• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Without Sinbad interference, the whole civil war will be boring to read with the huge differences in strength further compiled by Judar disappearance. At least now I can also be intrigued to the deal Hakuryuu made with Sinbad for requiring his assistance.

ryan13ts

One Piece:

I'm so happy to see someone talk shit to the Gorousei, even if it is that scumbag Akainu. Also, mad props to Fujitora to standing up for the truth, regardless of it costing him his career.

Am I the only one praying that Oda shows us Kaido soon? I'm dying to see what the guy even Doffy was afraid of looks like.

Jump Rankings this week (since my previous post was for last weeks) Devilyman debuts anything with CP or Cover has no official rank.

Best Blue (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Boku no Hero Academia
One Piece
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Black Clover
Sesuji wo Pin! to (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Gintama
Haikyuu!!
Devilyman
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Toriko
Kagamigami
Sekai no Kurosawa (One Shot)
Isobe Isobee Monongatari (CP)
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Bleach
Lady Justice

yeah rip kagamigami

One Piece:

I'm so happy to see someone talk shit to the Gorousei, even if it is that scumbag Akainu. Also, mad props to Fujitora to standing up for the truth, regardless of it costing him his career.

Am I the only one praying that Oda shows us Kaido soon? I'm dying to see what the guy even Doffy was afraid of looks like.

Well Fujitora was made part of the Marines through a draft after Marineford, so I doubt he's actually too attached to the job in the first place

Shengar

One Piece ch793

These world-spanning chapters never disappoint. Nice to see how everyone's reacting to Doflamingo's downfall. Definitely liking Issho and his sense of justice.
Oda indeed still have the touch in presenting world-spanning chapters like these. I really hope someday he do such chapter more in length.
Also due to the value of justice, it makes many marines character much interesting. Fujitora while he seems to hate pirates without exception, he doesn't follow justice as blindly and can make compromise to reach the greater end he strife for. I wonder if Doflamingo's defeat and Fujitora's "official" apology will shake the whole shichibukai system.
These balls are UNSTOPPABLE
The power of GRAVITY.
One Piece

So what I got out of this basically is that Fujitora is joining the SHs

I don't know if taking Luffy's head will make him pass to join SH.

Well Fujitora was made part of the Marines through a draft after Marineford, so I doubt he's actually too attached to the job in the first place

For a new guy to be promoted directly to Admiral....I think Fujitora is already respected figure for the Marines of some sort.

Oda indeed still have the touch in presenting world-spanning chapters like these. I really hope someday he do such chapter more in length.
Also due to the value of justice, it makes many marines character much interesting. Fujitora while he seems to hate pirates without exception, he doesn't follow justice as blindly and can make compromise to reach the greater end he strife for. I wonder if Doflamingo's defeat and Fujitora's "official" apology will shake the whole shichibukai system.

The power of GRAVITY.

I don't know if taking Luffy's head will make him pass to join SH.

For a new guy to be promoted directly to Admiral....I think Fujitora is already respected figure for the Marines of some sort.
I feel like he was chosen more for his strength than anything else

Zweizer

Banned

Fujitora definitely is one of the most interesting characters introduced this arc. I think it's very likely that the Shichibukai system will undergo some changes soon.

Arabesque

Nisekoi is absent for the first time ever? What happened, Komi Naoshi never misses a dead lin---

6LZ5HkR.jpg

First it was Idolm@ster

Then it was Dragon Quest

Now Fire Emblem claims another.

This is obviously a joke, since he had been playing Super Smash this year all the time apparently and never took a break. He was probably sick or something.

Uhh, so when is US Jump gonna add the new Jump Start series, whichever one.
It's been like 2 months hasn't it.

Well, they did say that they don't have to add one from every round.

Which is a shame, since I wanted Straighten up to be added in.

Without Sinbad interference, the whole civil war will be boring to read with the huge differences in strength further compiled by Judar disappearance. At least now I can also be intrigued to the deal Hakuryuu made with Sinbad for requiring his assistance.

True, but it is a shame we couldn't get more out of the inner politics of Kou before jumping straight into "and now, World War Sinbad!".

At least now Kouen's defeat is assured, since with Hakuryuu being part of the Seven Sea Alliance (and presumably engaged to a princess from a new country he brought along to the SSA) he has the backing to secure his position as emperor and resources to get to Kouen.

The question is, how far will Sinbad allow for this war to go on for.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jump Rankings this week (since my previous post was for last weeks) Devilyman debuts anything with CP or Cover has no official rank.

Best Blue (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Boku no Hero Academia
One Piece
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Black Clover
Sesuji wo Pin! to (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Gintama
Haikyuu!!
Devilyman
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Toriko
Kagamigami
Sekai no Kurosawa (One Shot)
Isobe Isobee Monongatari (CP)
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Bleach
Lady Justice

Wow, Lady Justice is deader than dead. The concept could have worked... but then the fanservice jokes started up. I think Jump needs to realize that their readership has grown past trash like To-Love-Ru and their series can't survive on fanservice alone. Right E-Robot?
Devilyman's first ranking is in the middle. Not bad, it could last a couple years (if it stays up there).
Kagamigami is likely the next on the chopping block.
WOW at that Bleach ranking. I know it won't get cancelled, but I can see Kubo's editors telling him to "wrap it up"

Magi 273

Time for sinbad's group to rejoin the stage.

Still in line with the source. Magic was a present force in the world (I can recall how it was in the OVA's at the moment).

Haha, I was legit smiling when Hakuryuu revealed what his original plan was. Get fucked Kouen. This is now Hakuryuu's victory more or less (though he's probably going to need to tone down his plans from now on).

I was sort of hoping we stay on the civil war stage more, but since Judar isn't around that wouldn't have been possible. Guess world war it is then.

i truly commend you guys in being able to follow the mish-mash of plots, characters with same face, and regurgitation of ink that is the art in Magi.

Wow, Lady Justice is deader than dead. The concept could have worked... but then the fanservice jokes started up. I think Jump needs to realize that their readership has grown past trash like To-Love-Ru and their series can't survive on fanservice alone. Right E-Robot?
Devilyman's first ranking is in the middle. Not bad, it could last a couple years (if it stays up there).
WOW at that Bleach ranking. I know it won't get cancelled, but I can see Kubo's editors telling him to "wrap it up"

Bleach has had shit rankings for years. Unfortunately, the volumes still sell well enough that they won't care for now, although even those have been going through a notable decline

One Piece 793

this is what I was waiting for the for the past few weeks.... this is a post reaction chapter after a arc not the silliness we had before

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Bleach
Eh, I kinda enjoyed this little arc honestly.

One Piece
Yah! Donflamingo defeated, now can we please leave the fucking island?

Magi
Haha now we know the plot is going somewhere when
the seven seas alliance
gets involved.

Bleach

Jugo..... Jugo, Jugo....

Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,Jugo,

Nisekoi is absent for the first time ever? What happened, Komi Naoshi never misses a dead lin---

First it was Idolm@ster

Then it was Dragon Quest

Now Fire Emblem claims another.

This is obviously a joke, since he had been playing Super Smash this year all the time apparently and never took a break. He was probably sick or something.

totally wouldn't mind a FE x Nisekoi crossover

When Dragon Quest Builders gets a release date, you will finally have the day Hunter x Hunter ends.

I assume a dragon quest minecraft would mean hiatus forever

Devilyman is not lasting a couple of year. It debuted same spot as UBS. Jump is way too competitive for a series like Devilyman to survive.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Umehara 1
A manga about Daigo Umehara... sure, why not? Wait, i feel like i've read another version of this before, with focus on Daigo trying to find a way to fight Zangief low kick or something.

Revo

Piano no Mori 158

Sad he considers this his one chance to beat Kai, but it's probably true unless he gets a better grip on his piano.

Lain

Just read about Shoko Conami having cancer and felt bad. I didn't read her Shinobi Life manga, nor Shikabane Cherry, but it always sucks.

It also reminded me of the young idol Karin Maruyama that died of cancer after putting out just one album that was crowd-funded as well. Life can be so unfair.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Just read about Shoko Conami having cancer and felt bad. I didn't read her Shinobi Life manga, nor Shikabane Cherry, but it always sucks.

It also reminded me of the young idol Karin Maruyama that died of cancer after putting out just one album that was crowd-funded as well. Life can be so unfair.

That sucks :(
I read Shikabane cherry, and i enjoy it so far.

Bleach 634

What the fuck, who cares? That's all that buildup was for? This story benefited nothing from this being drawn out for four chapters and not one panel. Kubo is a hack.

One Piece 793

Yep. Knew it. Akainu and the Gorosei don't get along at all. But Aokiji is actually working with Blackbeard? Megatons all over this chapter.

But what happened to Capone? First time we've seen him since he up and disappeared. He looks like he has sided with Big Mom.

And I think I was right - this is the last straw. Shichibukai are going to be dissolved, Marines are splitting from the WG. This chapter was worth the weakness of Dressrosa as a whole, I am super excited to see where this is going.

Kingdom 438

15 years, huh. I guess we will see grown up Sei, Shin, Kyoukai and Ten soon enough then

bobohoro

One Piece 793

I did you wrong Fujitora, you seem awesome.

Bleach 634

Don't care.

Tsugumomo 11-19

This is so weird. And certain elements could be toned down a bit. Still awesome.

Nobelsse

the Old Man is hamming it up hard so good going Regis.

And i guess this dude is another traitor/defector since his lackeys looks like Nobles. Lets see how this one fares.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao @ the Shokugeki 126 spoilers

The only teams in the red so far in the entire school are Soma/Tadokoro and Hayama/Alice/Kurokiba, e.g. 5/8 of the election participants are failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom