• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akane + Mom = Me
This page = Every Fucking Manga I Read

img000021.png

Edit: OMG This Kiruyin introductory chapter is the funniest one by far.

"Would you please just say something?!?!"

Akame Ga Kill 62

I both like and dislike the fact they're referencing Akame Ga Kill Zero in a rather significant way. It allows the main series to not get bogged down in some prolonged Akame and Kurome origin story, but at the same time it requires reading another entire series to get the full extent of what this chapter is referencing. The battle between Akame and Wave was enjoyable though Wave continues to be super scrub tier only saved by the fact he's too boring to be killed by anyone.

I saw the spoilers for Chapter 42 and it seemed great. I mean Shirazu got some good character development in the chapter. Plus a type of cancer in the world of TG was introduced. At this point chapter 43 will be released with 42.

Edit* It seems like the chapter will be released maybe tomorrow.

Lain

Les cerisiers fleurissent malgré tout

Pretty nice read with touching moments. The story deals with death and life or, more in general, with the fragility of life. It deals also with the 2011 Japanese earthquake and how a promise can condition someone's life.

I found it to be somewhat deep. The protagonist feels a bit like an alter-ego of the author (the book is sold as an introspective story) and the feelings conveyed feel really genuine.

The protagonist, Itsuko, had heath problem since she was young. Since she overhears the doctor tell her family that her illness had already killed other kids, she starts dealing with death without concentrating too much on life, not until she meets a teacher that teaches her how to... deal with life. Later on, once she's grown up and after the earthquake, she has to learn to accept death.

The way the story is told and the pacing is pretty good. The art is nothing fancy but I like it. It concentrates more on the characters than the backgrounds though in such a character driven story I feel this is a positive.

If any of you French/Italian manga lovers have some money to spare, give this book a look, it's worth it.

dr labson

Neo Member
I have to catch up on a ton of mangas, holy crap.
Job hunting is difficult and time consuming (T . T).

Will start catching up on Kyoaku Gakuen, Tomo chan and Dragon Maid ASAP.

Usobuko

Banned
Les cerisiers fleurissent malgré tout

Pretty nice read with touching moments. The story deals with death and life or, more in general, with the fragility of life. It deals also with the 2011 Japanese earthquake and how a promise can condition someone's life.

I found it to be somewhat deep. The protagonist feels a bit like an alter-ego of the author (the book is sold as an introspective story) and the feelings conveyed feel really genuine.

The protagonist, Itsuko, had heath problem since she was young. Since she overhears the doctor tell her family that her illness had already killed other kids, she starts dealing with death without concentrating too much on life, not until she meets a teacher that teaches her how to... deal with life. Later on, once she's grown up and after the earthquake, she has to learn to accept death.

The way the story is told and the pacing is pretty good. The art is nothing fancy but I like it. It concentrates more on the characters than the backgrounds though in such a character driven story I feel this is a positive.

If any of you French/Italian manga lovers have some money to spare, give this book a look, it's worth it.

I adore the artstyle, its character design is suited for this kind of stories.

Numb

Re:Marina 1-30

Future waifu falling from the sky. Pretty adorable but MC is a annoying sometimes.
Awesome overall but should have been about butts being the main point than boobs. They are always superior.

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 13-14

aww, expected their first competition to end like that but like they won't give up!

Russ T

Banned
One Piece 799

Nice been waiting for this to happen for a looong time.

Fully expect Luffy to refuse, but... Maybe he won't? He does, after all, want to be the Pirate King.

Ichiba Kurogane wa Kasegitai 01-05

Ichiba, heir to a large company, enters a school where money talks and nothing else matters and manages to incur a large debt on the first day of school.

Very enjoyable. Art's shaky but I like the setting. Main character's pretty cool if not eccentric and they are really handling how he'll pay off his debt in an interesting fashion.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Caught up with Youkai Shoujo. Spider-chan is the best. Read a new manga, Maou no Hajimekata. The amount of smut is ridiculous. Now reading Koi to Uso. I wonder what I'll read next...

Re:Marina 1-30

Future waifu falling from the sky. Pretty adorable but MC is a annoying sometimes.
Awesome overall but should have been about butts being the main point than boobs. They are always superior.

I could not deal with the MC in this. He is just the worst.

dani_dc

Dungeon Meshi Chapter 4

Poor thing.

But monsters are just what we call misunderstood animals!

One Piece 799

Nice been waiting for this to happen for a looong time.

Fully expect Luffy to refuse, but... Maybe he won't? He does, after all, want to be the Pirate King.

He might refuse the "Parent-Child" relation but instead accept them as "brothers" or similar, which will result on the same thing either way.
But it will give Oda the excuse to draw two pages of facial reactions.

So I was planning on going back through Devilman just because it's such a fantastic piece of work, but then I realized there were still other manga in the series that I hadn't gotten to reading yet, and it's not like re reading the original was necessary due to me forgetting plot details over time (I only first read it like 2 years ago)

So I'm checking out something different instead.

Amon vol. 1
So this basically starts out with the idea that Akira's initial rampage after finding Miki dead wasn't enough and gives setup to him losing his will so that Amon can take over his body.

And the result is him causing everything in the world to melt and fuse together with anything and everything Amon happens to walk by as he wanders around the world looking to murder Satan because he's that pissed at him.

I noticed the art was pretty familiar looking when I started reading, and that's when I remembered that I had read Strange Days a while back and this was basically done by the by the same artist several years prior. I still have a fondness for Go Nagai's usual art style and the goofiness that tends to come with the designs, but Yuu Kinutani's art is just gorgeous and still fits with this series quite well. I have a soft spot for axe crazy main characters, so watching Amon's rampage in action and battles with demons and devilmen alike with Yuu's artwork was especially delightful.

I'm honestly interested to see where the next five volumes go, because this first one was all about trying to regain Akira from Amon's control and in that regard it was succesful. The subtitle for Amon is "the Darkside of Devilman" after all, so I would expect it to continue exploring the internal struggle that a Devilman would have trying to keep their humanity while remaining fused with a powerful demon.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ichiba Kurogane wa Kasegitai 01-05

Ichiba, heir to a large company, enters a school where money talks and nothing else matters and manages to incur a large debt on the first day of school.

Very enjoyable. Art's shaky but I like the setting. Main character's pretty cool if not eccentric and they are really handling how he'll pay off his debt in an interesting fashion.

I like this one. While main character power is too OP, at least some of his strategy are grounded in reality.

Dungeon Meshi 4

Poor Marshilla. But hey, at least she got herself some delicious mandragora head (lol)

Numb

The Gamer 96-97

This thing will get real serious one day instead of feeling like a vacation. Although i do love training manga more than anything.
It got real deep with the gods out of nowhere especially for this type of manga. Nice.

Russ T

Banned
He might refuse the "Parent-Child" relation but instead accept them as "brothers" or similar, which will result on the same thing either way.
But it will give Oda the excuse to draw two pages of facial reactions.

Yeah I think that sounds about like what I expect to happen in the end. I'm excited. :D

Kurita

First manga purchases in a loooooong time (last time I bought some was in January heh), I'm two volumes behind...

I think I'll just focus on this, Space Brothers, I Am a Hero and Jojo (maybe Ore Monogatari).

Shokugeki no Soma 133 RAWS

Oh God Erina looks like she is having a stroke... never saw her like that at all
the girl is completely terrified...Her Father is a douche I mean he should know that his attitude of being a prick to the upperclass and his cold attitude in general would have the most effect on his biological daughter.... I mean any kid would feel the most impact if the words are coming from your own parent themselves

If he has this whole image of how cooking should be then he should go about it in another way.... Try to explain it to Erina in a more reassuring way and shouldn't try and be so hostile to everyone since you won't convert anyone to your ideology if you are a arse to begin with

bobohoro

Caught up with Youkai Shoujo. Spider-chan is the best. Read a new manga, Maou no Hajimekata. The amount of smut is ridiculous. Now reading Koi to Uso. I wonder what I'll read next...

You are in dire need of some serious manga without too much ecchi/smut it seems, so Monster Musume, Keijo or Tsugomomo.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Musume no Iede
A manga by Takako Shimura about a highschool girl who run away from home after her mother remarried. She like most of her manga, there's something comforting and also certain comedy in her manga that most people can relate too. And just like wandering son, the scene often jump around with a timeskip without much explanation.

One of the most interesting/funny aspect is probably the reason why she run away. Because her new dad is exactly her type. She run away to her father who is currently living with his gay lover (his father divorce with her mom since he fall in love with another man), and said lover is also her type. I need to mention that her father is chubby guy as well, so yeah... i think she's a bit father complex here.

Oh yeah, there's two chapter 1 for some reason. The first chapter 1 focus on Mayuko life after she accept her mother remarriage, while the 2nd chapter 1 show her time during her stay with her dad after running away from home (which also shown in the 1st chapter one, though without much detail)

artwork said:

Color page is glorious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom