• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Strenuous Life 01-02

wzbaNKz.png

a collection of different short stories

I want an elephant now

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The "ManGAF OG" signal. The "In my day, JUMP issues were released on Friday" signal.

By pirate groups that had only a tenuous grasp on cleaning raws, typesetting or the English language, mind you.

Numb

The Gamer 98

Shit will hit the fan one day and it will be glorious.
Not today tho. Gotta talk cash and starting workshops to sell goods.

Numb

Koutetsu Kishi Chevalion 1-3

Comedy superhero saves the world from the bad dude but can't transform back into his human form while his crew does.
Watch as he struggles to live with his powers that are slowly going out of control as he tries to do normal stuff.Also broke and unemplyed. Pretty funny.

Ouch!
Even poorer now.

GANGSTA:CURSED 00-01

A spinoff of Gangsta about the the dark horse of popularity, Marco and his surprisingly dark past.

First chapter didn't even bother explaining much, just lots of killing. Very interesting start to this which is very different from how the main series started. Lets see what makes this guy so popular besides a pretty face.

New York Times Bestselling Manga for August 30 - September 5

*1. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*3. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*5. Naruto Vol.71
*6. Attack on Titan Vol.1
*7. Attack on Titan Vol.16
*8. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Vol.2
*9. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.7
10. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.7

Damn Tokyo Ghoul has been doing really well ranking there for awhile.

OnePunch Man did well too. It seems like 2 Vols were released at the same time.

Nisekoi Vol.11

you know for all the hype for the raku's amnesia arc, it ended with such a dud

sure, it was nice to get some info about the keyblades, but it didn't really do anything with chitoge and raku's relationship besides oh gosh she liked their memories but of course will never tell him

haru's chapter wasn't bad but it definitely feels like here's some reasons why she might win even though she probably won't, also being a tsun tsun is still dull

marika's chapter was the real star, while cryptic and never telling us much it definitely feels like she knows she's going to lose to whatever time limit she has but doesn't give up, definitely raises her ranking

onodera's flashback was cute and super :solune

marika >/= tsugumi > ruri > onodera > haru > chitoge

Zweizer

Banned
New York Times Bestselling Manga for August 30 - September 5

*1. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*3. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*5. Naruto Vol.71
*6. Attack on Titan Vol.1
*7. Attack on Titan Vol.16
*8. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Vol.2
*9. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.7
10. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.7

Damn Tokyo Ghoul has been doing really well ranking there for awhile.

OnePunch Man did well too. It seems like 2 Vols were released at the same time.

Y'know, I'm always impressed by how well Monster Musume is doing there.

One-Punch Man beasting. Why is it still unavailable in Europe?

Moon-led Journey Across Another World 01-03

IFFn0NJl.png

Average looking high school guys gets sent to another world to become its hero. Well expect the goddess wanted someone more pretty so he kicks him out to the edge of the world.

Guy going to a fantasy world is nothing new, neither is starting new, learning magic, etc, etc
But, I'm enjoying this, it's pretty fun, the main character isn't op, the world seems interesting and he has a man crush on tsukiyomi lol

Am I the only one here who believes Mob Psycho 100 is superior to OnePunch Man? I feel like ONE's superior work is the former. Not to say OnePunch Man is bad but it gets a bit repetitive after a while when the series progresses and the humor gets a bit stale. The story, characters, art, and pretty much everything in Mob Psycho is better.

So yeah Mob Psycho is superior especially since I've been reading some of it.

Nisekoi ~21

I wanna punch this manga in the face, the fact Onodera, Chitoge, and Raku all remember making a promise to opposite gender and giving a locket/key shenanigans to ALL have amnesia about who that person was is super contrived. The worst thing is that in theory all 3 of them could be remembering different people making this entire plot thread useless. I want to like Tsugumi but she's essentially just filling the tsundere role while Chitoge figures out she legit likes Raku.

For lack of a better term I do not get the appeal of these kinds of series, I can accept the can't confess trope in an action series like InuYasha or Yona because the romance in those is secondary to the action plot which is usually doing something with teasing of "will they won't they". This is literally just "will they won't they" with laughable reasons why nobody ever confesses their feelings to keep the status quo nobody is happy with afloat. I'll admit the whole "our families may violently murder us/each other" but would two people dating/not dating really prevent/start a big battle? Odds are the Yakuza and the Mafia will end up fighting anyways whenever one steps on the others money making turf so to speak.

First one i liked but the second looking like he showing me his merchandise he wants me to buy.
Like everything about himexcept the design. Looking like a bland dude from Alladdin.
his win moveset is pretty great and his attitude

dude literally strikes poses like the Ginyu force/ Jojo

hopefully he has another alternate costume

It is only missing ACDC. Kars is already there.
ACDC is gross lol

dude had a messed up ability

Numb

his win moveset is pretty great and his attitude

dude literally trikes poses like the Ginyu force/ Jojo

hopefully he has another alternate costume

Kills me everytime.
Capcom loves jojo but they need to calm it.
Put all that fandom into an actual fighter.
I remember when the Ginyu force were real enough to scare Vegeta. Then again Vegeta is scared of everyone he clearly doesnt have a clear advantage over lol.

Kills me everytime.
Capcom loves jojo but they need to calm it.
Put all that fandom into an actual fighter.
I remember when the Ginyu force were real enough to scare Vegeta. Then again Vegeta is scared of everyone he clearly doesnt have a clear advantage over lol.

Vegeta pisses in his pants when he knows he is at a loss.... then he goes into inner monologue

but yeah Capcom has Rose,Rashid, and the NZ guy

Would be amazing having a fighter that cries like ACDC as a taunt or mechanic.
Dude gets low on health

"I..I-I can't take it" T-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom