• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Fairy Tail

It would be hilarious if Natsu can still beat dragonforced Sting and Rogue without using his own dragonforce. Not sure about Gajeel.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Pandora Hearts 30

Could only read half earlier, but now finished the chapter. Dont really understand what has been going on since they even entered the theater, I think its getting a bit too deep to me, with this Will of the Abyss that can make all possibilities happen. Only thing I clearly understood was someone took Break's eye for whatever reason he was in the abyss for, and gave it to Cheshire. I want oz to be the focus again.

The arc after this is super good.

School Ningyo 1-3 (END)

97KwD.png

Horror story about two girls who go hunting for mermaids at their school. Effectively a oneshot given its length (about 60 pages total) and on that basis it's probably my favourite oneshot I've read. Love this kind of warped stuff, particularly when it throws in a twist or two. With a bit of tweaking it could've been a Screaming Lessons chapter.

upandaway

Shiritori Legend Medaka

I'm not even gonna think about this until next chapter. No. You won't get me this time.

Karate Minoru (karamin? kamino?)

Haha holy crap. This won't end well. Minoru's face was like he got NTR'd bad.

Fairy Tail

I love me some good humiliation.
It was kind of obvious they'll be light and shadow because of the dragon names, but their functionality is really neat, with the laser and shadow stuff. Would've been nice if super saiyan was more than just super saiyan, but oh well.

From the color pages thread on MH. It's probably from this week's WSJ issue, maybe it will be available in better quality when the new chapter is released.
Yeah I don't even bother looking at Japanese sites anymore because it all shows up on MH right after

there's no time im more proud of mangaf than when some lost soul comes wondering in, with an ambiguous description of some random manga, wondering what it is. wondering if anyone knows what they may be talking about and then less than 10 posts later some savior answers their call

praise aizen
Really, if you go to other threads on GAF, most of the questions get ignored. One might slip here once in a while but usually you guys are good at this.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
TLRD

A decent enough chapter. October is so far away. :(

at least we get OVA's in 2 weeks. and then the anime in september. yay

Finalow

Fairy Fail - F
Oh, look, the hyped up antagonists are getting owned while the main characters hardly have a scratch on them because they're fighting for their "Nakama". Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, every other FT arc.
Give it a rest Hiro. These guy's have been training hard for 7 long years while Natsu gets a random plot induced power up from Ultear, which apparently puts him on such a high level it's basically rape. Woah, they've gone Dragon Force! But judging from that shitacular performance earlier they stand no chance one Natsu goes DF too. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even push Natsu that far considering how crap Hiro is at fight scences.
We all know this'll end with a Nakama Punch, and we all know that's how all arcs will end.

Also Rogue, you have a Katana. Use it.
so true. :(
but hey, we might be near the end since dragons are involved. let's hope so.

PK Gaming

Medaka Box

I had to read that chapter twice to understand what's going on. So this elusive professor was simply her "uncle" and her real father was a womanizer... lmao. I wonder what Medaka means by not playing the game.

The author only needs to have Ajimu and Kumagawa SAY something, at least one per chapter to make it instantly better haha

Kakeru on the cover, nice, I didnt realize Area no Kishi was in the same mag as Fairy Tail.

Fairy Tail

Definitely exceeded my high expectations. Mashima really made it clean and easy to follow with great intense action and even making it hard to support either Sting or Natsu. It would be great if he could match Natsu in power just a tiny notch under but still cool movies and that laser was awesome.

Gajeel and Rogue was good too.

Akito

Claymore out .

I continue to be very confused.
I thought it was a straight forward chapter, Clare reacted to Raki and decided to come out. The patched up front side of the claymore is what I find very weird, how come they don't bleed to death?

Kurita

Takamagahara
That guy can mummify people and absorb their power. The art was good, his face was creepy as hell.
Hope this manga doesn't get cancelled, I really like it.

Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga 10-12

Glad to see an update, but not so glad to read what was basically just 3 chapters of generic MMO crap. Hoping these two'll be finished soon so we can get onto a more interesting 'couple'.

Fairy Tail

It would be hilarious if Natsu can still beat dragonforced Sting and Rogue without using his own dragonforce. Not sure about Gajeel.

You did not notice that both Natsu and Gajeel were barely trying? They will beat them without dragon force. Natsu still has his lightning fire attack. And Gajeel still has his iron soul. Sting and Rogue have been hyped up too much that they won´t live up to the hype. Though releasing dragon force by themselves is a huge feature.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Toriko - A
That's how it's done. Each King is equally as fun to watch and story just got more interesting with that dried up Nitro. Shame Toriko's opponent has the lowest capture level, but hell, I'm just happy to see all the Kings finally go all out. I think Sunny stole the show with his mad awesome extended reach, but I'm looking forward to Coco's new poison and Zebra's new punching (?) techniques, hopefully, next chapter.

gunbo13

Localization as in they aren't translating words that have an equivalent in English.
Like bocchan, yakuza, aniki, and ojou?

Well...it's weird because those are all like standard words in the anime/manga dictionary. But for someone who doesn't read/watch a lot, they wouldn't make sense. I see your point but it appears the translation just takes this stuff for granted. Like Nisekoi readers would be familiar with them...

...they are probably mostly right.

survivor

Banned

Well...it's weird because those are all like standard words in the anime/manga dictionary. But for someone who doesn't read/watch a lot, they wouldn't make sense. I see your point but it appears the translation just takes this stuff for granted. Like Nisekoi readers would be familiar with them...

I only know what yakuza and aniki mean and I read/watch a lot of manga/anime

I have failed as a weaboo

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Toriko - A
That's how it's done. Each King is equally as fun to watch and story just got more interesting with that dried up Nitro. Shame Toriko's opponent has the lowest capture level, but hell, I'm just happy to see all the Kings finally go all out. I think Sunny stole the show with his mad awesome extended reach, but I'm looking forward to Coco's new poison and Zebra's new punching (?) techniques, hopefully, next chapter.

I don't like how cocky you're getting proclaiming Sani as the best in the chapter.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Dude I know all of the words they're using. There is no reason they can't use Brother/Bro for Aniki and Lady/Miss for Ojou-sama depending on the situation. Yakuza can stay the same because it has a cultural relevance.

Kurita

Dude I know all of the words they're using. There is no reason they can't use Brother/Bro for Aniki and Lady/Miss for Ojou-sama depending on the situation. Yakuza can stay the same because it has a cultural relevance.

Can't say I disagree. It's pointless to keep words that have a translation.
The worst being "nakama".

Dresden

Sorry, 'nakama' is a term fraught with cultural relevations that are too important to scrunchion away in the name of localelizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom