• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You could try Eden: It's an Endless World!

Aunt Tits Wall of Shame

A Huge Battleship
ColossalLazy
Envelope
flawfuls
gunbo
Haly
scy
Stat Flow
survivor
Tribes of Trusty
upandaway
Zekes!

If your name is not on the list then you are either not shameless enough to post about it or I missed your Aunt Tits post

Hey, I've posted about it enough for you to not forget me :/

Articalys

Liar Game 152

As usual with the liar game, this is getting a bit tricky to follow, but I guess this is where things stand:

-three players don't have any cards right now, including Nao
-Harimoto is out of coins and can't gain anything from the change session, but he already has a flush as the best hand among his cards
-however, Akiyama also has a flush, and at a higher value than Harimoto's

So where things will go from here... who knows.

Haly

I feel like some anti-depressant close by make for a better reading experience.
God no, why would you ever want to diminish the soul crushing experience that is Eden?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
nisekoi 19 -

it's over.

Onodera move on the fuck over.

Chitoge move on the fuck over.

The queen is here.

fipci.png

What?

flawfuls

Shoukoku no Altair vol 1-4

Anyone else reading this? Concept wise it's pretty similar to Magi in that it is a shounen manga with a similar middle eastern setting, various countries and an empire trying to take over. Unlike Magi there is nothing like magic, it operates on a more political scale (which is pretty damn rare and should really be done more often) and it doesn't sufferer from that painfully optimistic "friendship concurs all" worldview. It's pretty great. The artwork is great for a shounen and it all seems very well thought out so far.

Zekes!

The courage to swallow your shame.

*triforce of courage appears on all our hands*

I read earlier Non Non Biyori...it's a simple slice of life revolving around a class of 5 (of varying grades) out in the boonies. It's cute, though nothing special. It's seems like releases are far and in between though.

Haly

Cool, I needed something to read after Aunt Tits, and while this doesn't look quite as titteriffic the art has me intrigued.

Haly

They ruined Yuri and whats-her-name isn't even a significant character.

I was kinda hoping that we fall under the same category of TV-GAF but who knows. Now that sportsgaf got moved, no one is safe.

Wait we might be moving? hmmmmm

This one I think.

The answer would be that the author is shameful, the characters are shameful, and we are shameless for enjoying it. But that doesn't mean we aren't men of taste and distinction. ;)

But wall of shame indicates the members on it are ashamed of them selves?

Should be the wall of not giving a fuck.

The world´s largest camel toe. Damn you Dresden.

GODDAMMIT man LOL

gunbo13

But wall of shame indicates the members on it are ashamed of them selves?

Should be list of not giving a fuck.
I think that's the true name of the list (I think it is safe to say I at least don't give a fuck). Survivor must be doing some ironic challenging society thing. He's deep like that.

Jigokuren - Love in the Hell

This is the best concept for a comedy that takes place in hell ever. I cracked up like 5 times in the first few chapters. The sin system is great and the culture of hell is actually entertaining to learn about.

Definitely gonna stick with this.

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 3-5

Well, that certainly didn't stay a secret for very long. Curious to see if this trick will work with other people though...

survivor

Banned
Jigokuren - Love in the Hell

This is the best concept for a comedy that takes place in hell ever. I cracked up like 5 times in the first few chapters. The sin system is great and the culture of hell is actually entertaining to learn about.

Definitely gonna stick with this.

I wanna work in Amazombie

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 3-5

Well, that certainly didn't stay a secret for very long. Curious to see if this trick will work with other people though...

It probably will, I just can't see them milking the ability on only the 2 characters.

Haly

Shoukoku no Altair:
I'd like more protagonists that don't go "OMG A WOMAN IN MY HOME, GO AWAY, I'M GOING TO SLEEP ON THE COUCH".

Like Koinzell.

Belief & Sex

Can you really get arrested for not wearing any underwear in public?

No, you can't, not unless you aren't wearing any other clothing below the waist or if you're wearing clothing so skimpy it doesn't actually cover anything or something.

Also, when reading that chapter, I thought it'd end like it did, with her actually having underwear on... he was obsessing over it way too much for it to actually be true.

That's the one with the writer lady that makes her own daughters do indecent stuff to get inspiration for her novels, right?

Yup. It's kind of amusing at times, but mostly stupid. It was just entertaining enough for me to have read all of what's translated so far, though. Basically the main character is kind of an idiot, the writer woman's exploitative of her children and him, and the three girls are all too willing to go along with her.

... It could be a lot worse, though! Minamoto-kun Monogatari has a superficially slightly similar concept (moving in with female(s), guy who's scared of girls, ecchi stuff, etc.), but this one's vastly superior to that hentai-wannabe travesty.

Agree to that. Though, this doesn't deny that the big pubs have been pushing their way around for a while and has been ramping up over the years.

The linked linked link about Akamatsu talking to Matsumoto (KOR) is quite nice though.
You're right about that, publishers trying to steal the rights away from the authors, who rightfully should have them, is a problem.

For Negima though, seriously, even in that last chapter he could have saved the ending! He willfully chose to not bother to actually end the series. The only question is, why... :(

Vampire Knight is much better than Twilight.

For one, it's just a typical shoujo story but with vampire flavoring.

Twilight is something entirely.
This is entirely true, yes. Vampire Knight's not so bad (I've only seen the first season of the anime, but it wasn't that bad...), but Twilight? That's something else entirely.

Zekes!

I still hope
Aikawa was a girl all along
just for the massive troll potential

I think I like it better if
he is actually a guy. W-wait, does this mean I'm in to yaoi?!!!!!!
... It could be a lot worse, though! Minamoto-kun Monogatari has a superficially slightly similar concept (moving in with female(s), guy who's scared of girls, ecchi stuff, etc.), but this one's vastly superior to that hentai-wannabe travesty.

You did not just say Belief & Sex is better than Aunt Tits, hell noooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom