• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dungeon meshi 9
At first, i thought they're going to eat orc in this chapter. What happen next is some social bonding between different race thanks to food. Wonderful chapter.

bobohoro

Though it may not do it for most, her appearance during the flashback with shaved sides was right up my alley for a character I didn't find particularly attractive before.

I got a weakness for that hairstyle.

Flashback-Risa is almost as cute as Flashback-Mari. Only one that got better with time is Hana.

People confuse sausage with wurstel
wurstel with ketchup is ok
sausage with ketchup is eww

It's Würstl!

Keijo 49

Needs another cheek to be a real Cerberus.
Although the biting is fun.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol i told you

LoYZvq0.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
& 1-3

Not really feeling this, which is a shame. I'm not into age gap relationships, and everything moved slow as hell. Also the blatant sexism was kind of annoying, but I guess that's just how things were back in the day? I'm assuming this is set a few decades ago, anyway. Just feels muddled and boring.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The biggest potential problem with this Shokugeki development is that Azami's cooking philosophy legitimately makes no fucking sense.

Where does he think chefs get money from?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

He probably thinks they're still going to be filthy rich.

I wonder where Eizan comes into this. it seems like their ideologies are fundamentally opposed and yet they're forming the bad guys bloc?

rrvv

The biggest potential problem with this Shokugeki development is that Azami's cooking philosophy legitimately makes no fucking sense.

Yeah that how I feel too, I mean he look evil and all that but his idea is baffling.

Angry Grimace

I wonder where Eizan comes into this. it seems like their ideologies are fundamentally opposed and yet they're forming the bad guys bloc?

My guess is that Azami will not have the power to expel students directly.

Failing to see how this makes no sense. He thinks "pure cooking" is more important than making money. Which is probably easy for him when he's always had money.

I mean a top tier restaurant serving top tier food to top tier gourmets would probably be self sustaining, very much like the 1st seats booth. I think his concept makes sense using the art comparison. I fall into the category of dummy when it comes to art, I look at the Mona Lisa and just see a painting that looks good I guess but I couldn't explain to you why it's good or why it's considered one of the all time greatest paintings ever. However someone who's big into art and studied art history could probably go into great detail about what makes it such a masterpiece and why it's such a big deal. Replace art with food/cooking and that's essentially how Azami views things. To him only paintings that are masterpieces count as gourmet food and only those top tier intellectuals can truly appreciate it therefore only they deserve to appreciate it. Going back to the Mona Lisa if I was given an opportunity to see the real thing for a day I'd probably be like "ehh cool I guess" where as an art major would kill to see it for a few seconds and I imagine that art major would be pissed if a dummy like me got to experience something he couldn't. Azami's basically taking that concept to the extreme, why should a top tier gourmet chef serve food to people who can't fully appreciate it, they can eat the slop served by sub par chefs. Even if a dummy were to eat a true gourmet meal they likely wouldn't be able to explain why or fully appreciate it.

Is it a silly concept, maybe, but it does make sense. Especially in a series like SnS where cooking and cooking skill seems to be the biggest thing in the whole world. In the end the top tier who can truly appreciate fine gourmet food will pay the top tier chefs to make them top tier food.

Sekai Oni 82

This series can be incredibly inconsistent. But when it's on, it knocks it out of the park.

All the build up to that Adachi punch last chapter after being a joke character for 81 fucking weeks, then this chapter...man, this chapter...

Adachi starts laying into the King for killing all those kids and the King's facade starts breaking down with each punch as he says it was all to save the world. He would kill an entire universe of people if he had to to save his people. How sad and forlorn he looks, as Adachi slowly backs off...then-

Amazing. Fucking amazing.

Mahou Shoujo Site 26

Oooo, Mahou Shoujo team up! I guess...3 survive. And definitely not the boy. Too bad, they're all fascinatingly fucked up characters.

Revo

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 17

Think I'll like the WN way they do this wave fight more, unless the actual fight vs glass super wows me.

Fairy Tail 452

The two scenes happening at the same time was pretty nice.

Parasyte x Fairy Tail

For something starring Lucy, so little groping and not of her either!

Angry Grimace

Fuuka

Oh good, we get back to Yuu awkwardly refusing to be anywhere near Fuuka because she has the same first name as his dead girlfriend.

Oh, and I guess Nachi will find out why he's refusing to let her in his band, I guess.

Who the heck voted for Fuu in the second Nisekoi popularity poll she's been virtually a non character until the most recent 2 chapters. There is zero reason she should be in the top 10 especially not in front of Paula. Considering Onodera is back to back champ she's clearly the character most people want to see Raku end up with or have as their waifu

Nisekoi ~109

I'm glad Haru has finally realized she likes Raku and that Raku is the prince. Someone said it and I agree Haru is the only character worth a damn in this series she's grown more since her intro then any other character in the series. I assume her new gimmick will be trying to push Raku and Onodera together which will lead to her in super awkward positions with Raku instead.

Nisekoi ~109

I'm glad Haru has finally realized she likes Raku and that Raku is the prince. Someone said it and I agree Haru is the only character worth a damn in this series she's grown more since her intro then any other character in the series. I assume her new gimmick will be trying to push Raku and Onodera together which will lead to her in super awkward positions with Raku instead.

The only characters worth a damn in Nisekoi are actually these two.

Seriously, they kept me going 30 chapters longer than I would have otherwise. The side characters in Nisekoi are 10x more fascinating, 10x more honest and plot-moving and 10x better written. Just look at the fucking chapters with Shuu and the teacher. Whenever they dedicate a tiny arc to either Ruri or Shuu I'm on board. Seriously, even the fact that when an arc focuses on them the main characters suddenly turn into good characters is super weird. Just think how Raku acted during the whole Shuu/crush chapters and compare it to how he normally is. He said some fucking great stuff and that moment where he stops, turns to Shuu and goes "Well this is rare, you just lied, didn't you?" was an incredibly well done moment, art and dialogue wise.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

I thinkn azami want to raise the value of cuisine, limit it to certain consumer while making it more expensive. As for Eizan, i assume he plan to smuggle food to a rich dude who want a taste of it at higher price (this is done without azami knowing about it of course)

Revo

Girls of the Wild's 204

Kinda weird place to end a season unless the beach trip really has a romance trying increase.
Season has certainly has it's ups and downs, probably more downs in the latter half but I remember liking the first batch i read in one sitting (like 70-90) so can't say it's been all bad.

Jintor

Nana to Kaoru (beginning of current arc) --> (where we're at in current arc)

Like holy shit this better be the last arc cos I'm getting pretty tired of this lol. Also tachi totally told nana the l word re: kaoru so like after what thirteen volumes of tying one another up and stuff we really better be in the end game here involving their goddamn relationship.

also lol'd at how easy it is apparently for students to just fuck off to okinawa on a whim. Well less so for Kaoru but jeeze Nana, cripes

Oh, and the leathershop assistant being like a badass biker queen was pretty lolz. Also Kaoru's cousin who to my surprise is kind of peripheral, but I guess we're in endgame territory so

Revo

Noblesse 370-71

Not that I don't like Lazark, with all this I like him more, but it's so drawn out.
I heard that it might be drawn out because koreans like Lazark and don't want him to die and the comic has been getting bad ratings because of it. After all this, even though I'd like to see him live, would be so weird to keep him alive.

jbug617

Banned
Seems like there is some info out there about Soma 135 via the Shokugeki reddit

Hisako is fired from being Erina's assistant and Senzaemon is the one who told Soma's dad to send Soma to the school.

dani_dc

One Piece 800

Luffy just straight out refused, expected the refusal but not such a strong one.

Though they still created the fleet despite Luffy own wishes so that's what matters!

Parasyte x Fairy Tail

This is an official thing. I don't read Fairy Tail but this seems like an odd choice for a crossover. What?'

Edit: Apparently this is part of that Neo Parasyte thing.

Azure J

One Piece

Nakama + 5600 I guess! Pretty interesting stuff all around despite lots of it being setup for later.

Shokugeki no Soma

Well damn, that was abrupt. Senzaemon was the best though. He better be sticking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom