• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

random25

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 148

Tomo-chan is just naturally manly.

Re:Marina 41-42

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan fuck that shit. I'm normally all about characters like Nee-chan but fuck her. Like, seriously, fuck her. That's some absolute bullshit. I cannot stand when people do that. Especially after she toyed with him only a couple chapters ago.

Yeah, she's really irritating at this point. But this manga is near the end game so that's probably why older sis is in drastic measures.

Shokugeki

One thing is for certain...Regardless of who the No 1 in the E10 is, Erina is being set up to have more potential. Obviously more than her father as well. He is the ruthless, ambitious guy and Erina is his golden ticket.

Revo

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 15-17

they learn so fast
really nice seeing them bounce off each other

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 15-17

they learn so fast
really nice seeing them bounce off each other

Glad someone else is reading this, love the fast pace nature of this series, I'm guessing since they're always in danger of getting axed due to the subject matter/lack of "pretty people" the creator wants to get the most of the series before then. Real smart. Even if this series does pick up and gain a footing, they can fall back to 2nd-3rd year and even beyond.

I seem to remember (although this could be the stomach flu keeping me a wake at 4:00am) that DTL wanted this series to be canned or not be picked by US Jump because of Best Blue and Black Clover. DTL gonna be DTL I guess <shrug>

I read
Black Clover
...I thought it was pretty generic and shonen

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 91

I think something broke in me. I'm...not sure if I can ever laugh that hard at a manga again. Time to search my heart and soul.

*leaves on a 10 year journey*

Also, talk about a shock. I know they were skirting around it because of dumb Japan bullshit but that may be one of the first times in a manga it showed kids underage drinking without it ACTUALLY being juice (instead of just calling it that to get around the laws).

Rhapsody

Banned
Whatever that KNIM joke spinoff is called

I didn't expect much, but I got less than what I expected. That Yuzuki picture reminded me of how weak Seo's art is when characters are an an angle or posing.

bobohoro

One Piece 800

Akward rejection turning followers into stalkers.
That went well.
Kidding, nice chapter.

Bleach 643

I want it to end.
It probably won't end.

Boku Girl 57

This manga kinda lost steam. It desperately needs something to move the plot/relationships forward a bit, and less creepy dad.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch88.5

Poor Karen. She's too much of an angel.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch91

Holy shit. Well, they sure know how to party. Spin-off when?

R094Gr6.png

Nothing wrong with it at all!

dani_dc

Yeah, Seo can't write Soma.
And since when is Haruko a genius cook?

Random naked Eba though lol.

Glad someone else is reading this, love the fast pace nature of this series, I'm guessing since they're always in danger of getting axed due to the subject matter/lack of "pretty people" the creator wants to get the most of the series before then. Real smart. Even if this series does pick up and gain a footing, they can fall back to 2nd-3rd year and even beyond.

I seem to remember (although this could be the stomach flu keeping me a wake at 4:00am) that DTL wanted this series to be canned or not be picked by US Jump because of Best Blue and Black Clover. DTL gonna be DTL I guess <shrug>

I read
Black Clover
Im glad we got BLack Clover, though looks like JPN doesnt like Best BLue. It was so good.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shokugeki no Soma 135
LMAO. Nakiri grandpa is the best. Flexing his muscle in Soma's room while waiting for him.
Oh shit, rip Hishoko.

Dungeon Meshi 10

Another party hit the dust thanks to treasure bugs. I'm having a blast with this manga. Every chapter is pure gold!

Sekai Maou 22

Senshi and Lyos worst nightmare. Monster that can't be cooked.

Marche90

Shokugeki no Soma 135

Hishoko ;_;. Also, lol at Nakiri grandpa, flexing his muscles like nothing is wrong in someone else's room. I know I've said this before, but I can't wait for the next chapter

Blue Exorcist 1-9

This works a lot better in manga form,the anime was bogged down by a lot of filler in canon episodes which really slowed things down. Still in territory that was covered by the anime.

Marche90

Blue Exorcist 1-9

This works a lot better in manga form,the anime was bogged down by a lot of filler in canon episodes which really slowed things down. Still in territory that was covered by the anime.

Oh, don't worry. Once you hit the current chapter, you will realize that the manga has a terrible pacing, like if it was a weekly shonen series.

I kinda dropped it for that reason, I couldn't stand the pacing of the chapters where I left it off.

upandaway

Soma 135

Hoping for some big reveals on Soma-Erina finally. Definitely looks like we're getting something.

Also if this doesn't end up with Hisako at the dorm ASAP I will flip a table

Erina's a goner at least for a while. Curious if this is gonna be a self contained arc or the new status quo.

dani_dc

Attack on Titan 73

They really should had plugged the hole in between the Shiganshina District and Wall Marie before going towards Wall Marie.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Senzubean doesn't get the job back they should let Gin be the director. He's got the muscles for the job.

I read
Black Clover

if dtl could make a BL joke out of the title for Dance-bu he'll probably like it too

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 135

Hoping for some big reveals on Soma-Erina finally. Definitely looks like we're getting something.

Also if this doesn't end up with Hisako at the dorm ASAP I will flip a table

Erina's a goner at least for a while. Curious if this is gonna be a self contained arc or the new status quo.

I'm guessing its just learning Azami's history with Joichiro and why Soma needs to watch out since Azami will try to expel him immediately if he figures out that Joichiro is his father.

Yeah, Seo can't write Soma.
And since when is Haruko a genius cook?

Random naked Eba though lol.

The point of the chapter was "Seo wants to draw more naked Eba"

Kyuur

Aside from the suffering imouto, it seems like we get additional information on what CCG feed's the prisoned Ghouls in Cochela. They seem to have a little bit of rights in CCG as well until their time is over. The extra content in the Vol is pretty nice.

Also from the Vol.

Arima's number 1 fan Ihei Hairu.

Great stuff, thanks for posting this! I probably wouldn't have seen it till the Re volumes start coming out over here, which probably won't be for years.

I want to live in a world where volumes are simultaneously released here. :(

Shokugeki no Soma 135

They showed the small panel of the spice department after Azami's speech.... I have a bad feeling that spice dude will turn to the dark side in order to increase his talents...

Now the theories are inbound for what the previous Director will tell him

• Erina is his half sister
  • Erina is his twin
  • Erina is his fiancee arranged by both of their deceased mothers
  • Erina is connected to Soma in some way via that scar
  • Due to Shonen logic and randomness Erina is his Mother changed into a child

dani_dc

Shokugeki no Soma 135

They showed the small panel of the spice department after Azami's speech.... I have a bad feeling that spice dude will turn to the dark side in order to increase his talents...

I like both of these
at the same time.

phaze

Great stuff, thanks for posting this! I probably wouldn't have seen it till the Re volumes start coming out over here, which probably won't be for years.

I want to live in a world where volumes are simultaneously released here. :(

There is Torso's diary there too. Guess what's it about.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Shokugeki no Soma 135

• [*]Erina is his half sister
    [*]Erina is his twin
    [*]Erina is connected to Soma in some way via that scar
    [*]Due to Shonen logic and randomness Erina is his Mother changed into a child
Bold:

HMib4HH.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Erina is one of Jouichiro's dishes brought to life by foodgasm magic.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma 135

• Erina is his twin
  • Erina is connected to Soma in some way via that scar

A) Impossible
B) Impossible

They have different dads. They can't have the same mom because they're the same age.

Kyuur

There is Torso's diary there too. Guess what's it about.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

Oh god. His obsession with Mutsuki is so creepy.

I find it weird that his obsession is what makes him creepy to me, and not the fact that he dismembers people and then hugs their torsos. Priorities.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Erina is actually Jounichiro daughter, while Soma is actually a Nakiri.
Nakiri dad dissapointed with Soma didn't have any talent, so he swap it with Jounichiro daughter.

Not sure if the timing of the scene is supposed to imply that Soma has ANOTHER guest aside from Senzaemon, or that Senzaemon is said guest who beat Soma to the punch.

It would be nice if Hisako is that guest who comes to Souma for help.
because Hisako has no other friends aside from Erina/Souma.

Why are some of you obsessed with Erina and Soma being brother and sister? Her role is to be the tsundere/winner in his harem. I know you all like Megumi but she's got no real chance to win. Are you hoping that by shonen magic they're siblings that Erina won't win? Or are you hoping for incest end you lewd fans :p

Haly

I figured it out.

Azami is Aizen.

Azami -> Aizam -> Aizen

This explains all the chiaroscuro and keikakus.

Haly

We're all just inside his shikai, as usual.

yolo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom