• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

I suppose there aren't any good vampire manga besides Hellsing :(
If you're looking for something light-hearted rather than serious, you could try Chibi Vampire (is known as Karin in moon).
Choosing between Aoi and Hilda is so hard :|
Aoi = Hilda. No need to choose man, more is better. /harem antics
I never said it was supposed to be long. Now it's time for you to embrace shota elf and read Ubel Blatt

Vampire Knight
Dance in the Vampire Bund
In Bura
Crimezone
Blood Lad

This may or may not be a serious recommendation. There is only one way for you to find out.

You should've added Rosario + Vampire as a serious recommendation.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It's like no one is taking My Boyfriend is a Vampire seriously. :(

Just read the description!

Being beautiful is never easy, especially if you're an eighteen year old boy like Gene who is constantly mistaken for a girl because of his delicate good looks. Gene is, in fact, anything but delicate. He is the ringleader of a group of tough kids in an all boy's school, and he's quick to beat the living daylights out of anyone who even hints that he resembles a girl.

If that wasn't hard enough for a regular teenage guy to cope with, his life is about to take a shocking turn for the worse. When Gene stumbles upon strange happenings in the forest, he gets sucked into a world of vampire intrigue and sinister romance that he never knew existed. And he learns that there are worse things than being turned into a vampire: being turned into a girl?!

upandaway

Whats everyones theories about the devil fruit showing up?

Do they just appear in areas of craziness at random? Something to do with the huge explosion of power??
Could be anything. Could be Smiley just died which made the fruit go, could be that specifically Zoan objects have their fruit leave like that when they "break", and it could be that the candy had some anti-DF function that causes a DF to leave the body (or any combination of the above).

And yeah Caesar definitely set up the apples. I assume he knows as much as Vegapunk or slightly less.

Hmm i'll wait for this then finish it off and i wonder if its intentional or not plus how will the ending deal with that.

While i heard something fucked up happened to one of the characters i will still power on through.

Yeah i used to read it a while ago also , will wait for it to done and finish it off also .

Taruranto

Time to clear my manga backlog. Too much shit i read but i can't help to care at this point.

So far i decided to drop Claymore (i don't even know what's going on anymore, and the author inability to drawn different faces definitely doesn't help) and Break Blade.

gunbo13

No it didn't. It kept being good. It only upped the ante on political vampire drama since they left the school.
That whole
assassin in the sewers bit
was awful. So poorly paced and had some serious stretch moments. Plus the whole "reason" behind it was equally bad. Then you had the bishounen who decided to get
raped
or whatever. Combined with lolidom antics, it was enough for me to put it down.

Esch

Banned
Blood and Steel 27

Lao Lianzhou is a beast

sLIHql.jpg

Naruto

Good chapter, I missed the classic Kakashi battles where he analyzes and figures an opponent out. This chapter confirms that Tobi is using Obito's eye. He could still potentially be someone else, someone that it makes more sense to want to control the world. Kakashi would be upset that this person violated his friend and took the other eye which would justify Kakashi being there, if not as much as if Tobi is Obito. That said, it could also be Obito for the full drama between he and Kakashi, but Kishi would both have to come up with how Obito's body recovered as well as his motives for controlling the world, not coming back to the leaf, etc. etc. Seems the former theory would fit much better without a bunch of potential plot holes. Admittedly, any other character wouldn't have as grand an impact on fans as they would most likely be a new character such as Madara's younger brother as an example. I guess we'll see. I wouldn't put it past Kishi to make it Obito and have some inadequate answers for the aforementioned questions.

One Piece

Interesting development with the fruit. Lots of speculation can be had on if it's a transference as we've always been led to believe that the fruit just grows somewhere else after the holder does. I suppose we have never been given a lot of information on devil fruits and I was never sure if Oda would bother explaining them more, or if it's just a series constant that you accept as part of the world and it's not a focal point beyond being a power up for people in the world. Hopefully we get a detailed explanation soon. As for the note Chopper received, that has to be Monet. Law got me excited at the end, time for the counter attack, indeed! I imagine Kidd will end up teaming with them again as I can't imagine any other purpose for him and Caesar is assaulting the entire island.

Reborn

Looks like Reborn is heading in the direction of past shounens where most of the characters that were decently strong and contributed earlier in the series, have now become useless. Gokudera or whatever his name is and the sword guy couldn't even attempt to delay their opponent, instantly had their weapons destroyed. Pathetic. Lucky for them the hyper trio showed up but yeah, if Tsuna's family all becomes worthless, how much longer will this series go on? I already mentioned it felt like we're nearing the end anyway with the Arcebelano and Vindice plots both being fully explained and resolved this arc. Not really anything left besides making Tsuna the official Mafia boss.

Still need to read HSDK and Fairy Tail if it's out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Since TWGOK's release was already announced, my impressions:

Honestly, I think this is kind of boring and confusing. I don't have any clue what is going on and its taking a long time to get there.

Naruto

Good chapter, I missed the classic Kakashi battles where he analyzes and figures an opponent out. This chapter confirms that Tobi is using Obito's eye. He could still potentially be someone else, someone that it makes more sense to want to control the world. Kakashi would be upset that this person violated his friend and took the other eye which would justify Kakashi being there, if not as much as if Tobi is Obito. That said, it could also be Obito for the full drama between he and Kakashi, but Kishi would both have to come up with how Obito's body recovered as well as his motives for controlling the world, not coming back to the leaf, etc. etc. Seems the former theory would fit much better without a bunch of potential plot holes. Admittedly, any other character wouldn't have as grand an impact on fans as they would most likely be a new character such as Madara's younger brother as an example. I guess we'll see. I wouldn't put it past Kishi to make it Obito and have some inadequate answers for the aforementioned questions.
Tobi clearly has regenerating powers similar to Zetsu's, which explains how he could be alive pretty easily.

Older volumes sell a lot. Take 2011 for example

545,045 ONE PIECE 1
514,178 ONE PIECE 2
496,453 ONE PIECE 3
474,452 ONE PIECE 4
471,049 ONE PIECE 5
460,862 ONE PIECE 6
454,444 ONE PIECE 7
449,652 ONE PIECE 8
443,987 ONE PIECE 9
442,765 ONE PIECE 10
434,146 ONE PIECE 11
429,578 ONE PIECE 12
422,833 ONE PIECE 13
420,052 ONE PIECE 15
421,681 ONE PIECE 18

Do you have Naruto and Bleach numbers for the first volumes in 2011?

upandaway

Arachnid

I'm so ready for this fight. Just give it to me.

It doesn't look like one kick will be enough for this guy.

TWGOK

Buggy demon :lol Elsie you are the best sidekick.

That's the other ball anyway, so there we go. But not a lot really happened.

Buyuden

It really doesn't look like Moka will lose weight any time soon. This is ridiculous. I'm angry.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

The first 3 parts are all about vampires.

But I've already read the first 3 parts. Why must you insult me?

Vampire Hunter D is really good

After reading the first 3 volumes on Comixology I've decided to pick up the novels instead. They are somewhat confusing imo.

I never said it was supposed to be long. Now it's time for you to embrace shota elf and read Ubel Blatt

bu-but... he looks so lame :(

Vampire Knight
In Bura
Crimezone
Blood Lad

This may or may not be a serious recommendation. There is only one way for you to find out.

I won't be tricked twice by Vampire Knight.

I think these are good, though they are different from something like Hellsing (well, Dance has its share of action):

Vampir
Black Rose Alice

Vampir sounds good, Black Rose Alice I might have to check out as well... Dance in the Vampire Bund... Categories: Fake Loli... uuuh?

If you're looking for something light-hearted rather than serious, you could try Chibi Vampire (is known as Karin in moon).

Nah, I was looking for more serious stuff. I'm already reading Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and catching up with Gintama for my less-serious urge.

Blood and Steel 27

Lao Lianzhou is a beast

sLIHql.jpg

Oh this looks good.

Lain

That whole
assassin in the sewers bit
was awful. So poorly paced and had some serious stretch moments. Plus the whole "reason" behind it was equally bad. Then you had the bishounen who decided to get
raped
or whatever. Combined with lolidom antics, it was enough for me to put it down.

I didn't find the sewers bit awful personally, but sure I can see that.
Angie I didn't like too much and found his actions and motivation to be a bit lacking/offputing, though I don't remember him "deciding" to do that, it's something I'd have to grab the volumes and reread.

But all the vampire political stuff, with the clans plotting to get to Mina and Mina trying to keep her real form a secret from them because otherwise she'd end like the previous female vampires etc is still pretty interesting and especially with the latest revelations, volume 12 particularly with the closing scene as Mina
finds a sleeping woman behind a locked door in the ancient vampire ruins that looks exactly like her true vampire form

Vampir sounds good, Black Rose Alice I might have to check out as well... Dance in the Vampire Bund... Categories: Fake Loli... uuuh?

Yeah, Mina, the vampire queen, follows the cliché of being really old, but being trapped in a loli body with all that usually entails (she does lots of questionable/creepy things), though in this particular case that cliché is at least used for specific plot reasons.

Just FYI, Viz is doing 20% off all volumes on their e-store (web/iOS/Android cross compatible). That means 4 bucks for most of the regular volumes, 8 bucks for stuff like Solanin. I still prefer print when I can get it but it's a good deal on stuff I might not normally consider (plus there's always the free first chapter previews)

Tobi clearly has regenerating powers similar to Zetsu's, which explains how he could be alive pretty easily.

So you think a flashback with zetsu stumbling upon Obito will be the explanation? Guess I forgot about the regeneration, I don't recall him actually taking a hit yet for some reason.

survivor

Banned
Taiyou no Ie 14

Mao confronted Radical and told her about everything, SHIT GOT REAL. So many emotions in this chapter. Seriously, I feel sorry for Radical cause she is probably gonna lose to Mao at the end. God damn it. Just let her be happy and stop clinging to a guy 10 years older than you.

This whole cell phone novels writing subplot is sorta lost on me. I need to reread the older chapters to check whose writing what.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So you think a flashback with zetsu stumbling upon Obito will be the explanation? Guess I forgot about the regeneration, I don't recall him actually taking a hit yet for some reason.

Orochimaru.

CoilShot

I needed a bit of help with this. I was trying to read the manga of Haruhi Suzumiya but the problem is I dont know where to start at. There are so many different titles like this:

The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Can someone please explain this to me?

survivor

Banned
I needed a bit of help with this. I was trying to read the manga of Haruhi Suzumiya but the problem is I dont know where to start at. There are so many different titles like this:

These are the titles for the light novel series, not the manga. The manga is just called The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and then has different volume numbers.

Just for illustrations, this is what the manga looks like and this is the order of the light novels

Angry Grimace

I'm surprised anyone bothers with it after Endless Eight trolling.

Arachnid 21

Glad to see tiger beetle getting taken out already. NEW CHALLENGER seems a bit more interesting.

Hajimete no Aku 148

Don't usually care much about this series, but this chapter made me sad face.

Also fuck yes, the last chapter of Necromancer is out so I can finally pick it up again. If I wasn't already half-asleep I'd marathon it now.

Veelk

Banned
Does anyone know what would be the best way to get the story of Haruhi Suzamiya? Should I read the books, the manga, or watch the anime?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does anyone know what would be the best way to get the story of Haruhi Suzamiya? Should I read the books, the manga, or watch the anime?
Watch season 1.

Skip season 2.

Watch the movie.

ryan13ts

Fairy Tail:

Wow, Sabertooth got their asses stomped. I'm glad that wasn't the end of the the fight though, otherwise it would have been pretty lame. And we finally find out Sting and Rouge's dragon elements, and it wasn't what I was expecting at all. Holy (or Light) and Darkness? I was expecting something closer to Ice and Earth, but I guess I'm a little bit surprised. Hopefully we'll get to see some other cool attacks from these two, before they get put down permanently of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom