• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece

This was the obvious conclusion to all of the new faces. Been saying since they showed up that they'd become Luffy's pirate alliance akin to WB's allied pirates

As for the next Strawhat proper, we'll have to wait on that

One Piece 799

And here I was just hoping for one more crew member at the most

This really isn't a new crewmember. It's subordinate organizations. Like how Whitebeard had his own crew with the divisions and their captains, but also a bunch of allied pirates under him

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch89-90

Tearful goodbyes and the importance of having a proper butt.

Awcdp6C.png

Incredible.

Uh, context?

The only real way to understand is to read it.

It's well worth it.

Revo

Depends how much they interact in the future, though.
if they basically sail with them they're basically crew

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch134

Perfectly understandable. She's so handsome~

Yandere Kanojo ch65.5

Kids sure can be energetic. I wonder if they'll reappear again.

Depends how much they interact in the future, though.
if they basically sail with them they're basically crew

I really don't see them sailing together in the same way as the Strawhats proper. I could see one or two members being prominent in any given arc, but still less screentime than the main crew. Like with the battle with Kaidou, they'll probably be taking on Kaidou's fleet, largely off screen while the strawhats and heart pirates deal with Kaidou's inner circle (and Drake as well if he's not technically included in that circle). We'll get some scenes of them starting to engage the Kaidou fleet, and a few where they're fighting, and one where they've triumphed, but I expect less screentime than they got in Dressrosa by far

Revo

I really don't see them sailing together in the same way as the Strawhats proper. I could see one or two members being prominent in any given arc, but still less screentime than the main crew. Like with the battle with Kaidou, they'll probably be taking on Kaidou's fleet, largely off screen while the strawhats and heart pirates deal with Kaidou's inner circle (and Drake as well if he's not technically included in that circle). We'll get some scenes of them starting to engage the Kaidou fleet, and a few where they're fighting, and one where they've triumphed, but I expect less screentime than they got in Dressrosa by far

Would be hard to give them any screentime comparable to dressrosa, but easily could have more than what you're saying, especially for fights (if they fight other group leaders, and having more people fighting is the biggest fear).

Blade Note 2

Protagonist is quite troubled it seems

Usobuko

Banned
Funouhan ( Raw )

MC is a hired killer but what is more interesting are his employers whoare your typical day-to-day people. It's a little like Jigoku Shoujo except the stories trending more towards misunderstandings, regrets and tragedies all around from people making terrible decisions in hindsight.

This series might be good if they tone down a little and take a more grounded approach to narrate the story, like Ikigami did.

OP

Suleiman and Cavendish look like a good combo
Chapter 800 next week I wonder what Oda will do

Bleach

Assistant is going to get huirt next chapter and Mr. Science is going to show his true emotions

I am enjoying this bloody hand more then all the other Quincies

Toriko 337

OH MY

Crazy Shit....

OP

Suleiman and Cavendish look like a good combo
Chapter 700 next week I wonder what Oda will do

Bleach

Assistant is going to get huirt next chapter and Mr. Science is going to show his true emotions

I am enjoying this bloody hand more then all the other Quincies

Toriko 337

OH MY

Crazy Shit....
But Mask de Masculine was a Quincy

Cornbread78

Alright you manga experts...

for the below two manga series, are they still ongoing with any end in sight?

- Ore Monogatari
- Jitsu wa Watashi wa

- Ore Monogatari
- Jitsu wa Watashi wa

Pretty sure Ore Monogatari is ongoing
Don't know about the other one, but my gut says yes as well

It's pretty rare for an anime adaptation of a finished manga to be announced (Stuff like Ushio and Tora are anomalies). Anime that cover a manga to the end generally are announced before the manga ended

dani_dc

- Ore Monogatari
- Jitsu wa Watashi wa

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa is on-going, no idea if there's an end in sight though, english translations are behind the Japanese releases.

Cornbread78

Pretty sure Ore Monogatari is ongoing
Don't know about the other one, but my gut says yes as well

It's pretty rare for an anime adaptation of a finished manga to be announced (Stuff like Ushio and Tora are anomalies). Anime that cover a manga to the end generally are announced before the manga ended

Wondering what the gap is between adapted material and unadapted material for a potential 3rd season of Ore Monogatari and a possible continuation of Actually, I Am. (probably not with this one, since I've been told the adaptation has jumped through and mixed up multiple chapters to make each episode...

Wondering what the gap is between adapted material and unadapted material for a potential 3rd season of Ore Monogatari and a possible continuation of Actually, I Am. (probably not with this one, since I've been told the adaptation has jumped through and mixed up multiple chapters to make each episode...

No idea on Ore Monogatari, since scans aren't up to date. I think the anime has surpassed what's available in english for the manga. At least in terms of fan stuff, since I'm not sure how far Viz's official translations have gotten

Kyuur

Still no chapter 42 of Tokyo Ghoul:Re.😒

Oh well at least I'll have more time to read some other series.

The pain is real. Maybe we'll get a 'double' chapter this weekend instead! Went to pick up Vol2 yesterday but the store couldn't find their last copy. :(

Bleach

Welp, there goes one of the only good characters in this manga. Not that this fight has been spectacular.

Toriko

Toriko finally back to its prime with these 2 past chapters. It really sucks, but the main gang just really isn't interesting anymore. The expanded cast is where it is at. Super excited for some time with Jirou and Setsuno (is that tiny Nitro someone we know?).

One Piece

Lots of us knew it was coming, but there it is. This might make Dressrosa retroactively better when the characters are further utilized later. Hancock and Jinbei will assuredly be part of this, unsure about Law but probably.

Wonder what's in store for 800!

upandaway

One Piece

Lots of us knew it was coming, but there it is. This might make Dressrosa retroactively better when the characters are further utilized later. Hancock and Jinbei will assuredly be part of this, unsure about Law but probably.

Wonder what's in store for 800!
I think this status is reserved to people who aren't that strong. Hancock is one of the strongest in the manga and Law is close to Luffy's level, so I don't think that'll happen.

I'm not even sure if Jinbei has a crew to join with. I think he'll just join the crew proper.

Toriko

Toriko finally back to its prime with these 2 past chapters. It really sucks, but the main gang just really isn't interesting anymore. The expanded cast is where it is at. Super excited for some time with Jirou and Setsuno (is that tiny Nitro someone we know?).

It is ChiChi the nitro they met in the OctoMelon before the went to the Gourmet World

Kingdom 443-444

Reading both chapters but I only see Kyoukai.... Good Shit, Great Chapter, 10/10, Good Stuff
Jokes aside the author is trying to protray the Qin Army as the bad guys.... which with Kanki involved I guess that is somewhat true but then again this is Kanki and who doesn't love Kanki

Kyuur

DDDD is on Volume 3!? We're super behind. Pls bring it over someone (is there a single company that normally brings over Asano's works? I only have Solanin).

I think this status is reserved to people who aren't that strong. Hancock is one of the strongest in the manga and Law is close to Luffy's level, so I don't think that'll happen.

I'm not even sure if Jinbei has a crew to join with. I think he'll just join the crew proper.

I don't know, maybe an exception but Bart and Cavendish seem pretty high level as well. Only time will tell I guess.

Jinbei has a crew, but mentioned he would be back to join the crew after dismantling it I think.

It is ChiChi the nitro they met in the OctoMelon before the went to the Gourmet World

Right! Thanks.

Cornbread78

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa is on-going, no idea if there's an end in sight though, english translations are behind the Japanese releases.

No idea on Ore Monogatari, since scans aren't up to date. I think the anime has surpassed what's available in english for the manga. At least in terms of fan stuff, since I'm not sure how far Viz's official translations have gotten

So there is no real way to know right now. Good deal. I guess we'll have to sit and wait it out like everything else, lol.

Thank you both!

jonjonaug

So there is no real way to know right now. Good deal. I guess we'll have to sit and wait it out like everything else, lol.

Thank you both!

Wait, really? No one's buying Ore Monogatari other than me?

Viz is up to volume 5. Volume 5 ends with
the "first kiss"
chapter. Everything from
Takeo's mom giving birth
and onward hasn't been released in English yet. As for the gap of translated/untranslated material there are currently nine volumes of Ore Monogatari released in Japan. At the pace it's been going there won't be enough for a season two of the anime when it finishes its second cour. Maybe a year or two down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom