• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyx

I think its hilarious that Tama is losing so hard, actually. Its her own fault for not taking the hint that he doesn't like her back anymore.

It's Seo's fault for creating such stubborn characters. Well, it's true that he doesn't like her back and she doesn't mind it but the effort is still there. Sad to have characters like her just to move the plot forward.

Horimiya 55
Nothing's happening here.

Mousugu Shinu Hito 7

It was an obvious call to make from the beginning, but I'm gonna go ahead and say self-fulfilling prophecy. These girls being nuts is what's going to kill them, not fate.

We need more horror harem series like this.

Tizoc

One-punch man Vol. 2
Hah King and Bang's student make a cameo in this volume.

Aiko no Ma-chan 1-2

I like weird stuff believe me but..but this is beyond me.
I kept hearing sirens every second and was prepared for the feds to break through my window. I give up.
I can still hear them.
cops-police-arrest-siren.gif

Goddamnit it Japan.
Stop manga-fying and kawaii-ing everything.

Mismarca Koukoku Monogatari 1-23 END

Ugh, can't believe this got axed early. It's pretty damn interesting, and I read the spoilers for upcoming light novels and WTF?!?!? I wonder if there's a chance this will get made into an anime or have the novels officially translated because the things to come are damn interesting.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Keijo 50
She name her ass cerry?
Alrighty then...
Nozomi figuring out how she manage to attack without even looking was incredible.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Woah, i just realize that aiko no ma-chan is one of the manga that got cancelled by the publisher due to tokyo ordinance bill. Author allowed to be published on mangaonweb site and since there's one vol. Sold on amazon jp, i guess she found herself a publisher?

This whole thing seem interesting

Zweizer

Banned
2 volumes.

It's still ongoing as well, isn't it?

I feel more sad that you're predicting WSJ will never reach comfort levels high enough to have a single gay couple. That's just incredibly depressing in itself.

Would Sensui and Itsuki in Yu Yu Hakusho count?
It seems that if there's any gay characters in such a mainstream publication, they're either a gag character, an extremely minor one, or a villain.

It should be reminded that in spite of the abundance of manga that might suggest otherwise, Japan is still an extremely conservative country that still hasn't recognized gay marriage and in which public opinion is still somewhat reluctant to accept it.

Oh so it's about a talking vagina
Which also drolls.

Business as usual.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Blame yourself for expecting any decent MC development from most series in Shonen Jump. As much as I find Luffy entertaining at times his development hasn't been great especially after the timeskip.

Here's a chart that pretty much explains D-Gray Man's plot
So is Nea just dead or what? I can't recall what happened to him.

Tizoc

I'm thinking of getting the english publication of Drifters
They are published by Dark Horse, how's their english translation of this series? I heard their translation on Hellsing wasn't very good, is their work on Drifters better?

Quasar

It's Seo's fault for creating such stubborn characters. Well, it's true that he doesn't like her back and she doesn't mind it but the effort is still there. Sad to have characters like her just to move the plot forward.

Maybe the new Fuuka will meet the same fate.

Beats

hello, I was wondering if y'all got any links to videos of manga authors/artists drawing stuff? saw these vids of kaoru mori drawing and thought they were cool.

Haven't really read much manga at all, so I'm not really sure who to look up. I've only read Nausicca and I've been slowly going through A Bride's Story and Emma.

Usobuko

Banned
hello, I was wondering if y'all got any links to videos of manga authors/artists drawing stuff? saw these vids of kaoru mori drawing and thought they were cool.

Haven't really read much manga at all, so I'm not really sure who to look up. I've only read Nausicca and I've been slowly going through A Bride's Story and Emma.

7 seeds
Dungeon Meshi
Hinamatsuri
Ohana Holoholo
Ran and the Gray World
Kakukaku shikajika

Give them a shot, I think you'll like them.

So is Nea just dead or what? I can't recall what happened to him.

Technically he isn't dead because he's apart of Allen. It seems like Past! Allen told Nea to take over his body when he got killed by Millennium Earl. However I believe Past! Allen is behind everything because Allen's age has been abnormal. Hes supposed to be at least 50 but he hasn't aged.

Zweizer

Banned
even though there's a lot of acceptance (so to speak) in the niche circles and the niche circles are more visible, society remains... well, society

Yeah, there is progress on that front, but I guess the usual youth apathy coupled with the old guard's zealotry means it'll still take a while before the Japanese society fully opens up to it.

I suggest you look up Akira Hiramoto, Inio Asano, Usamaru Furuya, Mizukami Satoshi, Taiyou Matsumoto and Hagio Moto.

Have you read Prison School, Solanin and Spirit Circle? There's a reading club dedicated to Usamaru Furuya this month as well, which is definitely worth checking out.

Blue Exorcist ~71

Pretty enjoyable, it doesn't do anything particularlly amazing but the world is fun, the characters are good, and the action when it happens is pretty exciting.

So the only series left in US Jump I need to catch up on is One Punch Man I believe, though I guess there's no rush for that one due to how slowly murata puts out new chapters.

cntr

Banned
Toriko

So we had the Gourmet Big Bang creating Gourmet worlds from Gourmet atoms whereupon Gourmet cells appeared and Gourmet evolution created Gourmets in the Gourmet age, now facing the Gourmet eclipse so the Gourmet heroes better Gourmet before Gourmet Food eating Gourmet's the APPETITE

At least thats my take on it

Gourmet

NHK Professional feature on Takehiko Inoue was pretty good.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20836734jNmXwKx2

Soma

Yoshikazu Hamada (Tsugumomo) has a lot of videos on his youtube channel.

Shengar

Welcome back.
thank you Lazy

Welcome back~

You're still the Glasses guy in my heart.
thank you

now I'm fully dedicated to Lady Lexington though
Welcome back! Please share with us your thoughts on Dungeon Meshi.
Thank you! I better read the latest chapters first though.
For anyone that wants to add me on Line: danieldemorais

This is why I put you in my blacklist!

Kingdom 447

Like Diamond Dogs but somehow with more crazy people.

Kingdom 447

Kanki's army is what i'd expect an enemy army to have instead
I love it

That's a really good point, although Kan Ki has always been portrayed as someone who would switch sides at any point for any reason convenient to him. Although I believe he has some reason to stay loyal to Qin, you could see an inkling of loyalty and humanity in him during the Coalition War

phaze

One Piece 234

Huh, Doflamingo already appeared and already has his ability revealed. And from what I read here about Dresrossa arc, it seems he only gets the spotlight 500 chapters from now.

With the World Government, Whitebeard, Blackbeard and Haki finally making an appearance/mention, this is a pretty pivotal chapter. Blackbeard is a lot different from how I imagined him, he doesn't even have a beard !

One Piece 234

Huh, Doflamingo already appeared and already has his ability revealed. And from what I read here about Dresrossa arc, it seems he only gets the spotlight 500 chapters from.

With the World Government, Whitebeard, Blackbeard and Haki finally making an appearance/mention, this is a pretty pivotal chapter. Blackbeard is a lot different from how I imagined him, he doesn't even have a beard !

Doflamingo was probably the longest running plot thread (lol) aside from One Piece itself and the True History of the World/Ancient Weapons.

Edit: Oh yeah and the Will of D

Tacitus_

One Piece 234

Huh, Doflamingo already appeared and already has his ability revealed. And from what I read here about Dresrossa arc, it seems he only gets the spotlight 500 chapters from now.

Black Stubble will eventually grow to a Black Beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom