• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma 123

Had we done the poll a few weeks later I think Cat-senpai may have placed a couple spots ahead of where she did to begin with

Otoyomegatari 10

VSqSibR.png

Ridiculously beautiful and detailed art. Like wow.

Dungeon Meshi 3

I really like when series use generic D&D monsters like Basilisks and Cockatrice because despite them being generic fantasy settings hardly ever use monsters beyond minotaurs and orcs.

Kurita

I approve

That pretty much sounds like all the hints the anime and the parts of the manga I read so far

Guess I'll keep an eye out to watch this~

I see, thanks for the info. Thought they made that up, but then I remembered that I'm at least 5 volumes behind so...

bobohoro

Wrote a Prison School post on my facebook but it was probably mostly wasted since I doubt anyone read it, so I'll just repost it here.

Facebook would be a pretty nice place if more people would post great stuff like you.

Shokugeki No Soma 132

I kinda expected more out of the first seat, but nice chapter with cat/soma-interactions are good in my book.

phaze

Historie 43
Creep alert. Such a weird chapter that was. The author really stopped giving a shit about the backgrounds for a few chapters.

Some great moments, the conclusion of the Cardia flashback in particular with the reveal of the circumstances of death of Eumenes' mother in particular but I'm starting fear the manga didn't even get to the battle of Issus, maybe even of Granicus at this pace. ;0

Speaking of Assassination Classroom I watched the live-action movie in the plane a few days ago. And it was... not that bad actually. Koro-sensei can look a bit cheap at times but he has a great voice. It's pretty rushed though (Karma, the robot student and Koro's "brother" are introduced right after the other) and some stuff is just weird. Karma and Nagisa fight Itona on top of a radio tower or something...
The ending was erm, well, they "kill" Koro-sensei with the aid of the military but he's actually not dead and just reappears behind the students while they're crying. It will obviously get a sequel. I'm not caught up to the manga so I don't know if there's a backstory for Koro-sensei in the manga. In the movie we learn that he was involved in a disaster where his lover, Class-E's former teacher, dies and tells him to become their teacher. Is this what happens in the manga?

how does Itona look, did he get a good actor?
Also that is what happened in the manga.

I would put quite a number of mangaka over Miura too.

I'd hate to be seen as HnG defence force because I do feel the ending was a bit rushed too. Reading your thoughts seem like we have a little different in expectations.

The highschool club was supposed to be fade away once Hikaru became a insei, that's understandable. I think the only part where I felt the same as you was the missing 'divine move' in action. The International arc, as in the last one, is pretty important foreshadowing Hikaru's potential and is implying he will be the one playing that move in future. During the entire serialization, Korea has dominated Go for the past few decades, China was distance runner up and in fact a Jubango ( ten-game match ) was held in 2014 for two of the most prominent Go players in the last decade and the korean player came up winning 6-2 against the chinese. Hikaru, a Japanese player, barely losing to the uprising, all-conquering Korean star despite picking up the sports late. That was probably the significant of the arc.

Cool to know about the irl stuff

And I agree that the high school club was supposed to fade into the background, my issue is they kept bringing them back and developing them as characters. For Hikaru's arc all he needed to see was them having fun despite being bad during him trying to find himself once Sai left, instead the high school club gets more development that they shouldn't have gotten... But also not enough development to warrant focusing on them. The series either needed to give them more screen time or almost none.

Also you reminded me of my biggest complaint, we never see Hikaru finally beat Akira using his own ability. Yes Akira does acknowledge Hikaru at the end of the Sai arc but despite the whole series being "Hikaru's coming from behind to pass you Akira" he never does... We're just promised of potential to do these things and then the story ends.

dani_dc

Keijo!!!!!!!! 47

So what's stopping her opponent from wedging herself as well?

Great writeup. You should share it around as much as possible~
I had a feeling you'd like it.

For some reason my family and friends didn't seem to take much interest on my Prison School write up :(

Facebook would be a pretty nice place if more people would post great stuff like you.

I do what I can to improve people's lives.

dani_dc

You should show them the goods. Specifically, the life and hometown displayed. That'd be certain to catch their attention#

I don't think anyone even got to the pictures section =(

Also I like to keep things a bit classy on facebook, out of respect for others.

Chairhome

Having WSJ on comixology is a pretty great step, especially if Viz continues with migrating more of their manga's to the store to make it easier for people to get them.

The fact it's still limited to the same regions as th iOS Newstand/Android app is pretty disappointing though. Baby steps I guess, but if they lifted those restrictions it would go a long way to helping the magazine.

How caught up are you on the manga in WSJ?

vol 176 (issue 27) should be a good point to start with most manga since its some one-off stories and some of the manag are are starting new storylines. The following issue is also good I think.

I'd say get them all, but the tricky thing about anthology magazines is that there really isn't a great jumping in point for all the series (since some are in the middle of a story arc while others are just starting/finishing them) in a single issue. You could just start reading and go along with each issue since most manga are easy to follow what's going in them.
Sorry for the late response. Thanks. I might just jump in, and look up wikis if I get lost.

Shokugeki no Soma ch 132

Cat Senpai has a great personality... what would be nice is if Erina's Dad knew who Soma was due to his Father
Also lol at that shocked Megumi face when she took a bite of the 1st seats dish

dani_dc

Should've posted a pic of Vice-prez at the top of the writeup!

And this is how I know you're an old man that's disconnected from the world!
You can't post pictures in a body of a text in facebook, they always come at the end of the write up!

dani_dc

Blame me for not caring about Facebook ~( ´~` )~

Only cause you don't have cool kids like me on your Facebook you pervy old man~

That reminded me of my childhood, where wedgies were commonly used to be faster on the waterslide.

Keijo 47

Wedgies and stiff nips signalling rage mode.

The first thing I thought when reading it was my cousin teaching my sister that very trick.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma ch 132

Cat Senpai has a great personality... what would be nice is if Erina's Dad knew who Soma was due to his Father
Also lol at that shocked Megumi face when she took a bite of the 1st seats dish

I feel like that's possible, but I imagine that reveal probably occurs the same way it did for the Dorm Members: Joichirou shows up to something, Erina freaks out, Soma starts bickering with his dad, she freaks out for a different reason.

An offhand comment: "You're Jouchirou's kid right? I expelled your father muahahaha" probably just wouldn't have the same level of amusing Erina reaction faces.

dani_dc

Kingdom 443

I like that the author seems like he might be breaking off the shounen-ess that drags down the series via Kanki actions.

Hopefully this doesn't just end up resolved in an unsatisfactory manner where Shin convince Kanki army to go the right way (after maybe he kills Kanki).

I really want the good and the bad to get fully mixed here.

Having more cool guys like you would indeed convince me to get there~

But then, I already have you on Twitter~

You should have me in all aspects of your life!

dani_dc

Looking at this latest trailer for the live action adaption of Heroine Shikkaku makes me believe even more that it's gonna be an awesome transposition. It also makes me pissed off that the manga hasn't released any volumes past 5 here still. I like to be hopeful but...

I'd go watch it but I wouldn't understand any of it :(
Maybe if I read the manga first.

Obviously we should get married~

I'm sorry, my heart belongs to Shokotan.
Blame Striferser.

I feel like that's possible, but I imagine that reveal probably occurs the same way it did for the Dorm Members: Joichirou shows up to something, Erina freaks out, Soma starts bickering with his dad, she freaks out for a different reason.

An offhand comment: "You're Jouchirou's kid right? I expelled your father muahahaha" probably just wouldn't have the same level of amusing Erina reaction faces.

well the author could go it about in another way
like Erina's Dad knowing Soma and bickering about Soma's Dad without actually saying who he is and then leaving before Erina begins to ask.... Like in the tournament when people talked about Soma's Dad around Erina and Soma's losing streak to him without actually spilling the beans

upandaway

Hayate 504

Man, I am so lost. What was this chapter even. No clue what I just read.

I'm more occupied by the fact we had an entire chapter of plot without any jokes or attempts to delay it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom