• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Onepunch-Man (ONE) - 102

I just can't imagine -- comprehend -- even being to start thinking about putting myself in the head-space of understanding the concept creating something, with the lowest visual quality, you neglect so hard yet people will ignore your the other works you're proud of for the side trash you couldn't care less about. It must be frustrating.

God I need chapter 103 in my life :(

Inuyashiki v1

Hi DTL. You haven't said anything to me lately. It's been a little lonely...

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
sup brahs. how is everyone doing here

I could be doing better. I'm trying to get DTL to notice me :(

I'd like to understand why Fukka still exists... no one seems to know.

I'm starting to question what it means to be real. Do you exist if no one acknowledges your existence. Deep stuff like that.

How are you doing today?

I'm perfectly sane in case you were wondering; John's my friend.

World Trigger ~current

Okay I'll admit this newest arc has finally let Osamu start to ease into the role he was born to play, the tactician. I'm kind of hoping he'll eventually transition into the role of combat support when the team inevitably goes to the other world and that Hun or w/e his name is takes up the 3rd main member of the combat team. If Osamu is going to eventually be strong enough to hold his own his recent extra hours of practice is going a ways to make me appreciate him more if/when he gets there.

I really feel like world trigger gets a bad rap due to it's slow start, it's actually pretty good once it gets going with a lot of fun and unique ideas to help it stand out from the crowd. In the most current arc I like the chapter dedicated to a match recap that breaks down not just why things happen but how each team should or should not have played scenes it makes the world feel a bit more real to me.

Alright so next in my marathon quest to catch up on us shonen jump is...

Nisekoi

Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuu

Revo

Re:Marina 33-35

Absolutely horrible friends, there's usually the guy who jokes around about the couple but having both people actively try and sabotage and then focus a bunch on it is just terrible. This+ntr tease isn't making the ending feel welcome

Usobuko

Banned
Dungeon Meshi Chapter 7

Xdmbuyk.jpg

Cooking success - Living Armour.

bobohoro

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is EASILY within my top 5 manga of all time.

EASILY.

It's so hard doing Top-10s without forgetting stuff with manga, but yeah, that one would easily make it in and is something I'd recommend everyone to read. Can't wait for the final volume in the coming months and a full reread, it shall be glorious.

Bleach 624

I once imagined how life would be if Bleach was the only series I'd read.
I cried.

Usobuko

Banned
It's so hard doing Top-10s without forgetting stuff with manga, but yeah, that one would easily make it in and is something I'd recommend everyone to read. Can't wait for the final volume in the coming months and a full reread, it shall be glorious.

Bet my top 10 are some of the usual stuff that tend to appear on most people lists too. This is why I prefer to recommend stuff I think is good but relatively unpopular.

One Punch Man Vol.01

Based Murita

I'm definitely enjoying this and definitely helps now nice this looks

I definitely didn't think Saitama would be that much of an enjoyable character
course he would be cooler with hair /s
and Genos is pretty cool as well. I'm a fan.

Nisekoi 1

I can already tell this promised girl shit is going to be awful and almost unneeded. The idea of a false love between two kids who hate each other could have probably carried the series on its own ie reverse romeo and juliet. If I were naive I would just assume the simple answer is that Onodera is the promised girl that Raku can't remember for some reason but his false relationship with Chitoge would lead to complictions... But I have enough cultural osmosis to know like 5 more girls will be introduced who all love Raku because harem and for no reason they all have keys too correct?

People who are caught up with Nisekoi would the series have still largely worked the same if this whole promised girl key plot was removed? Or does is it ever actually add to the harem hijinx in a meaningful way?

One Punch Man Vol.01

Based Murita

I'm definitely enjoying this and definitely helps now nice this looks

I definitely didn't think Saitama would be that much of an enjoyable character
course he would be cooler with hair /s
and Genos is pretty cool as well. I'm a fan.

If he had hair, visually he'd just be Shin in a silly costume.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
htf8Ni2.png

I tried doing the above and just getting my leg straightened out was a stretch in itself. And the furthest I could hold it in was 90 degrees.

I also heard a terrifying crack.
I can do this even without bending my knee. But maybe I'm just more flexible than the rest of you guys. Or maybe you're all just
dirty
old men.

People who are caught up with Nisekoi would the series have still largely worked the same if this whole promised girl key plot was removed? Or does is it ever actually add to the harem hijinx in a meaningful way?
Pretty much, yeah. Promise girl shit hasn't added anything truly meaningful yet. In fact, the manga is more focused on subverting it.

I started the manga with the expectation that it would just be focused on a relationship in which both parties hate each other, so I'm pretty disappointed that it degenerated into harem hijinks v. 1004242094.2

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 1

I can already tell this promised girl shit is going to be awful and almost unneeded. The idea of a false love between two kids who hate each other could have probably carried the series on its own ie reverse romeo and juliet. If I were naive I would just assume the simple answer is that Onodera is the promised girl that Raku can't remember for some reason but his false relationship with Chitoge would lead to complictions... But I have enough cultural osmosis to know like 5 more girls will be introduced who all love Raku because harem and for no reason they all have keys too correct?

All of them have severe TBI so none of them can remember shit beyond like 5 years prior

I'm just assuming about the concussions, it seems accurate enough.

Revo

Pretty much, yeah. Promise girl shit hasn't added anything truly meaningful yet. In fact, the manga is more focused on subverting it.

Hopeful future spoilers:
My current hope is that through him realizing that the promise girl doesn't matter because he currently likes onodera he realizes that that too also doesn't matter because chitoge has replaced onodera in his heart and he has just been to Raku/stubborn to truly look at her like someone he loves

A multi step process

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hopeful future spoilers:
My current hope is that through him realizing that the promise girl doesn't matter because he currently likes onodera he realizes that that too also doesn't matter because chitoge has replaced onodera in his heart and he has just been to Raku/stubborn to truly look at her like someone he loves

A multi step process

Onodera is the Big Bad

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hopeful future spoilers:

A multi step process
Is this not how the manga is ending

What's even the alternative

Marche90

Nisekoi 1

*veeeeeeeeeeeery* rarely does the issue pop up, and sometimes it moves the "plot" forward, but 90% of the time it doesn't matter at all.

Umibozu

Ana Satsujin 85
If he goes on to kill her I will be done with this series.
I'm not bothered by her dying, just don't let it be by his hand.

dani_dc

He ends up with onodera and they live out their boring lives.
Or the typical cop out where he doesn't pick a girl and the last panel is him walking towards the group of girls in the distance.

Thats the worst case scenario, but the author seems to actually be moving somewhere with the story lately.

Haikyuu!! 173
COlraXNWoAE3umy.png

Best moment outside of the Tsukki Tendou showdown. We need to have another show down of TsukkiKage v Tendou to shut Tendou down, it will be so worth it. I would definitely save Tendou's face from such an event.

Inuyashiki v1

I dont like the lead character as he is pretty ancient. I wonder why one would choose to write a manga about a seasoned citizen as there isnt anything really appealing about it. The only thing he has going for him is a sense of justice and hinako (the dog), but if those features had been present in his son and his son had been the main character then I think this would have been a really good manga. The more interesting character to follow is the other person who was victim to the bright light incineration event. Hopefully he and his friend will get tons of screentime and do things together, which I imagine they have to be if he was able to come out to his friend.

You are literally the worst. The. Worst.

Thats the worst case scenario, but the author seems to actually be moving somewhere with the story lately.

HA HA HA

You wouldn't say that if you'd been following weekly since the first chapter.

*cries silently to himself*

Kimi wa Masturbata na Blowku na Jizz

Started reading this due to impressions here and...

...how sad is it I really like this just due to the fact that it doesn't have the Comics Code Public Morality bullshit that infests even some of the best manga? Like, I know it's seinen and smutty so a lot of those don't have shit like that but it's just refreshing to have them be like "Guess we'll live together" and a more realistic dude who is like "Well...if she wants to suck my dick I GUESS that's okay" instead of fleeing in terror from intimacy and blowjobs.

Yeah yeah, it's not fucking Dostoevsky, but it's good enough!

I guess I just need to read more smut.

Raku dies in a gangwar.

Acceptable.

Fist of the North Star 37

Ok now correct me if I am wrong but you need to be pretty precise to hit a pressure point right

So howcome Ken can do it with a huge steel girder? Hokuto Shinken OP plz nerf

Fist of the North Star 39

I don't know how the hell anyone is alive in this world between the bandits killing pretty much everyone and Ken killing all the bandits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom