• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

I guess when your series gets a major movie release in theaters, you get the WSJ cover two issues in a row for cool shit like this:

http://i.imgur.com/CO2yz.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Where's my One Piece double cover, Shueisha? I would probably import the issues if it was really good. Jump is like what, £3?]

EDIT: Triple?!

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/is8QPhsTNHZlW.gif

I don't think i ever seen anything get advertise like Strong World expect maybe DB back in the day and even then .
During that time OP was every where .

Kusagari

When you have the creator of the most popular manga in history supervise a movie you should expect it to be ridiculously advertised.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Naruto
That was an incomprehensible fight scene

Bleach
This arc is SO going to end with the Dragonballs being unleashed

Akito

How did you even have that picture that large on standby so quickly?
I have all sort of shit saved in my OP folder =D

Where's my One Piece double cover, Shueisha? I would probably import the issues if it was really good. Jump is like what, £3?
If you don't want to import the older ones with the Strong World covers, I expect Shueisha will do something similar at the end of the year when the new OP movie is about to hit the cinemas, Oda will supervise it as well.

Gradivus

I just looked through the raw for the new One Piece this week.

Nothing too special yet besides who has who's heart. Hopefully the story will start moving at a better pace again in a week or two.

Kurita

Where's my One Piece double cover, Shueisha? I would probably import the issues if it was really good. Jump is like what, £3?]

I'm sure that the shipping would make it pretty expensive.
It costs like 6€ in France, and only one store sells it in Paris.

Kreed

One Piece 675:

Guess I should have known Oda wouldn't have made it so easy for Vergo to beat Law if he had Luffy and co taken out the way they were by Ceasar. There may be still a chance Vergo is a decent opponent, but after the heart reveal I'm not expecting much from him anymore. The chapter ending was a bit anti climatic, but the rest of the chapter was fine. Still waiting for Franky to wake up and bust the Luffy out of jail.

Akito

One Piece
Caribou capturing the mermaids the new running gag now?
What a shitty deal Law has agreed upon with, why would anyone trade his own heart against one of some secretary and not the one of his opponent.

Kusagari

One Piece:

Decent chapter, but this Smiley thing is really being drawn out. Just get on with it Oda. Vergo using Law's heart is pretty lame, and makes me wonder how strong he actually is. Also Law's kind of a dumbass for ever agreeing to give Caesar his heart.

And it seems like Caribou is having his way with the mermaids on Fishman Island. lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Bleach
kenpachi curbstomps three 'captain' quincy off panel without even removing his eye patch.

bankai ichigo couldnt even put down a supervisor.

Articalys

And here is your TOC for this week:

Naruto (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
PSI Kusuo Saiki (Center Colour)
Kuroko no Basket
Nisekoi
Toriko
Haikyuu!!
Goblin Night (Center Colour, Golden Future Cup Entry #1)
Reborn!
Takamagahara
Gintama
Sket Dance
Kochikame (Center Colour)
Pajama na Kanojo
Medaka Box
Beelzebub
Koisome Momiji
Bleach
Kurogane
Sensei no Bulge

And here is your TOC for this week:

Naruto (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
PSI Kusuo Saiki (Center Colour)
Kuroko no Basket
Nisekoi
Toriko
Haikyuu!!
Goblin Night (Center Colour, Golden Future Cup Entry #1)
Reborn!
Takamagahara
Gintama
Sket Dance
Kochikame (Center Colour)
Pajama na Kanojo
Medaka Box
Beelzebub
Koisome Momiji
Bleach
Kurogane
Sensei no Bulge

No, surely that has to be a typo?! The very bottom?

PK Gaming

Naruto

Pure, unadulterated fighting! I've always been a sucker for these types of chapters. It was hard to make out what was going on, but after reading it again I could fully understand the fight. Tobi is insanely strong haha... even with the combined might of Naruto, Gai, Kakashi and Bee he's still bobbing & weaving like it's nothing. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Great chapter.

One Piece

It seems like everything is going wrong for the straw hats. Caesar's plan is coming to fruition, they're split up (Luffy and his party being jailed) and Caesar's monster has been unleashed. I'm looking forward to how Oda turns this situation around (maybe team Sanji saves the day...?) Anyway it was a good chapter that was packed w/ info. It's a shame we had a break prior to this one and there's likely going to be another break in the coming weeks.

Bleach

Bleach is fucking stupid. I lost interest when Kenpaichi wank reached critical levels. Oh and Rukia's out cold already? Greeeeat. I hate how kubo always makes him out to be a stronger fighter than Ichigo. Bullshit.

Bleach feels like its 10 pages in comparison to Naruto and OP... seriously 3-4 big panels a page? What garbage.

Naruto
tumblr_m7pxa2hcKH1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Smiling for a shadow clone and rasengan? lol. Pretty fast and nice chapter that will no doubt be much more stunning animated, which hopefully they reach relatively quickly. The flying rocks added to the intensity making it even more of a chaotic fight. Guy ought to have used Asakujaku, though. I think they will require Sasuke's assistance to fight and defeat Tobi, or either Madara will step in. Some type of power up is necessary.

Excellent fight.It was almost too fast pace for my eyes to catch all the hidden tactics.That seemed all in 30 seconds real time.Great job this chapter.

Dynedom

KNIM

What the fuck? Why would you wait until the last fucking day to start a long-distance relationship when you were there for a few months? Fucking start it in person and then continue long distance. Jesus christ. And he was stupid enough to accept.

Is this the tip of the iceberg? Will I be raging more as I continue?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
KNIM

What the fuck? Why would you wait until the last fucking day to start a long-distance relationship when you were there for a few months? Fucking start it in person and then continue long distance. Jesus christ. And he was stupid enough to accept.

Is this the tip of the iceberg? Will I be raging more as I continue?

Yes.

upandaway

One Piece

It's a shame we had a break prior to this one and there's likely going to be another break in the coming weeks.
Not just likely. Next week is a double issue. No Jump for you, no sir.

One Piece

Well at least Virgo did the smart thing, but that wasn't the most confident way to go about that.
But, he does look methodical and calculative enough to act like that even if he's strong. I'm guessing he's good stuff, but not final VSs material?

Really don't care about the experiment right now since, it's, uh, an experiment. There will barely be casualties if any at all. It was blow right up for all I care. It's (horiz- wait no) in the middle of nowhere.

And yeah things are pretty messed up right now but well, that's sorta how it is every arc before the climax. Everyone are either too far away or out or captured, and then things still work out.

Hells Yeah !! Kenpachi show that bad ass Shikai!! I had that song "Time to play the game " from Motorhead in my head on that last panel.
Dat Buckbeard.

Mr. Fix

Naruto

Cool fight. It's nice to leave the whole Kabuto thing behind, talk about a snooze-fest. Hopefully they don't skip over the Madara fight too.

Bleach

Kenpachi, hell yeah!
You have no chance.
I just hope they don't do that thing where Kenpachi gets his ass handed to him, he shows something new, but still gets his ass handed to him.

OP

Still not sure what Law's looking for. I guess this means he can't go full force if they have his heart. Also, where's KID?

789shadow

Banned
One Piece

I can't believe Law would actually make such a stupid decision.

Naruto

Can't tell what the hell is happening, but at least epic troll Obito reveal should come soon.

Bleach

If Byakuya actually died.......

Kubo is playing for keeps I see. Kenpachi has no shot at winning, though.

methane47

Naruto:

WTF was going on? Need to add some color in that crap so i can understand whats happening.

I'm not even sure what order i should read the panels in anymore.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

I get the feeling this is somehow part of Law's plan. I don't think he'd do something that stupid without having a reason. There's gotta be a reason right?

I do think that Franky can break them out at any time, but they're staying around to learn more.

Bleach

No, he's not dead. If he was, we have the Dragon Boobs to heal him. False tension.

Bleach
tumblr_m7pr2zxTcH1qcrnx8o1_500.jpg

Well that was an tragic end to Byakuya. With Kubo killing off now a fan favorite character, I can only hope and pray that Hitsugaya isnt next. I think that event would potentially be closest to the hardest hitting moment in Bleach since that time in Las Noches when Ichigo had that hole blasted through his chest. I can only imagine that pain that Byakuya fans must be going through.

Unfortunately I do not have as high hopes as you all do with the anticipation that through some miracle he will somehow spring back to life. He has already uttered his last words and apologies and instilled his will in both Renji and Rukia. So, it seems just impossible to think he has anything left to offer the world. I do not recall any such writer having characters do the same thing and spring back to life, so I imagine it wont be something Kubo will do.

Ichigo shall have a difficult time and hopefully Renji gets back in action, great moment of him trying to do something, so a second chance must be given.

Bleach

It's kinda wierd that Byakuya never tried to pull off any kido moves in this fight. He seemed to be pretty good at it when he used it in his other major battles, and now that he lost his bankai kido seemed like it was worth a shot.

Mr. Fix

Bleach

It's kinda wierd that Byakuya never tried to pull off any kido moves in this fight. He seemed to be pretty good at it when he used it in his other major battles, and now that he lost his bankai kido seemed like it was worth a shot.

The goal was to kill him off, to make the scene look cool. I guess some could argue that it shows the difference in strength, but ehhhh.

OP
Law making that deal with CC came back to bite him in the ass guess he really want whatever is on that island .
I hope slim does more stuff next week .

Naruto

Naruto (the manga) can be terrible at times, but when it comes to fights Naruto (the manga) is amazing. I love all the strategies and team work that Kishi puts in his fights.

Bleach

Bye-kuya. Not the healing squad, Unohana, Hacchi or Orihime can help him now. RIP Kenpachi you will be destroyed in the next 2-3 chapters.

one piece

Law is dumb for making that deal.

KHR

Yeah boy. The fight was short but good strategy by Tsuna and co. Next week´s fight will be epic.

Bleach

It was stated many times already. Nothing can touch the Stern Ritters except bankai. That´s why they have sealed it.

upandaway

About Law, am I missing something here? He was obviously shafted on the deal yeah, but he wasn't exactly on the most equal grounds to begin with. Like Caesar said he was stronger than Law and could make the rules or Law would be kicked out.

Bleach

Kubo has forgotten Kido exists.

Tbh I have always been disappointed that Kido doesn't play a larger part in bleach cause at times it can be much more interesting and cool compared to the standard bleach fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom