the tournament, but he'll learn a more valuable lesson and forge deeper bond with Chestnut.

and in the ending, chestnut will be butchered and eaten

scy

Nah, chestnut is so smart he'll slow down by himself so Hachiken doesn't fall. Hachiken won't win the tournament, but he'll learn a more valuable lesson and forge deeper bond with Chestnut.

and in the ending, chestnut will be butchered and eaten

All must obey the
law of meat

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto predictions:

Naruto does a Rasengan and it doesn't work. Tobi readies some other technique, but we don't see it because the chapter ends.

Bleach predictions:

Spirit Nazis gloat and Sword Ghosts make reaction faces.

GlassBox

Banned
Am I the only person more interested in that Naruto movie plot than the actual manga's plot right now?
I was, but spoilers from early screenings are a bit disappointing. For example, the Akatsuki aside from Tobi are all just White Zetsu's, so no special moves or even voices perhaps. Seems like they're just there as an afterthought and for marketing. The real villains are the Masked men (one of which is another Dark Naruto, possibly just Tobi in disguise though)
5NvAC.jpg

The enemy designs look cool though.

Also, the majority of the film looks to be Naruto interacting with his family in the lolGenjutsu world.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I was, but spoilers from early screenings are a bit disappointing. For example, the Akatsuki aside from Tobi are all just White Zetsu's, so no special moves or even voices perhaps. Seems like they're just there as an afterthought and for marketing. The real villains are the Masked men (one of which is another Dark Naruto, possibly just Tobi in disguise though)
http://i.imgur.com/5NvAC.jpg[IMG]
The enemy designs look cool though.

Also, the majority of the film looks to be Naruto interacting with his family in the lolGenjutsu world.[/QUOTE]

Oh that is disappointing. But why is it like that? Isn't this suppose to randomly take place before Naruto fights the Akatsuki and in a magic illusion world? Why do they have to be White Zetsu's then? Or are they tieing this movie more into the current manga plotline then that?

Confusing

GlassBox

Banned
Oh that is disappointing. But why is it like that? Isn't this suppose to randomly take place before Naruto fights the Akatsuki and in a magic illusion world? Why do they have to be White Zetsu's then? Or are they tieing this movie more into the current manga plotline then that?

Confusing
I thought I read an interview where Kishi was trying to actually tie in the film to the manga plotline somehow (though how legit and retconned it ends up being is anyone's guess). As for why White Zetsu's? My guess is convenience for Kishi so he didn't have to try and come up with a legitimate way that the entire Akatsuki wouldn't absolutely stomp Konoha (since Pain already did it by himself).

survivor

Banned
Nejimakiboshi to Aoi Sora 1-3

Some dumb manga that tries to be dark and deep and edgy and shit. Some kid discovers an alien and people are hunting the alien and shit. The kid is pretty much a shounen protagonist with his "machines are cool" shtick and his dead mother trauma past. Pretty disappointing read.

Erigu

Looks like they changed a few things from the original plot, and introduced some inconsistencies by doing so. Naruto quality!

GlassBox

Banned
Looks like they changed a few things from the original plot, and introduced some inconsistencies by doing so. Naruto quality!
I don't think things were changed so much so than the studio just chose to focus early marketing on stuff like the Akatsuki because that would guarantee hype.

That Naruto movie is sounding like a clusterfuck imo but i'm still interested in seeing it due to the differences in the characters we knew and how that will work.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Random yuri manga drive-by:

So it's the standard yuri story, but it was cute because it shows how the two girls meet each other in two different chapters that run in parallel to each other. It's a neat concept for a one shot anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That Naruto movie is sounding like a clusterfuck imo but i'm still interested in seeing it due to the differences in the characters we knew and how that will work.
The problem with the movies is that you will never see it until it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Actual Naruto spoilers:

Naruto and Tobi fight, and despite the last chapter saying prominently ONE ON ONE, all of his friends attack Tobi also. Naruto uses his fox-shroud Beast Ball and Kakashi pulls out the Mangekyo. They fail, but then there's a crack in Tobi's mask.

Ane Comi

I always knew the Midori no Hibi guy would get into smut eventually.

So this is about some guy's really innocent sister that's required to draw H manga, so she uses him as a reference for it and he gets all these incestuous thoughts. It's a wacky incest comedy!

Kurita

Haikyu!!
Wow, really good chapter, seems like the next match will be interesting, the ace might return...
The last pages were great.

And they make fun of the crazy techniques you usually see in a sports manga, that was pretty funny :
jItCO.png

Again, my favorite WSJ's series at the moment.

Khezu

Naruto

So blondie can do the bijuudama thing in human form now?

Also hes going to beat tobi the same way his dad did, but instead of bullshit teleporting hes going to turn himself into a kunai and sacrifice a clone to tobi's happy fun time box world, then rasengan him in the back.

Angry Grimace

All of the movies are consistently terrible.

Naruto

Woo finally some action, nice to see Gai and Kakashi getting some action, seems he has improved his kamui success rate before he takes a trip to the hospital, what is Tobis mask made of?

Akito

Naruto
Too chaotic, too much ruubble, I couldn't follow the action at times.

Bleach
Didn't expect Byakuya really to die but fuck yeah, Kenpachi is here to kick some ass.

Kusagari

Naruto:

Decent action, but it was an entire chapter just saying OMG TOBI IS STRONGGGG

Bleach:

Holy shit at Kubo actually killing Byakuya. He's going to troll this entire fanbase on his way out. Hitsugaya is next.

And lol Kenpachi at the end. We're about to see Novel Kenpachi unleashed.

Bleach: Holy shit at Kubo actually killing Byakuya. He's going to troll this entire fanbase on his way out. Hitsugaya is next.

He can always bring them back , this is a series where people get chop in half , had they whole upper body destroy and came back to life.
Still this is the last arc so he also don't have to give a fuck and can do whatever he wants .

Kusagari

He can always bring them back , this is a series where people get chop in half , had they whole upper body destroy and came back to life.
Still this is the last arc so he also don't have to give a fuck also .

He could, but I seriously think he doesn't give a solitary fuck anymore. There's no way Jump will cancel Bleach before he finishes the arc. He can do whatever he wants and troll them on the way out.

Bleach
Loved how Kenpachi showed up with three slain Sternritter's on his back. Hopefully he won't get one-shot by Buckbeard next chapter.

IHaveIce

Banned
Naruto
much fighting, everything is a little bit too fast. It was obvious that Kakashi wouldn't get to finish it.
Seems like it's gonna be a long fight.

Bleach
Yeah .. Sorry Bleach is still getting worse and worse, but I have to say I didn't expect Byakuya would die. Kenpaichi will lose against the boss but hell damn he is awesome.

What is with One Piece? Another week off? Or are we finally getting a new chapter?

The problem with the movies is that you will never see it until it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Actual Naruto spoilers:

Naruto and Tobi fight, and despite the last chapter saying prominently ONE ON ONE, all of his friends attack Tobi also. Naruto uses his fox-shroud Beast Ball and Kakashi pulls out the Mangekyo. They fail, but then there's a crack in Tobi's mask.

Yea about 6 months or so after the theater release and then have to wait until that is picked up in English (if ever).

Naruto

Gai going hard on the Bruce Lee stuff lol and Tobi isn't bad for someone claiming to be nowhere near his full power.

Bleach

I would give Kubo massive respect if he actually stuck to his guns on this, extra if ice tard suffers the same fate.

Bring out the novel Kenpachi also plz but seriously this fight should be interesting since Kenpachi isn't held back by a Bankai but he might start playing with his prey by holding back or some shit

Bleach
I would give Kubo massive respect if he actually stuck to his guns on this, extra if ice tard suffers the same fate.

Bring out the novel Kenpachi also plz but seriously this fight should be interesting since Kenpachi isn't held back by a Bankai but he might start playing with his prey by holding back or some shit

It would be funny if trolls the fan base by making Kenpachi fodder like the other captains.
I hope he not fighting the Vandenreich Leader since he can't lose yet .

Kusagari

Novel Kenpachi has already arrived bro.

Ichigo couldn't even beat Kirge, and Kenpachi curb stomps 3 of these dudes off panel. lmao

Articalys

Well I guess that just shows where WSJ's promotional priorities are!

How did you even have that picture that large on standby so quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom