• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

It's my birthday.
Obligatory post:
pl2Ph.jpg

Getting old stinks.

Shokugeki no Spoilers 134
Over half of the higher level elite 10
are on Azami's side, pretty obvious who would be on Grampa Nakiri side
(Erina, Kuga, Isshiki). Hoping Cat-sempai would on this side but shock~neko shock!
It's looks like we're entering power struggle arc where the graduating class will try to implement "proper cooking as an art for only the select" vs "cooking can be enjoyed by all" and will end with Soma and co as the replacements for the elect 10 graduating class come 2nd year.

Birthday PSA:
Who's birthday is it and who wants a birthday doodle :3 PM me I'll get it done as soon as my wrist feels weird (onset Carpal Tunnel)

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch.142
Tomo, no fashion leaders or police or whatever are gonna bust you for anything you decide to wear coming out of that store...perhaps.

Ana Satsujin ch.84 - 85
Alcohol is a hell of a thing.

Also that woman's fucking suspicious as hell. At least the rest of the coworkers are all cool.

It's my birthday.
Happy birthday, omae.

phaze

Imho all your parents were fans of Saint Seiya and knew that the best Saint was Shaka

But Shaka isn't even the best Virgo !

One Punch Man 4-53
I don't really have much to say, other than that I regret not giving it a proper chance earlier on. Looking at it now, chapter 5 is exactly where it started getting better, with gradual introduction of additional, recurring cast. To say this has great art would, I feel, be understatement. Despite my early scepticism, some scenes have really blown me away and I'm glad I decided to read it for the art at display alone. The comedy isn't maybe mindblowing but it picked itself up after the beginning and has some really good moments. Overall - fun read.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 70

I love all the characters in this
KuGsj.gif

Nisekoi 2-4

So Onodera is basically confirmed to be the promised girl at this point, or its seemingly implied she at least knows the truth behind who actually has the key that matches Raku's locket. I do like the dynamic of Raku and Chitoge trying to fake their love to basically not get murdered by the others family while also feeling oddly compelled by each other. In a vacuum I'd say this has a lot of potential to be a fun love triangle rom com... its hard to be objective when I know dumb harem shit is coming

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 2-4

So Onodera is basically confirmed to be the promised girl at this point, or its seemingly implied she at least knows the truth behind who actually has the key that matches Raku's locket. I do like the dynamic of Raku and Chitoge trying to fake their love to basically not get murdered by the others family while also feeling oddly compelled by each other. In a vacuum I'd say this has a lot of potential to be a fun love triangle rom com... its hard to be objective when I know dumb harem shit is coming

Its a funny series when you just ignore the actual plot and read it for reaction faces

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi 185

Komi wanted to prove he could do an action series I guess

Great job with more revelations that we don't get to see

FFS

Of course, I hate this arc because I hate Marika, so there's that.

Zweizer

Banned
Netgame no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta? ch11

It always makes me wonder how they're able to interact like that in a game.

Still, they sure are dense.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 185

Good Tsugumi fight, but she actually failed.

In a vacuum I'd say this has a lot of potential to be a fun love triangle rom com... its hard to be objective when I know dumb harem shit is coming

I don't think anyone should expect a standard love triangle romcom in something that's for the shounen demographic. Even despite the amount of girls, the story still focuses on Onodera and Chitoge regarding the main decision.

Numb

One of the most ridiculously over-the-top battle manga, lol.

A car makes for a surprisingly good weapon.
Love me some crazy but this was just too much sometimes. Just taking the taxi like normal isn't even normal at all. And they dare to have a conversation when one head was popping from the roof of the taxi and the other head was popping from the roof of the building. Don't even get me started on the helicopter delivery. Helicopters i mean.

Zweizer

Banned
Love me some crazy but this was just too much sometimes. Just taking the taxi like normal isn't even normal at all. And they dare to have a conversation when one head was popping from the roof of the taxi and the other head was popping from the roof of the building. Don't even get me started on the helicopter delivery. Helicopters i mean.

It was pretty entertaining, so it's all good to me!

FYI, the principal in Prison School was reading(had on his desk) Kyoaku Gakuen in the latest episode of the show.

Seriously? Hahaha, simply perfect.

I'm convinced that Nisekoi was the mangaka's response to his manga getting axed all the time due to lack of interest, so he set out to make as awful a harem manga as he could as a big fuck you to people and when it became so successful he just tried harder to make it awful and it didn't work. As a result he just makes reaction faces and angrily cries over the deed to his new house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom