• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revolutionary Girl Utena

PmzoY.jpg

Hahahaha so brutal. It looks like she is about to give him a pity kiss, but instead she drinks his bitter tears and tells him clearly that he is totally friendzoned.

Why does those two remind me of 009 and 003 from Cyborg 009. o_O

flawfuls

Utena End

This whole thing was blasphemy. Nanami was only ever mentioned and never actually showed and Juri wasn't a lesbian.

survivor

Banned
Wow didnt realize it was out long ago. And yes that was stupid, although the way it was delivered was soul crushing to who survived except for one guy. Now to the next round.

I'm hoping they take a breather now to explain some stuff or something. Constant rounds of random deaths can't hold my attention for a long time.

I'm hoping they take a breather now to explain some stuff or something. Constant rounds of random deaths can't hold my attention for a long time.

I believe they will take a breather although i doubt they will explain anything haha. It would be insteresting that the games in other nations were different since they were in Japan their games were themed in Japan culture, so in other country in their respective culture.

PK Gaming

You know it

Real talk, Mim is a really good character. He got put through his paces and lost, but his legacy got passed down to Shu's. It's all up to him.

iavi

It's the same composer.

All I need to hear. In for the Hiroyuki.

---

The Breaker: New Waves

Too many words in this chapter. I don't really care about the murim politics, I just want to see the murim knock each other out. On that note, there has to be a serious side-effect to those KI restoring pills Shioon's been downing without remorse. Just have a few drinks, kid.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Battle Royale

http://i.imgur.com/UnEqv.jpg?1?3579[img][/QUOTE]

The decision to change the artwork into something [B]completely unfathomable[/B] on its sequel is one of the most baffling decisions I have ever seen in my history of manga reading.

I mean, not even W-T-F is enough to explain my baffled-ness.

From that to THIS?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/i6Pq0.jpg

Kusagari

For some reason I read all of Magico today.

This shit is going to get cancelled isn't it? Feels like a Jump manga that gets cancelled.

Dresden

The decision to change the artwork into something completely unfathomable on its sequel is one of the most baffling decisions I have ever seen in my history of manga reading.

From that to THIS?

[

artistic vision!

upandaway

For some reason I read all of Magico today.

This shit is going to get cancelled isn't it? Feels like a Jump manga that gets cancelled.
ST&RS should be fine for another month at least, and Magico's not doing that bad that I can see. But I guess they'll cancel it if it's not going anywhere?

In any case the concept/setting could do a lot more than they did in execution. They kinda dropped the ball a bit.

The decision to change the artwork into something completely unfathomable on its sequel is one of the most baffling decisions I have ever seen in my history of manga reading.

From that to THIS?

It's from the Alien 9 person. You can't really expect an art style like the original.

PK Gaming

You guessed it... Battle Royale

Live in the moment, FUCK yeah. I don't think i've felt this hyped in a manga in a loooong time. Damn, Sugi beating that bastard was just the single best moment in the whole entire manga.

This is the climax for me, the defining chapter for Battle Royale. It's been a long ride, but I finally made it. The moment.

nraGI.jpg

Out comes the bad and in comes the good. Can you say "dead meat" boys and girls? I knew you could... Gonna stop for tonight. Hope the author doesn't troll me and bring him back to life.

Hmm... I kinda want to read the book right now with PK going bonkers over the manga (which of course was great). Anyway...

UDDUP vol. 10

I felt no tension at all in the last two volumes, which is a bit disappointing. You just know that there's no real danger when Haruna is around. Mamoru having killed his own teacher in a fight was a meh revelation, not in what it was, but how it was handled. I find it hard to care about anyone right now, dunno...

Also:

Juliet vs. Sierra "You don't understand my feelings!" - "No, you don't understand my feelings!" was unnecessary and cheesy. Motorcycle guy is annoying. Genda needs more screentime and more fights against Mamoru.

JoJo Part 1 END

YES. Awesome stuff. The fight was ridiculously good and Dio is/was such a fantastic villain. JoJo dying that way was definitely unexpected. Love the new MC but I find it kinda strange that he made someone with 0 personality the new main villain. We'll see.

Lain

Ghost Talkers Monophobia Vol 1
df473b17674afe6fe3e95ea498a25bf75cd67766.png

So, this is a mix of horror/mystery with the supernatural (like ghosts) in the backdrop influencing certain events. For a first volume it is nice enough, I guess.
The protagonist being a girl already makes me like it. The twist about her and her twin brother's spirit being in the same body and switching around is nothing new, but it works, especially with her being able to see ghosts but being weak, and him unable to see them but able to fight.
So far what I like most about this though is the art and a bit of the atmosphere. Oh, and the nurse is damn hot.

upandaway

@ Big One

I'd imagine logically the young peeps will be watching the anime instead.

Besides, it makes sense for the percentages to move when the series gets older (since the old fans don't drop it). I'm more interested in numbers than percentages.

(and dammit lain, stop picking series i can't read, then say they have hot nurses)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Shingeki No Kyojin (Chapters 1 & 2)

I finally started this.

Well, it is fun. I'm interested. The art is kind of "eh?" but it's not bad enough to take away from an intriguing plotline. I can see this might get a little messy in the future.

On to chapter 3.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow you read fast.
70% of the panels are people screaming their heads off. I'm breezing through most of it.

Not to mention the author's habit of zooming in on a character's face over 2-3 panels.

flawfuls

70% of the panels are people screaming their heads off. I'm breezing through most of it.

Not to mention the author's habit of zooming in on a character's face over 2-3 panels.

Haha I guess that is true. Umezu is Fukumoto class at wasting page space.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fourteen END:
I don't normally support banning things, and I think the tokyo thing is stupid as hell but...

Fourteen should not exist. And the author should be locked up for his own safety.

Fourteen is also everything you don't do when you're telling a story.

Reknoc

Shingeki No Kyojin (Chapters 1 & 2)

I finally started this.

Well, it is fun. I'm interested. The art is kind of "eh?" but it's not bad enough to take away from an intriguing plotline. I can see this might get a little messy in the future.

On to chapter 3.

I think the art is kinda awful, at least for any of the humans. I do think he has a knack for drawing the titans and making them look as simple yet frightening as possible.

gunbo13

UDDUP vol. 10

I felt no tension at all in the last two volumes, which is a bit disappointing. You just know that there's no real danger when Haruna is around. Mamoru having killed his own teacher in a fight was a meh revelation, not in what it was, but how it was handled. I find it hard to care about anyone right now, dunno...
It rectifies itself shortly after, at least IMO. It shifts away from the back-stories to more of a battle royal. Here comes the black squad... It is a ridiculous upcoming setting/premise but it is awesome for lolz. UDDUP sort of went, "hey we did story, now let's bring this shit into the arena."

JoJo Part 1 END

YES. Awesome stuff. The fight was ridiculously good and Dio is/was such a fantastic villain. JoJo dying that way was definitely unexpected. Love the new MC but I find it kinda strange that he made someone with 0 personality the new main villain. We'll see.

Wow that's some fast reading sir, might want to pace yourself?

survivor

Banned
Fourteen END:
I don't normally support banning things, and I think the tokyo thing is stupid as hell but...

Fourteen should not exist. And the author should be locked up for his own safety.

Fourteen is also everything you don't do when you're telling a story.

haha

It's masterpiece of storytelling. Your body just wan't ready for it

It rectifies itself shortly after, at least IMO. It shifts away from the back-stories to more of a battle royal. Here comes the black squad... It is a ridiculous upcoming setting/premise but it is awesome for lolz. UDDUP sort of went, "hey we did story, now let's bring this shit into the arena."

I hope so, because that's the most enjoyable part of the manga. Gonna read 1 or 2 volumes later this evening.

Wow that's some fast reading sir, might want to pace yourself?

How do you expect me not to read JoJo when it's so awesome?!

All kidding aside, I have to finish Until Death Do Us Part and Mushishi for that manga bet and Fourteen first. After that I'll take my time with JoJo.

Reknoc

All kidding aside, I have to finish Until Death Do Us Part and Mushishi for that manga bet and Fourteen first. After that I'll take my time with JoJo.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, you'll soon be taking your time with it when you get to Steel Ball Run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom