• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
All rounder meguru vol.1

Woah, this is great the fighting scene, movement. Really good. Guess i'll buy the lates vol later.

Droplet

Jojo Part 5: Vento Aureo End

That was a thing. I think learning that
Polnareff
was in this made me interested enough to muster the motivation to read it all, but well...that was not as worth it as I thought it would be. I'm still struggling to think of anything I liked about it. I suppose I did find Narancia somewhat endearing
and thus was fairly sad with his death
, but that was about it.

I'm still laughing at Fugo just getting left out for the rest of the manga. I read somewhere that Araki wanted him to be a traitor that Giorno would have to kill, but decided against it and just had him leave. Instead, it really seemed like he just forgot about him.

Anyway, onto Stone Ocean! I am pretty excited about the first female Jojo.

dani_dc

Jojo Part 5: Vento Aureo End

That was a thing. I think learning that
Polnareff
was in this made me interested enough to muster the motivation to read it all, but well...that was not as worth it as I thought it would be. I'm still struggling to think of anything I liked about it. I suppose I did find Narancia somewhat endearing
and thus was fairly sad with his death
, but that was about it.

I'm still laughing at Fugo just getting left out for the rest of the manga. I read somewhere that Araki wanted him to be a traitor that Giorno would have to kill, but decided against it and just had him leave. Instead, it really seemed like he just forgot about him.

Anyway, onto Stone Ocean! I am pretty excited about the first female Jojo.

Your impressions mirror my own, right down to Narancia:

dani_dc said:

Polnareff inclusion felt like "oh hey remember this guy?", and the idea of Polnareff hacking anything or being in charge of something felt so out of character.

Talking about things that Araki forgot, Golden Experience got stabbed by the arrow very early into Part 5 without transforming into Golden Experience Requiem.

Anyway, hope that Part 5 didn't burn you out to the point of affecting your enjoyment of Stone Ocean! I'll look forward to your impressions on it and hear what you think of Jolyne.

Rhapsody

Banned
Your impressions mirror my own, right down to Narancia:

Polnareff inclusion felt like "oh hey remember this guy?", and the idea of Polnareff hacking anything or being in charge of something felt so out of character.

Talking about things that Araki forgot, Golden Experience got stabbed by the arrow very early into Part 5 without transforming into Golden Experience Requiem.

Anyway, hope that Part 5 didn't burn you out to the point of affecting your enjoyment of Stone Ocean! I'll look forward to your impressions on it and hear what you think of Jolyne.

Did you just call Narancia a she?

bobohoro

Assassination Classroom 147

Hype!

Maou No Hajimekata 5

5 dark elves? You don't say. With their own hot spring rooms? No way!
And then, nothing happens.

wonzo

Banned
hatarakanai futari whatevs-34
hatarakanaifutari20.png

sometimes even ass can be bad

very very bad

Shengar

Dressrosa Arc - Final Thought

Quality wise, this arc is still...subpar, even when compared to Thriller Bark. It is quite strange and unfortunate since the villain of this arc is Doflamingo, the supposedly most interesting member of Shichibukai who also move quite a lot within the world's narrative beside Blackbeard, Crocodile, and Kuma. The final confrontation falls very flat even when compared to the anti-climactic final moment against Enel. There isn't any feeling that the SH wins a big stake against him whilst narratively there are a lot of things on the table here.

I think the biggest falling of Oda here (and pretty much any arc after the timeskip) is that he overstretched the plot too much by introducing too many named characters and subplot related to them. Beside the main plot of Law and Luffy taking down Doflamingo (and ultimately Kaidou), we have King Riku and Dressrosa true sovereignty, Kyros and Rebecca relationship, Law's old feud with Doflamingo and many other subplots that I can't particularly remember. This caused the narrative lose its focus, making many named characters pushed into irrelevancy despite their power and their position within the world. In the case of the villains, we only have two who feel really memorable: Doflamingo himself and Senor. The former is obvious, but even then there are so many wasted and unexplored potential due to unfocused nature of this arc while the latter actually have enough screen time.

With how Doflamingo handled and his relation to the overall Dressrosa plot, Oda try to make him the mastermind of everything, of something bigger only to failed miserably. Since Smoker said it himself that what happened to Dressrosa similar to what could happened with Arabasta, perhaps Oda should reread Arabasta Arc that much better in many way possible.

Will Oda return to his form? I don't know. One Piece grand plot getting bigger and involved even more fucktons of characters. It might become better but it also could become even worse. But even then, Whitebeard War Saga that also involved a lot of named important character feels much better, more focused, and better execution overall. Oda need to cutdown the fats of his subplot or his future arc will ended up jumbled mess with flat final confrotation.

And oh, someone really need to tell his worsening same face syndrome. Koala first appearance had her with the full, cheeky face and now she share the same face with Nami. And don't get me started with Tashigi since that makes my yodium level skyrockted hard.

Revo

Yuusha ga Shinda! Murabito no Ore ga Hotta Otoshiana ni Yuusha ga Ochita Kekka 1-25

My impression of thigh highs has reached an entirely new level.
Comedy is alright.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Assassination Classroom is still around? And it has more chapters than Shokugeki does? Wow. I didn't even know.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
What's even going on with Peephole? I stopped reading around the 40s.

Mizutama Honey Boy 6 - 7.6

Poor dad. That oneshot was cute, too.

Yay, I could finish Blade of the Immortal! It has been published all the volumes in my country.

For reference, I started reading 17 years ago... There has been a few hiatus in his publication and two editorial switches as companies were bust and licences were bought by other companies.

rrvv

So does Magi, but I was surprised to learn that was still around too.

Hardly surprising. It have strong start at beginning and still maintain it's top rank for most part until now. It still have Season 2 anime later so it still reasonably popular. For some reason is not popular in here.

Also 147 is not that long for Shonen manga -_-

But yeah is we pretty much pass halfway mark in the story. so it could end 1-2 years from now

somedevil

More shokugeki no soma 126 spoilers:

Alice group ranked last in their area because she decided the menu the day before. So they lacked the ingredients to make the dishes

The Number 2 is not ranked at all. So is she doing a booth?

Soma is working with someone. He gave that person a keyto something

In day 2 he added a noodles dish and went from 40th to 35th

Zweizer

Banned
Hatarakanai Futari ch35

Such a scaredy-cat~

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch94

Friends~

E? Heibon Desu yo?? ch8

Didn't expect such a family story.

Rhapsody

Banned
Side note, just saw the first episode of Prison School. Covered so much on just 1 episode, but I don't mind.

I never looked up info prior, so Kanahana as Hana amuses me greatly lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom