• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Sasen no Warukunai 3

Too short. I was waiting for development between the two leads, instead of just him. I guess that'll have to wait until next chapter.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey guys

Should I read One Piece now or wait for Monday

I could really do with some One Piece

BFMTzNC.gif

I'm now starting to recognize some of the avatar faces I've seen like Haru in a wedding dress and Raku's not my problem face during the princess swap

Very simple but fantastic chapter, lots of really good little character bits.
and now we've got the newly assembled fleet as well as Luffy's confirmed new 500M bounty,
I'm SO hyped for the next arc, it's going to be killer.

Wiseblade

One Piece

The last two chapters and the return of Sabo have pretty much justified the last two years in my mind. I hope Oda finds a better way of showing events in the wider world because things are going to get serious in a few arcs. Anyone fighting/toppling an emperor should be a world shaking event on par with the Battle at Marineford.

Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol 4 Extra Content Translated
GVPkCyk.jpg
Oe84p8Q.jpg

Hinami's Diary

Aside from the suffering imouto, it seems like we get additional information on what CCG feed's the prisoned Ghouls in Cochela. They seem to have a little bit of rights in CCG as well until their time is over. The extra content in the Vol is pretty nice.

Also from the Vol.

Arima's number 1 fan Ihei Hairu.

lol at the Shokugeki no Soma 135 Spoilers
Hisako getting fired by Erina's father..... The Old man (Previous Head) was the one that planned for Soma to attend the school by asking Soma's Dad

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hisako getting fired by Erina's father..... The Old man (Previous Head) was the one that planned for Soma to attend the school by asking Soma's Dad

She'll have to leave and live in the dorms? lol

I don't like that this arc is apparently making Erina turn into "damsel in distress" who can't just tell her father to fuck off despite telling everyone else in the world to fuck off at a whim

I was laughing at the spoiler image (which was Senzubean waiting for Soma in his room flexing his muscles lmao)

She'll have to leave and live in the dorms? lol

I don't like that this arc is apparently making Erina turn into "damsel in distress" who can't just tell her father to fuck off despite telling everyone else in the world to fuck off at a whim

I was laughing at the spoiler image (which was Senzubean waiting for Soma in his room flexing his muscles lmao)

indeed I agree but likely the author is usuing this "Hostage" scenario so that he could tie in all the foreshadowing parts of the story into one package with a end goal/plot rather then just facing more and more people

Gvitor

Shokugeki spoilers

Why does this manga is always the last to be released? =(
The spoilers were awesome,
hopefully Hisako goes to Polar dorm.

One Piece

I kinda liked the excuse for them to join Luffy without joining Luffy. But can we please get out of Dressrossa?

Bleach

Why do I still read this? Why should I care about Nemu?

Seems like it's off ever other week or something.

The author has a medical condition (something with his neck, I think), so he has to take breaks fairly often. If I recall right, it was because of this that they also issued a statement that WT's occasional placements near the back of the magazine was consideration for these breaks, rather than its lack of popularity.

Revo

Sekai Oni 91

she just don' care
and how could you even be suckered in for a minute by him, he obviously never gave a shit about anyone

So just had a wild crazy idea for Nisekoi, what if the promise girl is none of the 4, but is a 5th girl who died tragically and the key/promise is about remembering her when they're old enough to handle it. Would fit well with the picture book originally having a sad ending and also give the cast a subconcious reason to why they continue to delay opening the locket.

This is probably what won't happen/would be far too clever for Nisekoi but I feel like throwing it out there for giggles on the off chance it actually happens.

Umibozu

Teppu 32
The fights over. She lost.
I could see this coming, but the feeling it leaves me with is a little disappointing.
I can't tell if it's because of the way in which the story is concluding with knowledge that the series has been cut short or not.
Well at least she finally let out her feelings.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So just had a wild crazy idea for Nisekoi, what if the promise girl is none of the 4, but is a 5th girl who died tragically and the key/promise is about remembering her when they're old enough to handle it. Would fit well with the picture book originally having a sad ending and also give the cast a subconcious reason to why they continue to delay opening the locket.

This is probably what won't happen/would be far too clever for Nisekoi but I feel like throwing it out there for giggles on the off chance it actually happens.

Its a blind idiot plot to begin with. There's no actual reason even in-universe that Raku or any of the girls should care, and they've stated as such.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

I kinda liked the excuse for them to join Luffy without joining Luffy. But can we please get out of Dressrossa?

Pretty sure they're done with Dressrosa now. The chapter had them on the ship leaving.

somedevil

The chapter is out in spanish. Someone translated the end.

The chapter end with
Senzaemon telling Soma to go outside with him because he has something to tell him.

So theories are going to fly soon.

Plus it seems the 3rd rank guy school gear is that shirt with that winter hat combo.

The chapter end with
Senzaemon telling Soma to go outside with him because he has something to tell him.

Plus it seems the 3rd rank guy school gear is that shirt with that winter hat combo.

Man is Erina in a hopeless state
No backbone whatsoever a complete 180 from her prideful self

jbug617

Banned

The chapter end with

It's weird to see Erina like that. Soma reaction to Senzaemon and goes right back into his first run in with Dojima. I think it's the beginning to building the Polar Star to go against the school because seems like Erina's father is a good politician to the students

I'll save that till its finished at least

Nisekoi ~185/current

Series finally became a battle shonen I see :p

Hard to tell if this series is starting to head into the finale or just trimming the fat for the final year with just Chitoge and Kosaki left.

Will post more thoughts tomorrow, for now sleep (meant to go to bed 2 hours ago but wanted to finish Nisekoi). Tomorrow I start Blue Exorcist

See, this is just dumb.
Why did they do this.
I mean, I was never a big fan of the character, but still.

They should've hinted something about her Father before hand and adressed this fear complex she has of him via hints/foreshadowing

we saw her more compassionate side via hints, and foreshadowing that and her more innocent side, lonely side,etc... but not once did we see her have this intense fearful side

it is like she shut off all thoughts about her father and him ever returning to the point that when he did she didn't know how to cope.... I mean it looks like she is going to suffer from a heart attack at any moment

Sekai Oni 91

she just don' care
and how could you even be suckered in for a minute by him, he obviously never gave a shit about anyone

I think moreso that Adachi let up because he was just so disgusted he was saying all this bullshit. At this point there's no way Adachi would've believed a word of it. I think he was just so disgusted he'd even do that.

Keyman 44

Less booty-eating, more plot. But damn does this explain a ton. The artwork was fucking insanely gorgeous. And Clive was insane for leaving behind those titties.

Gintama 558

Every time shogun gets punched it's the best. Also, Kamui's dad is about to wreck the entire planet before everyone gets there.

They should've hinted something about her Father before hand and adressed this fear complex she has of him via hints/foreshadowing

we saw her more compassionate side via hints, and foreshadowing that and her more innocent side, lonely side,etc... but not once did we see her have this intense fearful side

it is like she shut off all thoughts about her father and him ever returning to the point that when he did she didn't know how to cope.... I mean it looks like she is going to suffer from a heart attack at any moment

I think that's honestly because if it was foreshadowed it may not have hit as hard. It's not apparently working as well as he hoped, but to have your ice queen be consistently above everything and then do a fucking 180 to be incredibly scared both makes her dad way more intimidating as well as making the effect over all larger. We've never seen her like this before so to go from 0-60 is really startling and makes it that much more serious.

Re:Marina 41-42

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan fuck that shit. I'm normally all about characters like Nee-chan but fuck her. Like, seriously, fuck her. That's some absolute bullshit. I cannot stand when people do that. Especially after she toyed with him only a couple chapters ago.

Revo

I think moreso that Adachi let up because he was just so disgusted he was saying all this bullshit. At this point there's no way Adachi would've believed a word of it. I think he was just so disgusted he'd even do that.

perhaps
still should have continued punching

Bleach 643

This better be over.

One Piece

Nakama + 5600 I guess! Pretty interesting stuff all around despite lots of it being setup for later.
Read this with the stomach flu, felt so much better (even though it was a placebo) loved the wrap up. Bet luffys bounty is gonna be ridiculous now heh

Wonder if the set up is for the final showdown with the government like enies lobbies or something sooner like with Blackbeard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom