• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

5 cm per Second 11

I thought manga ending of this was supposed to be a happy, healing one. Why would you cut it off right at the part where the healing might or might not have started !?

I'm just gonna assume that yes, they indeed met and then lived happily ever after. Headcanons ftw.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Giga Tokyo Toy Box
A story about game developer during Japan new censorship law that affect many media. What follow is the story about Taiyo Tenkawa, a famous/legendary game planner who's forced to abandon the series he's been making for several years due to conflict between him and his co-worker. Now, he's currently working in small studio, focusing on mobile phone game, flash game, and pachinko movie.

He later get another shot to do big budget game by working with another studio to develop a console game. What happen during the series is Taiyou inner conflict with him constantly doing a revision to the game even though the deadline is near, conflict with the publisher side mandatory checklist rule that include censorship, co-worker running away from workplace due to stress, and several other hardship during game development.

It highlight the difficulty of making high budget video game and also constant pressure by publisher to censor the game. One of the developer are forced to abandon one of the game mechanic that allow the protagonist to kill civilan. Other game almost got cancelled due to presence of blood (

Rymuth

I feel like if it was the eye coming back we'd have seen some foreshadowing to remind us it was a thing, so it makes me feel like it has to be something else.
To me, the foreshadowing had always been him keeping his right eye shut. There were moments when it was really an odd time for him to do so (e.g. when he was discussing Sawamura vs Mashiba with Dankchi) - plus, it always unnerved me when George drew him with his right side covered in shadow. Part of me was thinking "dramatic effect or something else?"

Kyuur

Rereading OPM (Murata ver), I forgot how early Blizzard and her group are shown. I thought she was a new character when they introduced her most recently.

Edit: Oh, I guess was a special chapter. So she is 'new' to the main story.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To me, the foreshadowing had always been him keeping his right eye shut. There were moments when it was really an odd time for him to do so (e.g. when he was discussing Sawamura vs Mashiba with Dankchi) - plus, it always unnerved me when George drew him with his right side covered in shadow. Part of me was thinking "dramatic effect or something else?"

I dunno, I feel like the whole point of showing, immediately after the first hit, that flickers still didn't work goes against the theory. It looks like whatever it is the other side have figured it out.

I feel like it could very well be Takamura is over thinking it and expecting some kind of trap, given the sort of fight it's been so far.

Revo

Divine Bells 119

I doubt that him nearly dying and the fast awakening aren't actually connected, otherwise lol the coincidence

Umibozu

It's going to get everyone naked or into a super compromising position. It's a Rube Mitsuko setup.

Or it'll be the catalyst to bringing back the VP back to "normal"
lol, for some reason when I read your comment I imagined it continuously in flight until it hit the principal, and he then regained his memory.

But youre right it will probably lead to compromising positions.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch54

Amazing showing on both sides.

WXvAxqO.png

Poor girls, lmao.

bobohoro

Keijo 54

The scanning hand of a perverted god. Or something.
And hypnotising boobs. At least that's realistic. Happens to the best of us.

Secret Comics Japan

Anthology focused on indie / underground authors, or should I say auteurs... Some are new, others more known, like Shintaro Kago and Usamaru Furuya. If you recognize these names, you may know what type of material we are dealing. From normal seinen to surreal stuff, almost experimental at times, adult or extreme themes, lots of irreverence.

This is the list of short stories, pasted of MU

The Life of Momongo Story by Norimiza Ameya & Art by Junko Mizuno
Gedatsu Man by Hironori Kikuchi
Swing Shell by Yuko Tsuno
Jr by Yoshitomo Yoshimoto
Heartless Bitch & Painful Love by Kiriko Nananan
Punctures by Shintaro Kago
Mutant Hanako by Makoto Aida
Editor Woman by Benkyo Tamaoki
Palepoli by Usamaru Furuya

I found pretty funny that they use a cover from Furuya, which is perhaps the most famous artist of the bunch, but he is the only one who didn't make a new story, but just reused a portion of his work Palepoli. In fact they even reuse the cover of Palepoli?!
Well, there are nine stories, the ones I disliked were the first two, that goes way too much off-kilter (the Kago story is normal, in comparison!). The rest ranges from kind of acceptable to pretty decent. The Palepoli stuff varies a lot, his humor can be pretty hilarious but also be a total miss sometimes. Mutant Hanako has a shitty drawing and is totally wild and crazy and irreverent and gross and have a ridiculous social message but it's worth to be experienced. Punctures is classical good Kago, surreal and crazy but not too crazy, fun and it has a punchy end. And no scat this time, that's a plus. Jr and the ones by Kiriko Nananan were interesting little poignant stories.

I think the next thing I will read will be something lighter, like The Dragon's Seven Adorable Children or 3 a.m. Dangerous Zone.

Shengar

Giga Tokyo Toy Box
A story about game developer during Japan new censorship law that affect many media. What follow is the story about Taiyo Tenkawa, a famous/legendary game planner who's forced to abandon the series he's been making for several years due to conflict between him and his co-worker. Now, he's currently working in small studio, focusing on mobile phone game, flash game, and pachinko movie.

He later get another shot to do big budget game by working with another studio to develop a console game. What happen during the series is Taiyou inner conflict with him constantly doing a revision to the game even though the deadline is near, conflict with the publisher side mandatory checklist rule that include censorship, co-worker running away from workplace due to stress, and several other hardship during game development.

It highlight the difficulty of making high budget video game and also constant pressure by publisher to censor the game. One of the developer are forced to abandon one of the game mechanic that allow the protagonist to kill civilan. Other game almost got cancelled due to presence of blood (
I have interest in this but skimming through, this manga seems to have a very dramatic narration. Like, in almost every chapter there is a big dramatic close-up shot. Kinda reminds me how I ended up loving Shirobako and Comic Bomber in the first place.

Foolworm

UQ Holder

I just realized that this new Yukihiro girl is probably the grandmother of the one Asuna met, so she's technically another reference to Negima (or foreshadowing, whatever).

There are some weird issues with the art though. The random black bar was mentioned, but on the next page the shoe over Tota's face actually looks like Negima's glasses - I thought it was a flashback but nope, just bad placement.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ

Why do I have a bad feeling best girl's confession is failing

Can't the Otohime clone win for once?

UQ

Why do I have a bad feeling best girl's confession is failing

Can't the Otohime clone win for once?

Wait who is best girl and who is Otohime? A love hina characher but what was her personality and who reflected it in Negima?

UQ Holder

So Santa is going to quickly be the only regular cast member who doesn't want Touta's d? Would be cool to see some non immortals get in on the action for the good guys.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait who is best girl and who is Otohime? A love hina characher but what was her personality and who reflected it in Negima?

UQ Holder

So Santa is going to quickly be the only regular cast member who doesn't want Touta's d? Would be cool to see some non immortals get in on the action for the good guys.

I'm getting the names mixed up I'm thinking of Motoko. Motoko, Setsuna (Negima) and Kuromaru are all similar looking girls from the Shinmei-ryū sword fighting school.

(Otohime was the childhood friend in Love Hina)

Marche90

UQ Holder! 94

Dat last panel.
Also, more potential haremettes, lol. So far I'm rooting for Kirië but I wouldn't mind if Kuromaru were to win... and I'll leave it at that. I don't want to start a new shipping war.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I have interest in this but skimming through, this manga seems to have a very dramatic narration. Like, in almost every chapter there is a big dramatic close-up shot. Kinda reminds me how I ended up loving Shirobako and Comic Bomber in the first place.

Yes it is. It's not enough for someone to go yeah, we'll make this. Nope, close up shot, and Taiyo goes 'i need to change some of its specification' with smug face. Also, Taiyo keep changing his hairstyle depending on the mood and his situation.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tomo chan 182
Oh my, oh my,

Keijo latest

Hipnotitsm, oh boy, i thought nothing going to surprise me anymore...

Dead dead demon dedededestruction 25-26

New character introduced. Intense chapter with the goverment attacking alien ship using their new weapon.

UQ Holder! 94

Dat last panel.
Also, more potential haremettes, lol. So far I'm rooting for Kirië but I wouldn't mind if Kuromaru were to win... and I'll leave it at that. I don't want to start a new shipping war.

I like Kirië, she's adorable. Sadly, they're all screwed. Eva already won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom