• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
How far did you get? The actual Bishokukai fights are pretty good. I think the strength of Toriko comes from the designs rather than the actual "flow" of the fights, though. It's one of my favorite reads for that kind of thing rather than for the "action" itself.
Somewhere in the 40s

To me, it's a different genre. Eyeshield 21 is with Prince of Tennis in the whole over-the-top shounen-y sports types.
If we are talking over the top then Ping Pong is king

He threatened me.

I already gave my friendly title out. Only troll versions are left.

Manga Discussion/News Thread lOT6l As a Wise blade once told me, Nisekoi > Pokémon
Manga Discussion/News Thread lOT6l As a Wise blade once told me, Reburst > Special

Admittedly, I don't read Reborn as I hear it's just fangirl bait.
Anyway, how is Toriko NOT unique compared to all the pretty boy, "friendship is power", inspired-by-Goku main leads that dominate most RECENT Shonen?
As for the character designs? That just comes down to opinion.
I could easily as say most of Reborn's cast all have the same bishie face and are only differentiated by their hair. Again, opinions.

I prefer reborns designs. But outside of that, alot of Toriko feels like it was inspired from other places. It does feel original in the gourmet stuff and has a nice sprawling world of ingenious food designs, and is fun with the really serious fights. But the characters are pretty standard, the standard over muscular buff ones from dbz that I didnt like, Toriko and other characters undergo typical super powerups when they are/should be dead (I mean they get limbs and holes in them and they come back thanks to receiving nutrients from the surroundings, like those beans in dbz...) I love random surprising powerups since I can never predict them and they make for epic surprising moments but in the realm of toriko and jump shonen its not really a breath of fresh air. I do buy the manga, and watch the anime religiously cause its fun, and Komatsu is really neat and Terry and Kiss and Zombie sama's underlings, and the fruits are nice, so Im not saying Toriko is not good.

(mellow cola arc is amazing so far)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Whatever OT6 is named, OT7 has to be:

"Manga Thread |OT7| of 7 Girls, 7 Keys, 7 Promises"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What if there aren't actually seven girls by that point in the story, though?

Or are you going to threaten Naoshi to make sure it happens
Then it could be prophetic!

Kreed

*refreshes the Manga thread*

*sees the thread has had a lot of posts since his One Piece post earlier today*

*is disappointed that it's only useless OT6 title discussion and not real posts*

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
*refreshes the Manga thread*

*sees the thread has had a lot of posts since his One Piece post earlier today*

*is disappointed that it's only useless OT6 title discussion and not real posts*
You're better than this Kreed, you sound like those little brats that complain about it being wednesday on Wednesdays after they've had 6 days to discuss their shitty manga.

Kreed

You're better than this Kreed, you sound like those little brats that complain about it being wednesday on Wednesdays after they've had 6 days to discuss their shitty manga.

And those complaints are better than 100+ posts of OT6 title gags 800 posts before the need to create a new thread. In past threads we at least save thread killing spam for around post 19900+.

GlassBox

Banned
oTF2B.jpg

First time in a while I've seen Tobi look real pissed.

Gabroni

Banned
yullen-untitled41.png

Kanda x Allen (D. Gray-Man)
(glad I'm don't have to hide my OTP and feel like complete freak)

Fans drawing better than the artist------don't know how to feel about that

Zeppu

One Piece

BB has the fruit-fruit fruit. He kills df users and turns into a fruit to absorb their power. The guy with the yami-yami fruit had already taken it so he had to kill him.

You heard it here first.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
ONE PIECE:

Oda's villains are so... one dimensional. If there is one thing that hasn't changed at all from One Piece Volume 1 to now, this is it.

NARUTO:

Awesome fight. Kakashi using tactics again feels so good.

I keep saying this to you but, you should really check out the anime ! (I may convince you one day)

And what is with all these gaffers I recognize getting tags these days?

Wait, are you sure you're not confusing me with someone else? I don't remember you "keep saying that to me"... in fact I *think* this is the first time I read Minami-ke....

...Unless I am being amnesiac about this...........

Also... there is a Yaoi Day?????????

Tower of God

All caught up. Part 2 has been even more nuts than part 1 so far. Baam took about 8 billion levels in badass as Viole and the stuff going on with Koon and Rachel's group is just whoa.

Sad that I'm out of chapters to read. I want to know what happens next!

El Sloth

Banned
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru

Haha, this fight is so ridiculous. Hamada actually went for a shoryuken. Ah, I should have waited to read this until all the chapters of the fight we're done.

So why do so many people have to post Yaoi pics.
Sometimes i really wonder about this thread.

HSDK
Still in the set up chapters for a new arc .

Oda's villains are so... one dimensional. If there is one thing that hasn't changed at all from One Piece Volume 1 to now, this is it.

what makes you say that ?

Solune

Wait, are you sure you're not confusing me with someone else? I don't remember you "keep saying that to me"... in fact I *think* this is the first time I read Minami-ke....

...Unless I am being amnesiac about this...........

No I keep pestering you to watch anime versions of 4-komas versus reading them. The last time was K-On. (I also recommended Minami-ke awhile back to someone else but no one reads my posts)

survivor

Banned
So why do so many people have to post Yaoi pics.
Sometimes i really wonder about this thread.
It's Yaoi Day bro, we have to celebrate

My favourite BL cover from a cool manga, Yuujin ga Yuusha
yQ5tt.png

Where do RPG heroes go when they die?

The setting is back in the Dark Ages when the world lived in fear of the Demon King. That is until a Hero appeared who could save the world and its helpless people. The Hero gathered a party and seeks to bring love and justice to the troubled land. But the world’s a dangerous place–there’s all sorts of monsters, traps, poisonous mushrooms… what happens when the Hero falls to all any of these dangers?

dude

dude
Alright, this is driving me crazy... Back when I watched anime, I remember watching some show. It was some kind of parody of superheroes. There was this little alien girl with brown hair... She had a yellow shirt and a red dress. There was an evil girl who had blonde hair and was dressed like a princess or something like that?

Much respect to anyone who could help

EDT: Nevermind, it was Dokoida

^Nice on Kaoru and Shinji, so little screentime but so much art.

Amayadori wa Basu-tei de is probably my favorite bl cover, at least that I read this year, like the characters, and the colors, and style.
tumblr_m83yonIIRX1qbxqfpo1_250.png

This whole incident started with a phone call from Ikushima’s younger siblings in a bus stop, where he had the most unfortunate luck of meeting happy-go-lucky boy, Ariie. Ikushima may look pretty, but his seemly bad and cold attitude gave him the nickname “queen”. Even though he doesn’t think he’s wrong (actually what he say seems right, justified even) but his good intention is always taken the wrong way. He blames it on his extremely serious look.

Stumbling upon the queen’s soft side, Ariie used the information to his advantage and started following poor Ikushima. Will love blossom from this seemingly weird pair…?

And cant forget TTGL.
tumblr_lzcgcx3msi1qlat5do1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom