• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I fucking want a Toriko Fighting game like Budokai Tenkaichi
Would work better than a traditional fighter. Other than a new good Jojo fighter i want a OPM fighter. Dont know how Saitama can be beat tho haha. Boss character maybe or his one hit kill is his ultra.

Kyuur

Would work better than a traditional fighter. Other than a new good Jojo fighter i want a OPM fighter. Dont know how Saitama can be beat tho haha. Boss character maybe or his one hit kill is his ultra.

Maybe he starts the fight as young Saitama and his only moves are running, pushups, situps and squats. They build a meter to his OPM form, which makes him invincible/one-hit KO/lose hair.

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) Cafe Latte Lovers (One-shot) by Methonium

Moomins, latte and curves. Pretty decent vanilla.

aVIbabK.jpg

Guess I'm gonna drink more coffee now.

Numb

Maybe he starts the fight as young Saitama and his only moves are running, pushups, situps and squats. They build a meter to his OPM form, which makes him invincible/one-hit KO/lose hair.
yep.
All the moves he does in regular mode are his training based. Like white snake with enrico where you build up to it.

Averon

Shokugeki no Soma 134 Spoilers

Eh, I'm really feeling this. That a simple majority of the E10 can oust the director makes that group far too powerful, even more so than they already were.
It will be interesting to see which first years goes to Azami's side and which one sides with the opposition. I'm going to assume the 4 E10 that didn't vote for Azami will oppose his faction

indeed Saitama would be hard to add.... you could do his semi serious moves before a serious one punch

I'd also love a new Jojo and HXH fighter

dani_dc

"According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar"

Seems like things will go down during Chiyo birthday/Tanabata.

aravuus

I know it's not a manga, but I don't know where else to ask (also it's rated second in MyAnimeList's top manga list!), so here goes: I'm a bit into the third volume of Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria, will it continue with the same "
a new box wielder every volume, protagonist(s) have to fight them
" formula for the rest of the volumes? Cause after Liar Game, I really, really don't want to read anything formulaic.

e: liar game got boring as fuck later on but at least I had character art and fun reactions to look at

Numb

indeed Saitama would be hard to add.... you could do his semi serious moves before a serious one punch

I'd also love a new Jojo and HXH fighter
Shonen and all these magazines should have lots of their battle mangas as fighters. Dengeki did it. Arena brawlers are ok but you need that deeply balanced and researched 2D and 3D fighters.

Give Jojo to arcsys and make it like Persona. Berserk to namco and it be like Soul calibur with Dark Souls guest boss characters.Dark souls loves Berserk as we have seen. OPM in the stye of SF from capcom with all the flashy ultras. HxH can be arcsys aswell. Netherealm gets nothing and Lab Zero is perfect for all of them since they know whats up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 134 Spoilers

Eh, I'm really feeling this. That a simple majority of the E10 can oust the director makes that group far too powerful, even more so than they already were.
It will be interesting to see which first years goes to Azami's side and which one sides with the opposition. I'm going to assume the 4 E10 that didn't vote for Azami will oppose his faction

I would be not surprised if there has to be an actual vote and we see Erina/Soma/etc. team up to try and convince the dissenting votes to change and/or remove them.

The best thing that could happen here is Erina challenges Eizan to change his vote and we get more character development on her and why she hates her dad.

dr labson

Neo Member
Kyoaku Gakuen Ch 1 - 3

This manga man. I haven't laughed this much since Prison School.
It's ridiculous, really hope this get a consistent release.

Shonen and all these magazines should have lots of their battle mangas as fighters. Dengeki did it. Arena brawlers are ok but you need that deeply balanced and researched 2D and 3D fighters.

Give Jojo to arcsys and make it like Persona. Berserk to namco and it be like Soul calibur with Dark Souls guest boss characters.Dark souls loves Berserk as we have seen. OPM in the stye of SF from capcom with all the flashy ultras. HxH can be arcsys aswell. Netherealm gets nothing and Lab Zero is perfect for all of them since they know whats up.

Exactly.... it seems lately the not popular series only get cameos in bigger Jump series

and those dragged on Naruto and DBZ games get more and more simple and basic

Jojo has a diverse cast and potential for a very in-depth fighter

well at least it is getting some game love though.... I just want HXH to get another fighting game

upandaway

Haly did you make sure your other leg is bent comfortably. That gave me like another whole 10 degrees when I noticed I wasn't relaxing my other leg

I know it's not a manga, but I don't know where else to ask (also it's rated second in MyAnimeList's top manga list!), so here goes: I'm a bit into the third volume of Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria, will it continue with the same "
a new box wielder every volume, protagonist(s) have to fight them
" formula for the rest of the volumes? Cause after Liar Game, I really, really don't want to read anything formulaic.

e: liar game got boring as fuck later on but at least I had character art and fun reactions to look at
There is an LN thread here actually, probably what you were looking for

Numb

Exactly.... it seems lately the not popular series only get cameos in bigger Jump series

and those dragged on Naruto and DBZ games get more and more simple and basic

Jojo has a diverse cast and potential for a very in-depth fighter

well at least it is getting some game love though.... I just want HXH to get another fighting game

Unfortunately the iron is coldest now so we might not be seeing anything HxH releated other than those cameos.
I somehow managed to play all those stupid Naruto games.
people hate Deidara so much online lol

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I have a question about this Fuuka manga

I've never read this series but remembered the drama around the "turning point" of the series. So the fans of the series know what I'm talking about. My question is related to why I'm still seeing new chapters released even though the turning point occurred. Did someone retcon the hell out of the plot or did the writer find a convincing way to drive the drive the steering wheel without a car
(and yes the analogy is correct the way you read it)

His fans.

He's surprisingly popular, even the English editor and staff of the manga mentioned that they formed a fanclub for him.

Why? He sucks, and I don't just mean he sucks because he's bad at combat (which he is) but he's just so boring. He's easily the worst part of world trigger and really outside of the opening arc where he took credit for Yuuma he's really not done anything to make me want to put him in my top 50 world trigger characters let alone number 1.

Edit: so dumb question... If they know the bad guys are actually after the c rank members why not just have all c rank members bail out? Yeah a black trigger did attack the base but this was way after the time period where Chika and the others could have bailed out.

Arabesque

Why? He sucks, and I don't just mean he sucks because he's bad at combat (which he is) but he's just so boring. He's easily the worst part of world trigger and really outside of the opening arc where he took credit for Yuuma he's really not done anything to make me want to put him in my top 50 world trigger characters let alone number 1.

I guess it's the Badass Normal appeal.

Yeah, he sucks at combat and yet tries to make do with what he has to defeat his opponents. So despite being way over his head, with all those superhuman opponents and aliens opening portals through reality, he looks at it and thinks "yeah, I can beat that". And then somehow he does, through his smarts and utilising what he has at his disposal.

Or maybe people just love the underdog. And Osamu is without a doubt an underdog.

He does come more into the forefront by the end of the Invasion arc and the current one

Edit: so dumb question... If they know the bad guys are actually after the c rank members why not just have all c rank members bail out? Yeah a black trigger did attack the base but this was way after the time period where Chika and the others could have bailed out.

They mention this at the end of the arc, but C-Rank (trainees) can't bail out because the ability to do so is given to B-Rank and A-Rank agents because
of a lack of resources

World Trigger Invasion Arc

This arc was a lot of fun and showed off a lot of potential for the world trigger world to have more awesome battles like this. I like that fighting giant monsters AND fighting other humanoid opponents are kept even as it gives scenes a lot of variety. In a lot of ways this feels like a better planned out Bleach it may not have reached any of the same highs that prime Bleach did so far but it kept far better pacing and variety that made up for it imo.

I still say Osamu sucks and does not deserve the most popular character ranking he got, even his speech at the arcs end where he promised to go rescue everyone did nothing for me as he was instantly bailed out by Kaido. Osamu is the Sakura of his team though at least he hasn't gotten to the point of being knocked out for half an arc yet.

So I started reading Fist of the North Star. I had previously watched a bunch of episodes of the anime but forgot how far I got. I still find it hilarious that Kenshiro is actually Wasteland Jesus and that it isn't really an overstatement. It is also hilarious that Hokuto Shinken is OP and can do pretty much everything. The level of pure unfiltered evil from the bandits just seems like parody, although this is the original source (bar Mad Max.) Seriously, these dudes just do everything to try and one up each other on dickishness - playing dead so that you can leap up and kill innocent people and then piss on their corpses, killing a bunch of kids in front of their adoptive grandmother and so on.

Bonus Kenshiro -

This arc was a lot of fun and showed off a lot of potential for the world trigger world to have more awesome battles like this. I like that fighting giant monsters AND fighting other humanoid opponents are kept even as it gives scenes a lot of variety. In a lot of ways this feels like a better planned out Bleach it may not have reached any of the same highs that prime Bleach did so far but it kept far better pacing and variety that made up for it imo.

I still say Osamu sucks and does not deserve the most popular character ranking he got, even his speech at the arcs end where he promised to go rescue everyone did nothing for me as he was instantly bailed out by Kaido. Osamu is the Sakura of his team though at least he hasn't gotten to the point of being knocked out for half an arc yet.

Love Osamu's dreamy eyes and Yuki Kaji voice and hes great as a normal person since everyone around him seems to have powerful latent abilities (chika huge trigger, slow aging experienced Yuma).

Osamu would be seventh on my list of favorites (Izumi, Satori, Midorikawa, Yoneyan, Hyuse, Miwa,

Numb

So I started reading Fist of the North Star. I had previously watched a bunch of episodes of the anime but forgot how far I got. I still find it hilarious that Kenshiro is actually Wasteland Jesus and that it isn't really an overstatement. It is also hilarious that Hokuto Shinken is OP and can do pretty much everything. The level of pure unfiltered evil from the bandits just seems like parody, although this is the original source (bar Mad Max.) Seriously, these dudes just do everything to try and one up each other on dickishness - playing dead so that you can leap up and kill innocent people and then piss on their corpses, killing a bunch of kids in front of their adoptive grandmother and so on.

Bonus Kenshiro -
Make sure to check out fist of the blue sky aswell.
Pre-apocalypse era with the previous fist of the north star master Kasumi Kenshiro(Yan wang) who is a chill ,smoking professor that loves the ladies.
-z6QJG.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4onNho0uonQ

Also the Jagi backstory manga which helps in understanding more about him.
Really good if you read it after his arc is done. Gory and NFSW stuff tho.

Arabesque

This arc was a lot of fun and showed off a lot of potential for the world trigger world to have more awesome battles like this. I like that fighting giant monsters AND fighting other humanoid opponents are kept even as it gives scenes a lot of variety.

That was one of the best things about the arc without a doubt. The different battles going on throughout the city and different locations both in the prohibited zone and he general area did showcase the scale of the battlefield (having all those diagrams to keep track of the overall battle was extremely helpful, and showed deep thought went into planning it out) and the difference in the tactics and opponents fought added a lot of intrude about how it all would go down. I really loved how it all came together in the end with Mira, Hyrien vs. Yuma, Osamu, Miwa and Replica at the base.

In a lot of ways this feels like a better planned out Bleach it may not have reached any of the same highs that prime Bleach did so far but it kept far better pacing and variety that made up for it imo.

That makes it sound more like the Anti-Bleach lol

I still say Osamu sucks and does not deserve the most popular character ranking he got, even his speech at the arcs end where he promised to go rescue everyone did nothing for me as he was instantly bailed out by Kaido.

I think Osamu's appeal as the underdog who slowly raises into prominence is honestly interesting to watch. Yes, it's a slow burn, sometimes frustratingly, but the fact he keeps on improving and trying his hardest to make it to where he needs to be.

I think that speech in particular during the press conference highlighted what makes him a good character. He's earnest and honest, sometimes to a fault, and when the going gets tough, he doesn't shy away from responsibility and confronts the problem head first, regardless of how difficult it might be.

As for Kaido helping Osamu, it was more of an obligation about trying to scapegoat Osamu, and an opportunity to reveal about the away missions. He didn't really bail him out, since Osamu already said he would carry the responsibility for what his mistake caused.

Osamu is the Sakura of his team though at least he hasn't gotten to the point of being knocked out for half an arc yet.

Eh.

I don't think so, since the entire dynamic between the 2 groups is different, but also because fundamentally Osamu is nothing like Sakura. He doesn't jump into dangerous situations because he's trying to chase after some childhood crush or get deluded into thinking he can carry everything on his own all the time.

If it's his position in the team, that also doesn't quite work because he's well aware of what he is lacking and tries his best in amending it through good leadership. He's not entering into a futile race with matching Chika's fire power or Yuma's experience (even if he does start to think he needs to improve in one-on-one battles, but you'll see where that thinking gets him).

Wiseblade

Word Trigger
Yeah, what makes Osama a good protagonist is that he's honest to the core and a Parker-esque sense of responsibility, but still has a level of maturity that's refreshing for a Jump protagonist. The last decade has been dominated with people who were already amazing before the story starts or achieved greatness through nepotism. This is the first time in a long time that we've got the opportunity to see a character grow from a real bottom tier.

Inuyashiki v1

Finally opened my review copy, fast read. I dont like the lead character as he is pretty ancient. I wonder why one would choose to write a manga about a seasoned citizen as there isnt anything really appealing about it. The only thing he has going for him is a sense of justice and hinako (the dog), but if those features had been present in his son and his son had been the main character then I think this would have been a really good manga. The more interesting character to follow is the other person who was victim to the bright light incineration event. Hopefully he and his friend will get tons of screentime and do things together, which I imagine they have to be if he was able to come out to his friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom