• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I've just assumed that the writer has been possessed by a 1950's white supremacist, though I can't say how much of the this is the fault the artist. Really is unknown how much creative/design input he has, it's possible his job is just to draw or he could of been the one to suggest those designs.

Either blind or are racists. Either way it ain't good.

Zweizer

Banned
No guarantees this time, but I promise you all that one of these days I'm going to top the wall of shame.

Well, that's as valid an ambition as any I suppose.

There's no way anyone can beat Zweiser. At least not until he graduates, gets a full time a job and learns to stop riding the ~ key.

I fully trust Revo to finally take my place this time!

Manga Sales Japan August 24-30

42. *24,264 *,*24,264 Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction Vol.3
44. *23,797 *,312,760 Dungeon Meshi Vol.2
46. *21,450 *,*62,654 Himouto! Umaru-chan'S Vol.1
49. *20,550 *,*20,550 Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki Vol.7
50. *20,403 *,289,596 Prison School Vol.18

Hopefully DDDD and Fujiyama-san will stick around the charts. Nice for the rest.

Is that the first volume of Umaru-chan getting a bump? What's the 'S?

Terra Formars was hilarious back when it was roaches doing roach shit and now it's just wikipedia articles plasted over boring fights and characters I lost track of a year ago

The roaches managed to show up on Earth and started wearing fedoras, driving sports cars, and posting on web forums. But now it's just fights again.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Well, that's as valid an ambition as any I suppose.

Is that the first volume of Umaru-chan getting a bump? What's the 'S?
It's Umaru spin off with all character chibified and with more focus on humor. Several chapter are already translated.

PK Gaming

Inside Mari 55-56

QhkHqHb.png
xorJa1p.png

So the start off, I think this manga has officially passed Aku no Hana in terms of chapter count, which I is something never thought would happen. It's been a bumpy road, but I think Inside Mari is finally culminating into something pretty great here. It feels like there's just one final major plot thread to follow, which is good because I don't want this manga to drag. Since there's no doubt
that Mari is suffering from dissociative personality disorder, what do you think will happen to the "real" Isao Komori? How will they resolve his character?

very nice to see Ookiku Furikabutte continue to still sell

swordboys taking over manga too

man, I wish Nietzsche-sensei would spread more outside of japan

Numb

The roaches managed to show up on Earth and started wearing fedoras, driving sports cars, and posting on web forums. But now it's just fights again.

Hoping they go back to those things. Got tired of fights where the humans win by the skin of their teeth facing thousands of ever-evolving enemies that should have surpassed them long ago. I might drop it if they keep with where they are heading.

Do You Like Big Girls? ch.19
The start of this chapter promised yuri, but the end was everyone taking turns wearing a wig. Guess that's still not the weirdest scenario to happen this series (certainly less lewd than you'd expect).

Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch.177 - 180
The pageant is over, and now the eighth girl hates Terumi and on top of that is the most shy person possible.
Also hope that last chapter is a sign Yandere teacher's getting ready to make her next move very soon.

Onnichan Control ch. 26
Was surprised to see there was a new chapter after so fucking long. And it turns out to be a flashback to old promises that of course one of them would not remember years and years later.

Boy, I sure hope we don't have to wait another year for the next chapter to get translated.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairly Tail 450

Zeref has a pretty cool backstory. I'm digging the tragedy of it all.

Yeah, it just pisses me off we had 250 chapters of stupid shit to get to the part that's actually interesting. Pretty much all of the main characters and villians actually have interesting backstories now, but its not like all 450 chapters have led up to it. Most of them were tits and ass and nothing else of substance.

Revo

Kubera s2ch151

Looks like we won't be able to count on yuta op skills for awhile, but at least get some sort of past thing for him

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece
YEEEEEEEEEES WE'RE STARTING TO GET TO THE END GAME HERE!!!
Luffy is finally becoming a big player! With a pirate fleet of his own! That's how you get ready to take down the three sea kings!

Himouto! Umaru-chan ch.115 - 119
Heh. Figures Umaru's "graduation" would be short lived. Still, it's always nice to spend time with friends when you can.

Monster Musume ch.35 - 36
Rachene's still the best, but after this latest chapter Suu's character just shot up quite a bit. She and Oct barely stood a chance.

Torikissa ch.6
Those "False Chicks," as brief as they were were already way more interesting than the usual three birds that pester Rin. Always fun to see new characters in this series.
Also that last page was rather sweet.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch.13 - 17
So other fantasy creatures exist besides dragons. Guess that makes sense. Though it's good to see that the rest of them all know not to fuck with dragons.

--

There. Done. All caught up. I am relieved, Now I only have to worry about the latest chapters as they happen, plus get around to re reading Devilman sometime this month.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.09

It's pretty cute seeing Haru and Shizuki being a couple. Lots of blush faces~

Course it's about time for the truth about Haru to start coming up.

There's also some development on Natsume and Sasahara, poor guy

I like the tease about Takaya and Ooshima that doesn't develop until way way later. Makes rereading this pretty fun catching the small stuff

Mononoho is the new series in Jump. Still no other info on the others or how many there will be. Soma, Zumou and Straighten Up getting color pages next week.

Kyoaku Gakuen 1-3

I can't.

I...I just can't.

This...this manga.

Alright. Holy shit.

So Kyoaku Gakuen is a manga drawn very specifically in the style of 80s/90s/00s Banchou/Thug/Yakuza etc. manga. You know the style, like a Crows or Tough or Cromartie High School or whatever. Very very detailed, more realistic, stuff like that. About a school that trains all the evil people in the world before they go on to become politicians and warlords and yakuza and whatever. So an infiltration officer is hired to go to the school undercover to investigate and expose them and so forth.

But it's so fucking unrealistically funny like a Prison School (interesting note, the authors of both collaborated together) or Cromartie. Like...all of these guys?

ARE SIXTEEN.

It just gets funnier from there. Holy shit.

2nd chapter on his way to sit down he gets tripped by this guy and in order to "not stand out by falling down" he pushes off of a guy's head, soars five rows back over the heads of the students and lands sitting in his chair where he summarily SCREAMS out "MISSION COMPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETE"

I can't handle this manga.

thetechkid

So I just read through Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite the other day and I was a fan of most of it, but after the time skip it seems to really rush to the end
and the choice of wrong girl was offputting...

I think I'm gonna reread School Rumble and finish up the last bit of TWOGK that I have left too. Also have anyone read "Again!!"?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kyoaku Gakuen 1-3

I can't.

I...I just can't.

This...this manga.

Alright. Holy shit.

So Kyoaku Gakuen is a manga drawn very specifically in the style of 80s/90s/00s Banchou/Thug/Yakuza etc. manga. You know the style, like a Crows or Tough or Cromartie High School or whatever. Very very detailed, more realistic, stuff like that. About a school that trains all the evil people in the world before they go on to become politicians and warlords and yakuza and whatever. So an infiltration officer is hired to go to the school undercover to investigate and expose them and so forth.

But it's so fucking unrealistically funny like a Prison School (interesting note, the authors of both collaborated together) or Cromartie. Like...all of these guys?

ARE SIXTEEN.

2nd chapter on his way to sit down he gets tripped by this guy and in order to "not stand out by falling down" he pushes off of a guy's head, soars five rows back over the heads of the students and lands sitting in his chair where he summarily SCREAMS out "MISSION COMPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETE"

I can't handle this manga.

SOLD!

Yandere Kanojo 66.5

Azuma gigolo level: OVER 9000!
So, Tanaka used to have blond childhood friend... i wonder if she's going to show up and become Reina rival?

Jitsu Wa watashi wa 89-90

At first i was like, dem feels man...
then last page happen and i was like LMAO

Usobuko

Banned
So I just read through Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite the other day and I was a fan of most of it, but after the time skip it seems to really rush to the end
and the choice of wrong girl was offputting...

I think I'm gonna reread School Rumble and finish up the last bit of TWOGK that I have left too. Also have anyone read "Again!!"?
Again! is much more carefree and lighthearted than Ore ga Doutei. You may be interested with Boku dake ga inai machi too.

Ran and the Gray world - end

Finished. It was very good.

It has a great range, from funny hijinks that made me laugh, to calmer slice of life, to a difficult but romantic love story, to great moment of wonder with the magic, to great action set pieces,
and drama, and sadness. I couldn't imagine at the beginning of this story that it would go that way. I knew there was a more dramatic part given some hints given by the author, as the giant gate plot has to be resolved, but not that it was going to have that length with drama and that ending.
And in the end, there is much more character growth than I imagined at first, in fact the manga is really about growing up.

As the only flaw, I think the epilogue is a bit too long winded. The climax, or at least most important part of the series happens in chapter 35, and after that there are 4-5 more chapters for
recovering
. In fact chapter 40 could have been perfectly the end of the series, and in fact it seems the end, as chapter 41 is just a recollection of character illustrations, some showing how they were in the past or how will be in the future (grown up versions for several of the kids, etc).
But then the manga goes on with a
much more mature MC
and finishes in chapter 48. It seems the author didn't know when to end or had pressures to continue.

Zweizer

Banned
There. Done. All caught up. I am relieved, Now I only have to worry about the latest chapters as they happen, plus get around to re reading Devilman sometime this month.

Don't forget my other super interesting rec~!

Kyoaku Gakuen 1-3

ARE SIXTEEN.

This looks awesome.

upandaway

One Piece

Hahaha whoa. That sure happened. I'm also guessing Bellamy will join in, but I'm not sure about Law.

Some people called it out already, and it makes sense considering how much screen time all these people got during the arc (they all got proper fights when almost none of the SHs did).

Considering how much trouble Oda has balancing screen time between the current crew members it'll be fun to see him try to do it with all these captains added in (and I won't be surprised if he starts fleshing out their crews too if Luffy does take them in).

I don't even know if Luffy will agree to this but they probably don't even care what he thinks

random25

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 134

So Tomo has an official harem now?

Tsujiura-san to Chupacabra 25

What a block...

One Piece 799

So Luffy's gaining a big party addition.

Usobuko

Banned
Oda is terrible at large scale warfare, they tend to be draggy, tedious and all over the place.

I would much prefer he went for traditional 1v1 matchup, if not I find it hard to be hype for the war at the end of this series.

bobohoro

Bleach 641

This battle needs to stop. Seriously. And how many fingers are left to be cut/broken/torn off?

One Piece 799

That sure solved the problem of deciding on the next crew member.

G.ZZZ

Toriko 337

I feel like everyone's gonna die ;_;

Jirou no i fucking cry already, midora too gonna get stomped ;_;

dani_dc

One Piece 799

Yeah, this entire arc was building up to this, I don't think anyone is surprised.
I'm curious to see what kind of repercussions this will have in future arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom