• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbo13

Argh, such filth.

I seriously hope none of you hentai watch that crap
BLpQT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BLpQT.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Im not falling for that again.

[B]Until Death Do Us Part (caught up)[/B]

Really good series. The fights are awesome and the combination of martial arts and technology is pretty cool.
The addition of characters of [URL="http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6182"]Yami no Aegis[/URL] and [URL="http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6699"]Jesus[/URL] not as cameos but as a integral part of the plot makes it even better.
The only thing I find odd is that UDDUP is written by a different author than Yami no Aegis and Jesus.

survivor

Banned
Bakuman

So Saiko and Shujin want to stick to their integrity and end the manga when they desire instead of dragging it out for the anime? So then why the fuck aren't Ohba and Obata following that advice and end Bakuman long time ago?

But whatever, I don't need to complain. Anything they do to end this faster is fine by me.

1. Can someone recommend me some manly series in the vein of Sanctuary, Fist of the North Star etc.?

2. Is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure good? Can someone give me a run-down of the series? It seems to be quite the clusterfuck...

upandaway

2. Is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure good? Can someone give me a run-down of the series? It seems to be quite the clusterfuck...
Really insane unique powers (goes from Ueki-level power usage to the level of paradoxes in symmetrical docking with other paradoxes), lots of mindgame in the fights, awesome quotes, etc. I personally think it's basically to the old shonen what One Piece is to the new post-DBZ shonen (nobody kill me for this, please, God's Beard STAY. STAY!) in terms of building on charted territory and perfecting it, at least for the first 4 parts, then it gets a bit more serious.

Also it's really really good. It's really long but that's a given when it covers an entire legacy. It's not drawn out or anything. And no clusterfuck, just read in order.

Sun-Ken Rock.

I already know Sun-Ken Rock but.. it hasn't really caught me. I'll give it another try, eventually.

Really insane unique powers (goes from Ueki-level power usage to the level of paradoxes in symmetrical docking with other paradoxes), lots of mindgame in the fights, awesome quotes, etc. I personally think it's basically to the old shonen what One Piece is to the new post-DBZ shonen (nobody kill me for this, please, God's Beard STAY. STAY!) in terms of building on charted territory and perfecting it, at least for the first 4 parts, then it gets a bit more serious.

Also it's really really good. It's really long but that's a given when it covers an entire legacy. It's not drawn out or anything. And no clusterfuck, just read in order.

This sounds fucking awesome. I'm starting it right now.

CoolS

Addicted to Curry 1-94

By a complete freak accident I looked at this since I thought "This Manga can't possible be about curry can it?".

I was pretty much instantly hooked and blazed through the available chapters since yesterday. Such a fun manga with great characters. Looked it up further and apparently there are already a lot of chapters available. Looking forward to how this continues, I really really like it.

But I get so hungry while reading it. I need to try one of the recipes this week.

Ok, I haven't even finished the first volume of JoJo and I'm already in love.

Satirical mahjong manga? Sounds too ridiculous not to read.

Its fucking manly.

Magi 87

Its dungeon conquest time!

Addicted to Curry 1-94

By a complete freak accident I looked at this since I thought "This Manga can't possible be about curry can it?".

I was pretty much instantly hooked and blazed through the available chapters since yesterday. Such a fun manga with great characters. Looked it up further and apparently there are already a lot of chapters available. Looking forward to how this continues, I really really like it.

But I get so hungry while reading it. I need to try one of the recipes this week.

Its pretty good. I drool when I read this manga.

Gazzawa

Reborn 379

Well Iemitsu fans had to be angry at that off panel out of battle defeat. Oh well at lesat it was to protect Mama. Otherwise I didnt think it would turn out to be this grim. Team reborn is the only one that looks to be the least damaged and they even get another member (Im guessing its Chrome is the guardian Reborn managed to pull in). I want Mammon to win but Im thinking they will be the next team to go. Mukuro still has some unknown motive so its too early for him to go.

mmm. Reborn team will be in it till the end no doubt. I was hoping Skull would be in it for longer but he got molested (in the face). Its Mammon or Verde next fo sho.

upandaway

Magi

I'm really curious what Aladdin has to offer now, after Ugo told him everything. As things are now, the dungeon shouldn't be hard, but something will probably mess them up.

Edit: Wait, so who will get the Djinn? Ali doesn't have a second weapon that we know of, and Mor will use a household vessel.

Well I guess it's possible for Ali to start stocking up on vessels... there's no way he'll stay with one forever. It doesn't make sense for Mor to get it though, because her vessel should activate before finishing the dungeon, and even Sinbad's followers have household vessels.
I'm guessing the prince already has one because the princess does.

Eh, whatever. We don't even know how it's decided who's the individual that captures a dungeon among a group. Onwards!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is by far the best Shonen manga of all time. The artwork is awesome and only improves as time goes on, evolving into the best and most creative fashion design in manga. The story is consistent, yet consistently refreshing because at the end of every major story arc it gets reset with new protagonists and antagonists. As the most inventive manga out there, it's become the 2nd longest running manga ever without the slightest hint of losing steam. It has more characters than any other series, but because of the format it never loses track of itself, and rarely becomes confusing.

It's so good, that the author lives in a mansion and his designs get repped by Gucci.

sj8or.jpg
ypsTD.jpg

HSDK
Master fights are always fun to see .

Beelzebub
Next week chapter should be fun .

Fairy Tail
I hope they get to the main point of the arc soon .

Have been doing other stuff so not checking manga gaf as much :(

Azure J

Man now people are talking about Uwakoi in here? The trainwreck potential in that had to have been known beforehand, especially with the main character's name choices in a post Mirai Nikki world. :lol

ryan13ts

I remember he was born in 1960 (since we have this discussion every OT) so he should be 52 now.

It's a bit crazy.

52?! That's just ridiculous. I can only hope I look that young when I'm his age (Even thought I'm 100% sure I won't).

EDIT: I'm sure Araki is doing something along the lines of this to keep his youth

South_Park_Reeve.jpg

Tacitus_

Satirical mahjong manga? Sounds too ridiculous not to read.

It is fucking awesome. Nations solve their differences with hot blooded mahjong action.
The cast has the then PM of Japan, Koizumi, both president Bushes, Kim Jong Il, the Pope(!), Putin, Tymoshenko (the hot PM from Ukraine) and a couple of more characters after the twist.

so. awesome.

Kreed

Magi 87:

Finally, action time! More action, less comedy/down time aka Beelzebub in reverse. I'm hoping Aladdin picked up a good "Ugo" replacement among any other new abilities he's learned from his training (or maybe he'll get something from the dungeon).

gunbo13

The Sacred Blacksmith(c30)

-So who reads this one then?

Story is just a generic medieval type kingdom deal. Only cool twist is Luke's vision fading from this forging. I like the line of seeing Cecily in a dress as it foreshadows his loss. But there is some really friggin shit art that annoys me.

SP1t8.png

My face after reading the latest Bakuman chapter.

---
Yet this panel is great...

I'm not going to paste more art but there is some real stinkers. Not sure how it is that inconsistent.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

This is giving me some heavy Hokuto no Ken vibes which is a good thing. Sad to see Zeppeli gone so soon, I liked him.

I'm also baffled how something as graphical like this could have been featured in Shonen Jump. I guess those were braver times.

Pandora Hearts 71

After last chapter shocking revelation, we have a flashback that doesnt answer nothing. Urgh.

Prison School 31

Dat tension. Will Chiyo save Kyoshi?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

This is giving me some heavy Hokuto no Ken vibes which is a good thing. Sad to see Zeppeli gone so soon, I liked him.

I'm also baffled how something as graphical like this could have been featured in Shonen Jump. I guess those were braver times.

They were sir, freaky how this series has been around in the late 80s and is still kicking.

Kettch

Magi

The magician girl's invisible front hat bothers me every time. :/ I'm trying to convince myself that she's using water magic to blur it out, but it's always so glaring.

flawfuls

Revolutionary Girl Utena

PmzoY.jpg

Hahahaha so brutal. It looks like she is about to give him a pity kiss, but instead she drinks his bitter tears and tells him clearly that he is totally friendzoned.

survivor

Banned
Are you Blue Exorcist bros hyped for the movie?

oibvJ.jpg

Even though it's a filler movie, I'm hoping for high quality action sequences.

Hopefully Renzo Shima can actually get a chance to fight well in this. Movie and the possibility of the anime being dubbed, at some point, now if the manga could go weekly, it would be the best year for blue exorcist yet.

Oh hopefully composer for the series returns.

survivor

Banned
Hopefully Renzo Shima can actually get a chance to fight well in this. Movie and the possibility of the anime being dubbed, at some point, now if the manga could go weekly, it would be the best year for blue exorcist yet.

Oh hopefully composer for the series returns.

It's the same composer

Kamisama no Iutoori 13

This is just stupid, you need luck to advance. What a dumb way to eliminate half of the people.

Kamisama no Iutoori 13

This is just stupid, you need luck to advance. What a dumb way to eliminate half of the people.

Wow didnt realize it was out long ago. And yes that was stupid, although the way it was delivered was soul crushing to who survived except for one guy. Now to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom