• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Also, interbreeding in order to maintain "purity of blood" is a well known phenomenon in aristocracy and royalty. As vampires, they have better reason for keeping their blood pure (blood = control = power) than, say, the British Royal Family. If they're not producing downs babies, what's the harm in a little incest?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Minamoto Kunsomethingsomething: Chapters 1-15: D
OUBLE D TITS BOIIIIIIIIIIII

I...what...what the fuck?

2ZCc7.png

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

survivor

Banned
Aunt Tits Wall of Shame

A Huge Battleship
ColossalLazy
Envelope
flawfuls
gunbo
Haly
scy
Stat Flow
survivor
Tribes of Trusty
upandaway
Zekes!

If your name is not on the list then you are either not shameless enough to post about it or I missed your Aunt Tits post

Haly

And everyone on it is a man of taste and distinction.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Aye son. I rep that list now. No hating on it.

Now I am finally about to start Shingeki No Kyojin. I've put it off for too long. After that, Solanin.

Steroyd

Aunt Tits Wall of Shame

A Huge Battleship
ColossalLazy
Envelope
flawfuls
gunbo
Haly
scy
Stat Flow
survivor
Tribes of Trusty
upandaway
Zekes!

If your name is not on the list then you are either not shameless enough to post about it or I missed your Aunt Tits post

Might as well pre-emptively put me on the list, I feel it's only a matter of time. D:

Damn this thread is a bad influence.

Haly

No is Yes.

Bad is Good.

Ignorance is Strength.

genjiZERO

Anyone have any recommendations on mature complete intellectually stimulating (preferably science fiction, uncensored and unflipped) manga?

As a side... is Bleach worth checking out? I really liked the first couple of story arcs for the anime, but never gave the manga a chance.

Dresden

Anyone have any recommendations on mature complete intellectually stimulating (preferably science fiction, uncensored and unflipped) manga?

As a side... is Bleach worth checking out? I really liked the first couple of story arcs for the anime, but never gave the manga a chance.

1. Kidou Ryodan Hachifukujin

2. No.

survivor

Banned

Have you read Planetes?

Also if you don't mind post some examples of what you consider mature manga so I can know where you coming from

Well if you already checked out the anime, might as well finish with it as it is a great adaptation of the source. I honestly didnt find much interest in actually reading the first bleach arc soul society, in the manga (art is pretty not good at that point in time, Ichigo...), but from the arc after soul society volume 22, I still watched and followed the manga. I think its worth checking out but one will probably finish all of the manga in just three days since its a fast read. Really the anime does a good job.

Anyone have any recommendations on mature complete intellectually stimulating (preferably science fiction, uncensored and unflipped) manga

Knights of Sidonia, although I dont know if it is intelectually stimulating.
Mobile Suit Gundam MSV-R: Johnny Ridden no Kikan, its premise is about investigating the war and its machines , the protagonist is a mature one.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Continue with the anime. It's good. Even though I like Bleach in manga form (it's a quick/easy read), the anime adaptation is better for consumption. Just be sure to avoid all filler.

genjiZERO

1. Kidou Ryodan Hachifukujin

2. No.

Thanks!

Have you read Planetes?

Also if you don't mind post some examples of what you consider mature manga so I can know where you coming from

No, but I've watched the first couple of episodes of the anime. It's interesting, but I was hoping for something with a more complete story arc - like the entire story was planned from the beginning. Both Ghost in the Shell and Nausicaa are mature (even though they are very different). So not specifically seinen.... I guess I'm looking for something that's thought provoking... Manga for a Radiohead fan if you know what I mean.

Well if you already checked out the anime, might as well finish with it as it is a great adaptation of the source. I honestly didnt find much interest in actually reading the first bleach arc soul society, in the manga (art is pretty not good at that point in time, Ichigo...), but from the arc after soul society volume 22, I still watched and followed the manga. I think its worth checking out but one will probably finish all of the manga in just three days since its a fast read. Really the anime does a good job.

hmmmm I may just have to check it out. I read some of the manga back in the day when Shonen Jump (US) was publishing it. I didn't think the art was too bad personally. Three days is pretty good too - I'm looking for quick reads.

Collosallasy said:
Knights of Sidonia, although I dont know if it is intelectually stimulating.
Mobile Suit Gundam MSV-R: Johnny Ridden no Kikan, its premise is about investigating the war and its machines , the protagonist is a mature one.

Sounds good... when I was younger I preferred martial arts manga, but I've had an itching for technology stuff for a while.

survivor

Banned
No, but I've watched the first couple of episodes of the anime. It's interesting, but I was hoping for something with a more complete story arc - like the entire story was planned from the beginning. Both Ghost in the Shell and Nausicaa are mature (even though they are very different). So not specifically seinen.... I guess I'm looking for something that's thought provoking... Manga for a Radiohead fan if you know what I mean.

I'm guessing by complete story arc you mean something that isn't episodic? Cause Planetes does start having a long story arc instead of just weekly adventures.

Also take a look at Pluto if you haven't. It's pretty good too.

PK Gaming

Aunt Tits Wall of Shame

A Huge Battleship
ColossalLazy
Envelope
flawfuls
gunbo
Haly
scy
Stat Flow
survivor
Tribes of Trusty
upandaway
Zekes!

*Shakes his head* We're still talking about this?

Especially survivor. I don't know how can you read something so abominable, then have the gal to rag on stuff like Naruto and Bleach. When you endorse that, I think its safe to say your argument from now on is invalid.

survivor

Banned
*Shakes his head* We're still talking about this?

Especially survivor. I don't know how can you read something so abominable, then have the gal to rag on stuff like Naruto and Bleach. When you endorse that, I think its safe to say your argument from now on is invalid.

I think there is a big difference between what I read and what I consider good.

And for what it's worth, no, Aunt Tits isn't a good manga. It just has a ridiculous concept and I want to see how far they can go along with it without getting boring.

genjiZERO

I'm guessing by complete story arc you mean something that isn't episodic? Cause Planetes does start having a long story arc instead of just weekly adventures.

Also take a look at Pluto if you haven't. It's pretty good too.

yeah that's what I mean. I want something that reads like a novel. I'll give Planetes another go. It seemed like a cool premise, but was moving just a little slow. I just watched Eve no Jikan which was really fantastic. I like manga/anime that questions what it means to exist, and Japanese storytellers do that fantastically.

survivor

Banned
yeah that's what I mean. I want something that reads like a novel. I'll give Planetes another go. It seemed like a cool premise, but was moving just a little slow. I just watched Eve no Jikan which was really fantastic. I like manga/anime that questions what it means to exist, and Japanese storytellers do that fantastically.

Then read Pluto now. It's pretty much Eve no Jikan but told as a classic detective story.

There is also The Music of Marie but I take it you are only looking for licensed material?

Lain

I've read some chapters of Aunt Tits some days ago, but haven't felt the pull to post about it. I need to get to the the part in which some real action happens, not just some groping, I guess.

genjiZERO

Then read Pluto now. It's pretty much Eve no Jikan but told as a classic detective story.

There is also The Music of Marie but I take it you are only looking for licensed material?

Perfect! I've been feeling detective stories lately too... I'll read this next. I don't care really if it's licensed or not - just as long as it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom