• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Looks who's on the cover

iA54OOn77QCbC.jpg

Are you even trying other teams? :p

upandaway

Actually, what you just said about Blackbeard's body having the characteristics that allow for DF's abilities to be transferred to him gave me an idea for a new theory of how he has more than one ability.

What if it's not his actual body, but rather his original Devil Fruit itself that allows him to have more than one ability. Blackbeard's Yami Yami no Mi controls darkness and also allows him to "absorb" things into black holes he creates. Since he can also negate DF users abilities just by touching them, maybe it's possible that he's able to "absorb" the ability out of a dead user completely as well, since the ability would be about to transfer out of the body anyways. Keep in mind when he did his little secret thing to Whitebeard under the cover (That sounds so dirty, I know), it was pretty much right after he died, so maybe it was just soon enough to where he was able to use his Darkness/Gravity ability to literally suck the essence of the fruits ability right out of him.

By doing this, he can get around the hole loop hole of not being able to eat more than one DF, since he's technically not eating it but rather absorbing the ability. Futhermore, the stolen ability wouldn't be "within"/part of his body like the Yami Yami no Mi, but rather contained in some temporal place that he can hold it until he wants to expel it (Just like when he used his ability to pull the town into a black hole, and then he released everything from the hole when he was ready to do it). This would also explain why he was so determined to get this EXACT fruit, as he might have figured out that he would be able to steal others abilities with it. It also explains why he's doing a Devil Fruit user hunt right now, since it's possible that he could use more than just the two abilities he has now.

If this is actually what Blackbeard is doing, this would make him easily the most powerful person in the One Piece world. He could theoretically use as many abilities as he could get his hands on. I know it's kind of a stretch, but I think this could actually be possible. What do you guys think?
I thought this was the standard theory.

I think it's more likely that BB only has enough RAM for one fruit, though, without a hard drive. So he won't be able to use more than 2 abilities at a time, and he can't stack up powers.

Kyuur

It sure is cool for the crew to be so close to a 'new' DF in the present. I really hope they get it, just to see what they would do with it.

Any guesses on who threw Chopper the paper? My thoughts went to Virgo. He could be a double-agent... Secure the new weapon for the WG, capture a bunch of infamous pirates and take down a mad scientist, and save the kids that were missing. Makes them look good while acquiring a great amount of power.

Edit: I think we just need to wait for an explanation of the DF appearing. If DF transfers were just common knowledge, why did Teach need to kill Thatch before he ate the Yomi Yomi no Mi? Could've just done it after. There must be much more to it.

Kusagari

It sure is cool for the crew to be so close to a 'new' DF in the present. I really hope they get it, just to see what they would do with it.

Any guesses on who threw Chopper the paper? My thoughts went to Virgo. He could be a double-agent... Secure the new weapon for the WG, capture a bunch of infamous pirates and take down a mad scientist, and save the kids that were missing. Makes them look good while acquiring a great amount of power.

I'll just go with the obvious guess and say Monet.

Blackbeard can create Black holes? Seriously? That's some Marvel or DC comics level of retardation.

>.> And some people say Naruto has ridiculous OP bullshit.

scy

So I've been reading Baby Steps

It's like a very down to Earth sports manga (tennis). I don't know what it is but I think I like how the main character doesn't annoy me.

ch. 49 at the moment.

A personal favorite. Was a nice change of pace compared to, say, Prince of Tennis explosions.

789shadow

Banned
One Piece

Did we just see what happens when a Devil Fruit user dies?
Also, Viking, as usual, is an idiot. Smiley was the Fruit user that died, because it EXPLODED.

Naruto

More boring fight, take the mask off of Obito's face already.

Bleach

No, Kenpachi would not have done anything epic, it's the beginning of the arc and his opponents are the Big Bad and the Dragon. The very best he could have done was to lose and not die.

Bleach

No, Kenpachi would not have done anything epic, it's the beginning of the arc and his opponents are the Big Bad and the Dragon. The very best he could have done was to lose and not die.

He could have had his latent bankai stolen, then used by the opponent. Would have been interesting simply for the reveal of his bankai.

One Piece
We get some Info on what might happen to a DF when the user dies which was interesting .
Next chapter they going to counter attack which should be great .
Now to wait until the break is over .

Akito

Blackbeard can create Black holes? Seriously? That's some Marvel or DC comics level of retardation.

>.> And some people say Naruto has ridiculous OP bullshit.
How is this more retarded than let's say someone who can banish things/people to an alternate dimension at will?

How is this more retarded than let's say someone who can banish things/people to an alternate dimension at will?

They're both equally retarded. I never said that Blackbeard's ridiculousness made Naruto's BS valid, it just puts thing into perspective. The HST aren't really all THAT different from each other.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Who is making OT6? And what's the title gonna be?

It's gotta be something involving all of the big 3. Though I do like "we post on Wednesdays"

Wiseblade

Wait, what? But this thread was just made yesterday.

You guys are posting too much.

If by "yesterday" you mean "5 months ago", then yes, this thread was mad "yesterday". I actually believe we've slowed down from OT4. which is understandable after being banished to community and us two no constantly posting about TLR anymore.

upandaway

If by "yesterday" you mean "5 months ago", then yes, this thread was mad "yesterday". I actually believe we've slowed down from OT4. which is understandable after being banished to community and us two no constantly posting about TLR anymore.
5 months... man. Time flies when I don't marathon anything.

Two more weeks and I can start going at it again, can't wait.

They're both equally retarded. I never said that Blackbeard's ridiculousness made Naruto's BS valid, it just puts thing into perspective. The HST aren't really all THAT different from each other.

I guess you don't read OP , DF have always been crazy with the Logia DF being super broken .
When you have people that can turn into elements that is to be expected .

Akito

I don't think a 150 x 120 size picture on the cover is anything to write home about.
It's about being on the cover at all since everyone else on there are all main characters. Besides she's as big as anyone aside from Luffy and Toriko.

dramatis

Silly Jump, still thinking Toriko is relevant
Pretty relevant if they keep pushing it. Since Bakuman ended, Toriko's now like the 7th best-selling of the current Jump manga (maybe 6th if you don't count HxH).

Kuroko's selling like a monster now though, it might surpass Toriko volume sales soon. I wonder if either of them are actually going to be able to break into the upper echelons any time soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom