• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Piece

I don't think Luffy will outright refuse but he'll just go along with it but have everyone as his friends. They'll either all choose to fly the Strawhat flag or the fleet will be an unofficial official one that is there whenever Luffy needs their help.

I'm more excited to hopefully see the reactions around the world when it's announced Luffy beat Doflamingo AND he now has a fleet of over 5000 pirates.

One Piece 799

zlcDds1.png

SQUAD UP!

Cornbread78

If you like Nichijou and Azumanga Daioh, be sure to read Hinamatsuri.

Cornbread, for the love of God heed this advice. You won't regret it!

I've never read manga before though... I'm not much or a reader. I know Crunchyroll has a selection on their website, maybe at some point I'll look some stuff up and read it.

Wait, really? No one's buying Ore Monogatari other than me?

Viz is up to volume 5. Volume 5 ends with
the "first kiss"
chapter. Everything from
Takeo's mom giving birth
and onward hasn't been released in English yet. As for the gap of translated/untranslated material there are currently nine volumes of Ore Monogatari released in Japan. At the pace it's been going there won't be enough for a season two of the anime when it finishes its second cour. Maybe a year or two down the line.

Got ya, so it's still ongoing, but it will definately be a couple years before any kind of anime adaptation is even considered.

Thank you!

One Piece

I don't think Luffy will outright refuse but he'll just go along with it but have everyone as his friends. They'll either all choose to fly the Strawhat flag or the fleet will be an unofficial official one that is there whenever Luffy needs their help.

I'm more excited to hopefully see the reactions around the world when it's announced Luffy beat Doflamingo AND he now has a fleet of over 5000 pirates.

I agree on both parts Bitch Kitty, I'm sorta expecting Luffy to meet Shanks in the near future at this point. At least assuming Shanks doesn't get killed randomly.

dani_dc

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 89-90

I was wondering how long this would take to get reseted, it didn't take much long at all.

I'd call it an evil action by his brother, but I'd say he's just stupid instead.

Kyoaku Gakuen 1-3

I can't.

I...I just can't.

This...this manga.

Alright. Holy shit.

So Kyoaku Gakuen is a manga drawn very specifically in the style of 80s/90s/00s Banchou/Thug/Yakuza etc. manga. You know the style, like a Crows or Tough or Cromartie High School or whatever. Very very detailed, more realistic, stuff like that. About a school that trains all the evil people in the world before they go on to become politicians and warlords and yakuza and whatever. So an infiltration officer is hired to go to the school undercover to investigate and expose them and so forth.

But it's so fucking unrealistically funny like a Prison School (interesting note, the authors of both collaborated together) or Cromartie. Like...all of these guys?

ARE SIXTEEN.

It just gets funnier from there. Holy shit.

2nd chapter on his way to sit down he gets tripped by this guy and in order to "not stand out by falling down" he pushes off of a guy's head, soars five rows back over the heads of the students and lands sitting in his chair where he summarily SCREAMS out "MISSION COMPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETE"

I can't handle this manga.
...I think I need to read this now. Holy shit.

Don't forget my other super interesting rec~!
I'm getting to it, don't worry.

Revo

Yuusha ga Shinda! Murabito no Ore ga Hotta Otoshiana ni Yuusha ga Ochita Kekka. 30-31

RIP being able to do fun things

Toriko

Hmm, this is getting quite insane. That small flea that jumped off the beast seems pretty powerful, and of course I hope Midora gives Joie a nasty surprise.

Revo

Never been too sold on the image but a spongebob gif makes it so much better.

Re:Marina 29

Just talk to each other ffs

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You will probably not be surprised to learn that Erina's dad is
the evil anti-Joichirou

Bleach 641

"Fierce emotion" lol that isn't what I would call it but ok Kubo

One Piece 799

Well it's finally happened. All those alliances and number gathering Luffy has done over the series is about to pay off big time. Just think of everyone who would rather side with him then the Marines or a Yonkou. He would get everyone from the original Shichibukai minus Doflamingo from that group alone.

My Yandere Older Sister M-to-F'ed Me! (NSFW)
That's...uh...well, that's certainly one way to show your crazy love and obsession for someone. Kind of was not prepared for some of those details, sort of to the point it was a bit much too handle at times (and I'm usually willing to read or watch some fucked up shit).

Also that ending. Hell of a way to cut things short. Sucks for the MC, though.

At least the premise was still quite different from what a typical yandere story would be.

Zweizer

Banned
My Yandere Older Sister M-to-F'ed Me! (NSFW)
That's...uh...well, that's certainly one way to show your crazy love and obsession for someone. Kind of was not prepared for some of those details, sort of to the point it was a bit much too handle at times (and I'm usually willing to read or watch some fucked up shit).

Also that ending. Hell of a way to cut things short. Sucks for the MC, though.

At least the premise was still quite different from what a typical yandere story would be.

It was certainly quite different, and surprisingly dark. I hope you enjoyed the story in spite of it at least.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki spoilers

Erina's dad gets some back story and you'll be surprised to learn he's a huge dick. He's apparently the "black sheep" of the Nakiri clan to the point of his existence being scrubbed from the school. He thinks the school is weak and shitty because they have bonds of emotion or whatever (he's typical shonen evil villain). He's not Erina's legal guardian anymore either.

He shows up and complains that all the guests are useless trash and Erina shouldn't serve them. The guests include those Curry Sisters from the Election and they talk some trash and he tells them they make crappy kid food or something.

Soma walks in at the end like a dope and is like "hey wassup." Erina says "Yukihira-kun?" and Erina's dad makes that evil eye face (possibly recognizes the name).

The shit is gonna go down soon.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! 1-134

So short but funny. Plot moving pretty nicely. Needs more Carol-chan.

This guy.

Knows what's up.

Espirit 27

Wow, a lot happened in this chapter. Cage got a lot of really good development and dropped death flags all over himself. I'm still super curious what they mean when they're talking about Mio being "a doll" though. I also enjoy that this manga isn't afraid of killing characters, despite my love for them.

What I really enjoy about this manga is the sense of threat and danger that exists in it. So many manga are incapable of making you care about the consequences of things that happen. So many times we see someone get stabbed or an arm blown off or crippled and then through manga magic they missed all the organs and are back to normal, or get their arm regenerated and are back to normal, or regain the use of their legs and are back to normal. Manga authors are so afraid of advancing their characters or changing anything drastically that isn't designed towards popularity rankings instead of what tells the stronger and better story. This manga might still pull some garbage like that but at the moment it's avoiding it incredibly. The artist girl losing her arm and the scene after where she wakes up and sees it? Holy shit. That's the kind of emotional lurch in your stomach that comes with having permanent, life-affecting consequences to events.

Maybe I have a taste or fetish or something but I love it when people lose limbs in manga and it's PERMANENT and they don't get a robot one and have to live with what happened to them instead of not developing or growing as a character due to this shit that happened to them. Obviously most mangas run with the status quo, I mean Nisekoi still exists, so very few get these kind of developments but when they happen oh boy.

Enough about that.

Yandere Kanojo 65.5

...who dis bitch?

Yuusha Ga Shinda! Blah blah blah my title is too long 30-31

This is entertaining as hell but I still don't get why they're "totes zombies but not really" After the last arc which was really goddam good this one is kinda puttering along with more amusing bodyswitching and ecchi antics (though the introduction of that red head demon should speed things along). What was incredibly amusing though was the backstory of that dude following around Blake, Rob Barbarin. The whole following him just to get his spears for horns on his helmet when he eventually dies was hilarious.

Gamble Fish 149

Why do I read this?

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa

Why in the nine hells did I never hear of this? This is awesome. Gonna marathon this. I already love Mikan

Now, to look around and catch up on Douman Seiman works and Nana to Kaoru...

Shokugeki spoilers

Erina's dad gets some back story and you'll be surprised to learn he's a huge dick. He's apparently the "black sheep" of the Nakiri clan to the point of his existence being scrubbed from the school. He thinks the school is weak and shitty because they have bonds of emotion or whatever (he's typical shonen evil villain). He's not Erina's legal guardian anymore either.

He shows up and complains that all the guests are useless trash and Erina shouldn't serve them. The guests include those Curry Sisters from the Election and they talk some trash and he tells them they make crappy kid food or something.

Soma walks in at the end like a dope and is like "hey wassup." Erina says "Yukihira-kun?" and Erina's dad makes that evil eye face (possibly recognizes the name).

The shit is gonna go down soon.
Being a douche is expected for him but I find the fact that the Nakiri Family basically sidelines him and much as possible as interesting..... to the point that he isn't even the guardian of his own daughter.... I mean how evil can you be? I wouldn't be shocked if the dude had a restraining order

Nozaki-kun 69

Man I just do not like the Editor chapters.

Shinkaigyo no Anko-san 9

To much time on Twitch has ruined kappas for me

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 89-90

I'm not feeling this as much anymore. I dunno.

Kyoaku Gakuen ch.1 - 3
I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard when reading a manga. Like, Prison School's absurdity was great, but it still never got quite the same reactions out of me in comparison to these first three chapters.

Really looking forward to more. It's an even more insane Cromartie, and I fucking love it.

Cornbread78

No idea on Ore Monogatari, since scans aren't up to date. I think the anime has surpassed what's available in english for the manga. At least in terms of fan stuff, since I'm not sure how far Viz's official translations have gotten

Wait, really? No one's buying Ore Monogatari other than me?
Viz is up to volume 5. Volume 5 ends with
the "first kiss"
chapter. Everything from
Takeo's mom giving birth
and onward hasn't been released in English yet. As for the gap of translated/untranslated material there are currently nine volumes of Ore Monogatari released in Japan. At the pace it's been going there won't be enough for a season two of the anime when it finishes its second cour. Maybe a year or two down the line.

Thank you. In other words, it will be a LONG time before we see another season of Ore Monogatari..

If you like Nichijou and Azumanga Daioh, be sure to read Hinamatsuri.

Sounds good, but I don;t read Manga. I can always check on Crunchyroll at some point to see what is there for viewing.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa is on-going, no idea if there's an end in sight though, english translations are behind the Japanese releases.

No worries, just wondering if there is even a shred of hope of getting a full story for the anime, but as I've been told, the anime for this is strickly a manga promo, so we will most likely not see anything further.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 11

Welp, I'm in love. Shishido's design as a woman is fucking everything I want in life.

Spoil things for me though, guys. I know I'm asking a dumb question but
is there any progression in this manga whatsoever? I got 90 chapters to read through and I want there to be some development. Does childhood friend change her opinion? Does vampire gain feelings? Does anybody actually confess to anybody?
It's a fun manga but if it's going to be yet another fun and enjoyable manga that goes on and on and on and never changes I dunno if I can commit that much effort to "yet another one"

Angry Grimace

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 11

Welp, I'm in love. Shishido's design as a woman is fucking everything I want in life.

Spoil things for me though, guys. I know I'm asking a dumb question but
is there any progression in this manga whatsoever? I got 90 chapters to read through and I want there to be some development. Does childhood friend change her opinion? Does vampire gain feelings? Does anybody actually confess to anybody?
It's a fun manga but if it's going to be yet another fun and enjoyable manga that goes on and on and on and never changes I dunno if I can commit that much effort to "yet another one"

The first time I wrote this it was way too revealing lol. But the answer is yes stuff happens

Revo

Assassination Classroom 152-3

Even though they should in the end kill him, glad they tried this route (even though lolspace)

Nordicus

*reads at the speed of light*
Whoa, slow down skippy. You want to savor every chapter. While Grimace is indeed correct, the best part of the manga is still the comedy rather than the romance. Even if the romance is progressing at more than double the pace of nisekoicertain shounen romance manga

Zweizer

Banned
Kyoaku Gakuen ch1-3

Hahaha, this is so ridiculous yet incredible. The highly detailed art (which reminds me of Ryoichi Ikegami) adds a lot to the humor.

Stravaganza - Isai no Hime

What is this.

Like, seriously. Some chapters are just heavy fanservice, others are silly, nice, innocent SoL (see image), and some others are gritty fantasy with badass action and gore. It's like reading three different stories. Maybe that's why the author called it "stravganza", eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom