• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been away from Manga for a couple years now, at least it feels like it, is there any new Molester Man or Onani Master style series that's popped up recently?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why are some of you obsessed with Erina and Soma being brother and sister? Her role is to be the tsundere/winner in his harem. I know you all like Megumi but she's got no real chance to win. Are you hoping that by shonen magic they're siblings that Erina won't win? Or are you hoping for incest end you lewd fans :p
Basically shipping. People keep saying that they want her to turn out to be related to Soma, but also don't like Erina, except making her related to Soma would make her far more relevant than she already is. Therefore, you can guess why: shipping. As though Tadokoro is going to do anything ever.

Speaking of weird incest shit, Azami's behavior towards Erina is weirdly sexual and I wish he would stop it. It doesn't help that Erina's reaction to him is pure terror and he already had her taken away from him. I'm sure (given the series) the effect is supposed to be that just that he's a supremely evil chef, but it comes off a lot more like he's physically or sexually abusive towards his daughter and his current behavior is implying the second. I don't know if the author didn't think this through or if this is intentional, but its really weird and out of place.

Zweizer

Banned
I've been away from Manga for a couple years now, at least it feels like it, is there any new Molester Man or Onani Master style series that's popped up recently?

These aren't very new, but have you read Prison School and Hinamatsuri?

There's also Hatarakanai Futari, which is more recent.

Great stuff, thanks for posting this! I probably wouldn't have seen it till the Re volumes start coming out over here, which probably won't be for years.

I want to live in a world where volumes are simultaneously released here. :(

Here's more Extra content from Vol 4 of TG Re.. Mirumo' Diary (Tsukiyama's Father)

http://drowning-in-theories.tumblr.com/post/129247216283/mirumos-diary-entry-tgre-volume-4-omake

Deathflag raised....

So at one point Tsukiyama felt sad about eating Humans. I'm really curious on what happened to Tsukiyama's mom. These diaries have been really great.

Umibozu

Minna! Esper da yo! 8
So now we know how the powers actually form/work.
Looks like someone showed up with the same power as the protagonist. Hope they can get along.
good chapter overall

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 91
drink pervert juice responsibly

Zweizer

Banned
Thanks. The first two don't really seem similar, but Hatarakanai sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

Prison School approach romance (and other things) in an interesting manner so it's very much worth checking out. Hinamatsuri is just a great and quirky slice of life with interesting relationships as well, though mostly devoid of romance.

If you want something more similar to the two you listed, Husky & Medley and Boys on the Run fit the bill better, though neither of them are recent (even if the latter's translation is still ongoing).

Soma 135

Kind of disappointed Erina has completely lost her backbone, but we already know there's some reason for that, at least.

Civil war about to go down.

Dungeon Meshi 10

Oh God these things are even worse then mimics, they only attack you AFTER you got the loot! Thanks, Satan!

Jitsu wa 91

Pervert juice?

11875480_887355931314059_637220055_n.jpg

I figured it out.

Azami is Aizen.

Azami -> Aizam -> Aizen

This explains all the chiaroscuro and keikakus.

So who is going to be Momo in this situation?

Revo

Black Haze 125

wtf, selling him to a slave dealer as a joke
also lol @ the reasoning he used
wonder how rood becomes how he is now then, i had first assumed he would be sacrificed for the tower thing

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Black Haze 125

wtf, selling him to a slave dealer as a joke
also lol @ the reasoning he used
wonder how rood becomes how he is now then, i had first assumed he would be sacrificed for the tower thing

I think it's possible that the slavers sold him to the tower before they got killed.

I don't understand foster dad's reasoning, here's hoping Kiel killed him off or something.

Revo

I think it's possible that the slavers sold him to the tower before they got killed.

I don't understand foster dad's reasoning, here's hoping Kiel killed him off or something.

ah yeah that's a possibility.
maybe it was being sent to rood but the foster dad wanted it? so he secretly stole it from rood but rood found out? it's not really clear at all, but that'd be the best guess

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just feel like this is probably designed to be Erina's face-turn arc.

I don't know, feels early for a "Soma saves Totsuki" arc.

I hope it won't be a Soma saves everything arc. At any rate he won't be acting solo. This looks more like Erina will finally be getting development and an arc as it seems Aizen's plan is all about using her as the trump card.

Soma 135

To focus on stuff that's not actually incest or shipping, I do also find it interesting that no one approached Isshiki to convince him.

I'm also super interested in Hisako being dismissed because this maybe means she gets more development and can stop being a little one note.

And the subtext to Erina and her dad's relationship doesn't bug me that much to be frank, as I don't think the manga is going that way at all. I think it's just using that imagery to make it even more dark and uncomfortable. I think he's just an emotionally manipulative monster, I don't think there is anything incest-y there.

Not my Fault I'm Not Popular 85

Oh Tomoko. You...seemed to be doing so well. Well, for you.

Edit: I'm not entirely certain why people are so worried about the series becoming stock or tropey after all this time when it's shown time and again it is very good at avoiding all that.

jbug617

Banned
According to Reddit, Erina talks about her trauma on the Drama CD (might be canon).
Apparently she used to be starved when she was growing up. Maybe it was to train her tongue

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 135

they have this conversation->soma tries to help erina->gets expelled by evil father->adventure around the world with hisako

it's perfect

balgajo

Boku no Hero Academia 59
For sure it's my favorite thing right now. Based Horikoshi. Soma coming in a close second.

Lol at Mineta so many times.

I wonder what the reasons the Elite 10 had for doing the switch, other then Rindou who apparently did it because it's OMOSHIROI. I don't know what Aizen could give them since they already have executive power, I guess it had to be per individual?

Also the third seat, guy in the beanie with the huge stature didn't vote for it, who knows why. It's not just the 6-10 group either since 9 voted for it but not 3.

I half expect Soma to get 6 other people and do a massive Shokugeki, Megumi, Hisako and Alice would probably be 3 of them. I don't know how though since Erina is better then Soma and still the lowest rank and they don't have much of a reason to accept anyway.

I wonder what the reasons the Elite 10 had for doing the switch, other then Rindou who apparently did it because it's OMOSHIROI. I don't know what Aizen could give them since they already have executive power, I guess it had to be per individual?

Also the third seat, guy in the beanie with the huge stature didn't vote for it, who knows why. It's not just the 6-10 group either since 9 voted for it but not 3.

I half expect Soma to get 6 other people and do a massive Shokugeki, Megumi, Hisako and Alice would probably be 3 of them. I don't know how though since Erina is better then Soma and still the lowest rank and they don't have much of a reason to accept anyway.

He beats her because the pressure of her father and his ideologies force her to overthink/over prepare her dish and be beaten by Soma's more pure and naive cooking making her realize her tsun love for him.

jbug617

Banned
Do you think Erina's father is the same guy that was listed when Dojima found out who Soma's father is? Obviously his last name is not a Nakiri but can't be a coincidence they listed that name there.

CPIxpDzWwAAHzsh.jpg

Angry Grimace

Do you think Erina's father is the same guy that was listed when Dojima found out who Soma's father is? Obviously his last name is not a Nakiri but can't be a coincidence they listed that name there.

CPIxpDzWwAAHzsh.jpg

I'm guessing he just married into the family given that he keeps talking about his blood at the academy (meaning Erina) instead of himself.

Angry Grimace

Its going to be exceptionally dumb for Azami to do basically anything that pisses them off in any way given that they have the power to remove/install directors on a fucking whim.

My guess is that he just strips power from the Imperial Senate and declares himself Totsuki emperor.

He beats her because the pressure of her father and his ideologies force her to overthink/over prepare her dish and be beaten by Soma's more pure and naive cooking making her realize her tsun love for him.

My theory here is that he'll just snap her out of her BSOD and she'll mobilize to either kick her dad out or POWER OF FRIENDSHIP him (which, based on previous arcs seems fortunately likely)

Angry Grimace

The only reason Senzubean is in Soma's dorm room is to tell him about this, I imagine. But I doubt he's there to tell him to save the Princess, he's probably there to tell him that Azami has an ax to grind with Joichiro which is going to affect Soma.

CPIxpDzWwAAHzsh.jpg
Maybe they changed his name in the records when he was exiled. They did say they erased all mention of his name, but maybe they just changed it in this case for the purpose of not leaving a blank

somedevil

The only reason Senzubean is in Soma's dorm room is to tell him about this, I imagine. But I doubt he's there to tell him to save the Princess, he's probably there to tell him that Azami has an ax to grind with Joichiro which is going to affect Soma.

This is probably whats going to happen. The father was as a chef for the family at the time when Azami was about to get kicked out of the family. Joichiro probably played a part in that happening.

Boku no Ashido is Best Girl 59

Wait...

...was that some foreshadowing? He mentioned how giving abilities to people with Quirks combines them or mutates them or whatever...and how the original brother had a quirk it just wasn't an apparent one that activates or anything.

...are they foreshadowing that Deku has a quirk too that just never activated because of what it does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom