• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
zeRTK.jpg

prffJ.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I get angry in real life at every KNIM chapter in which Haruto doesn't have sex with his live-in girlfriend.

survivor

Banned
Jauhara Lailah vol 1-2 End

7B0IG.png
mc82G.png

It's pretty cool how the cover for the two volumes connect together into one image. I just wish I could have cropped them better so the two pictures connect perfectly.
A good looking thief x a handsome prince, where will they get their treasure? Halvard is a country surrounded by sand and blistering winds. In here is Ghee, whose family's occupation is that of a thief. And as long as he is Royalty, for the sake of capturing Ghee, Ulapica has been pursuing Ghee. One day, by accident, the two of them fall down into some ancient ruins. Within these ruins is a secret from the founding of a nation. And to search for this treasure, they seize the key to their family's secrets...? The riddle of the treasure hunt is approaching, an Arabian romantic fantasy begins.

Action based josei manga with lots and lots of bromane and bishounen boys with two magical little girls. I read this cause the premise sounded promising and was looking forward to reading something with Arabian settings, kinda like Magi but not terrible.

The romance part was really weak and pretty terrible. I know trying to develop the relationships in 2 volumes while focusing heavily on the adventure/action is kinda hard, but this manga didn't even try. The pairing happens just cause they are the main characters and that's it, very weak. It's also kinda odd how Ulapica, a prestigious prince is a damn lolicon that falls in love with Jalamera. And for Sharali/Ghee romance, the manga doesn't even bother to develop it. It just tell us they like each other and moves on until the very end where they get married.

Oh well, while the romance was sucky, Ghee and Ulapica bickering and adventures in finding the stone gems was decent. The antagonist side was really weak and not well developed. We just get 2 pages explaining why Vinegar is after the stone gems and then she disappears. Oh and she does appear near the end reading a story to Ghee's kids which makes no god damn sense. I guess somehow she befriended Ghee and Ulapica after they found the dragon? So annoying that the author left an import detail like that unexplained.

The Outer Zone, by Mitsuhara Shin.
Thanks.

Nanika mochigatte masuka 16

Ohhhhhh shit, cop dude knows what's up. Hope these dumbshit kids get caught, but that probably won't be for a while. Of course this is Kitoh, so maybe the worst case scenario will happen and Kira wins.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Chapter 36

iEu5d.jpg

This is exactly how I feel when I revisit places from my childhood. For being a comedy, this series really hooks into fundamental human emotions so well.

Aunt Tits
This manga's insistence on dragging things out is really starting to piss me off. Jesus just FUCK already. Holy shit.

The fact that we only get 9 pages a week adds more salt to the wound.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aunt Tits

I swear to god, he's never going to actually stick it in everyone. I just know it. He'll fix their problems but never do any real plumbing.

survivor

Banned
Speaking of Minamoto, apparently in the volume release there were some extra added pages of sweet aunt tits fondling. I wonder what else was added/changed.

I would also post the added page but I don't wanna be banned

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aunt Tits
Don't you guys see? We are all Minamoto-kun, just trying to get our rocks off but we keep getting blueballed by these milfs.

It takes a truly talented author to force the audience into the protagonist's shoes. This is not just his story, this is our story as well.

Articalys

Thanks for the links. Is that the same place you heard about the Minamoto volumes?

I also noticed from those articles that Shouji Satou has an artbook coming out next week. Is Highschool of the Dead still on hiatus?

survivor

Banned
Thanks for the links. Is that the same place you heard about the Minamoto volumes?
There was an /a/ thread about Minamoto and someone there posted a page that wasn't included in any of the chapters. It should be from chapter 15, where Minamoto sucks his aunt's tits. That page was probably added in the volume release going by this blog (NSFW)

El Sloth

Banned
Beelzebub

I can't believe didn't see that coming. I'm a little disappointed Kugayama turned out to be a woman though. Yaoi shenanigans would have made for good comedy.

Wiseblade

I'm still taking suggestions for what Upandaway and I will read next (if he still wants me to decide) My only criteria are

Between 100 and 200 chapters
Moderately episodic
Nothing too creepy or smutty

Oh, and it has to be something neither of us have read, natch.

El Sloth

Banned
Going through the last few pages: I didn't even think that the top hat guy could possibly be Rob Lucci. Do we have a list of all the known guys potentially watching.

Haikyuu 6 - 18

The match was pretty hilarious with all of the first set and when Hinata blasted Kageyama in the back of his head and Tsuuki and Tanaka making those jokes. I really like Tsuuki and Tanaka's personality both get so heated or make such hilarious comments at perfect times (and when Hinata hides behind him yelling stuff too when he is poking at the other person or what not is funny too.). Oikawa Tooru is a great opponent and hope we see him again in the tournament, and the recent characters, Nishinoya is up there with Hinata for the two best characters. Overall a good series and er the first sports manga Im reading, I think looking over my list. Same issues I have with sports anime are present here, really technical and difficulty internalizing the technical terms for all the positions and the rules, and extensive focus on the manager, more screentime for the players could be given.

Dragon no Ki (one shot)
tumblr_m854b6yMlw1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The ultimate praise for any written work. Nice character designs though the facial expressions felt like they could have been improved upon. Storywise it was a different take on the childhood crush to find again as an adult and confess type story, even if it kind of didnt deliver the expected action, and Ibbei's personality is different than what I would expected of his design.

Kurita

You should read Detroit Metal City.

DTL, if you want more sports manga, just read Eyeshield 21. Funny and the characters are not bad looking.

I'm still taking suggestions for what Upandaway and I will read next (if he still wants me to decide) My only criteria are

Moderately episodic

From my MAL and that you maybe didn't read :
Bartender.
Gokusen
Kongou Banchou
Akumetsu (rape-free, I guarantee it)

One Piece

What's going on? Who threw the note at Chopper asking him not to do anything? Where is Usopp (did he throw the note)? Was it Law/Luffy's plan to actually get caught?

survivor

Banned

Moderately episodic

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan

Moderately episodic

Skip Beat

El Sloth

Banned
This is based on nothing, but I'm going to assume it was Monet who threw the note.

We don't know what Ussop and Nami are doing yet.

It was definitely not their plan to get caught, as Law notes, but it doesn't change things in his eyes anyways.

I have no idea what these are. Give me an establishing sentence.

Bartender : the story and wanderings of a bartender, said to be the best bartender in the world and who can make you the "Glass of God" (which is basically a super-duper-awesome cocktail). Loads of cocktails and stories ensues. Do not read if you're thirsty/have a bottle next to you.
Gokusen : GTO with a female teacher who's a yakuza daughter. Aimed at older femal audiences, which explains the particular drawings.
Kongou Banchou : A shonen with ridiculously overpowered high school studens who beat the crap out of each other (Bancho = the guardian of the school). Further arcs have a conspiracy in it. It's plain awesome.
Akumetsu (rape-free, I guarantee it) : A high-school student who seemingly have the power to duplicate himself goes by the name of "Akumetsu" and aims to eliminate all of Japan's troubles and corruption, by killing those responsible in the most flashy and spectacular way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom