• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Sekai Oni 101 (end) + epilogue

roadtrip boys
guess couldn't expect too much after she was already abandoned initially

kinger256

Momoiro Ningyo 1-2

GOTHFj3.jpg

A story about having a mermaid wife and the problems that go with it. Reminds of me of Arakawa under the Bridge.

phaze

Tower of God 252

The power levels of Rankers are supremely vague but I'd hope Yuri is more on the level of Karaka and above and that minion of his won't pose too much of a problem.

There were apparently a few missing panels with the gist of them being; we are in for Rachel vs Koon clash.

D-Gray Man 2-20

Pretty good so far, the art when the action gets fast can be a bit cluttered but the series is pretty enjoyable. Walker and Lenalee are pretty great, Kanda is annoying I have no idea why he's apparently so popular.

Mendrox

D-Gray Man 2-20

Pretty good so far, the art when the action gets fast can be a bit cluttered but the series is pretty enjoyable. Walker and Lenalee are pretty great, Kanda is annoying I have no idea why he's apparently so popular.

Noo why are you doing this... Stop reading it ;__; It gets confusing as fuck.

Even though Lenalee is the best.

Zweizer

Banned
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch55

Holding my breath for 30 seconds always works for me (but only if I'm counting, oddly enough lol.)

Umibozu

Ashitaba-san Chi no Muko Kurashi 1-2
Muu-kun is a newlywed and to save money muu-kun moves into his (busty) wife's family home; where he meets his busty mother-in-law, his busty aunt-in-law, and his two sisters-in-law (one of which as you guessed it is busty). Hilarity (and ecchi) ensue(s) as the newlyweds try live in this dynamic.

I enjoy the upbeat nature and lightheartedness of the story and look forward to the dynamic going forward.

edit: it's from the author of okusan, if anyone is trying to get a sense of the artstyle

Food Wars! 139

Plot would imply Polaris would be able to cook better than the opponents they have so its hard to really feel frightened by that. In a larger picture view, the plot also could imply the series could potentially be more than halfway done, with Azami as the huge big baddie of the school completely altering the playing field there is just no way the series could go higher than that, the e10 is also probably purging dissenters among its own and more thusly swiftly opening up new spots to be taken by the ones affiliated by Soma at that far off point in time. Sad.

Will miss the lighthearted nature of everything we had as we undergo sociocultural evolution as social Darwinism is eliminated from the school.
CRsy54oWcAEErmL.png

upandaway

Flying Witch 20

I knew about the trick of peeling the onion under water to prevent crying, but I didn't know heating it in the microwave solves it too. I'll try that next time. Cutting onions is my one weakness.

I also knew about the finger cookies, I saw it in a halloween cooking video though. Weddings, ew.

Really excited for the anime

D-Gray Man 2-20

Well let's just say Kanda had a really fucked up life and there's a good reason for his attitude.

upandaway

The Jobless Siblings 48

Whoa, oddly realistic. But I don't think the point works, the movie probably has an adult rating but plenty of shonen manga have the weird stuff she was referring to.

Ray Down

Banned
D-Gray Man 2-20

He's the pretty boy loner type, of course he the most popular.

Moonlight

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! 1-173

ovdrOEo.png

This manga should just be about her.

Otherwise, it's pretty good. Fluffy, pretty strong humour, Misuzu is a goddess, etc, though the pendulum of the status quo is kind of annoying. Nice way to kill a morning if nothing else.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Wars! 139

Plot would imply Polaris would be able to cook better than the opponents they have so its hard to really feel frightened by that. In a larger picture view, the plot also could imply the series could potentially be more than halfway done, with Azami as the huge big baddie of the school completely altering the playing field there is just no way the series could go higher than that, the e10 is also probably purging dissenters among its own and more thusly swiftly opening up new spots to be taken by the ones affiliated by Soma at that far off point in time. Sad.

Will miss the lighthearted nature of everything we had as we undergo sociocultural evolution as social Darwinism is eliminated from the school.
CRsy54oWcAEErmL.png

They're not even to winter of the first year. They're gonna beat the Elite 10 and then beat the Secret Elite 10, and then beat the Super Secret Elite 10 Transfers when Totsuki absorbs the second biggest culinary institute.

Shonen Jump US 10/19/2015

One Punch Man 50.2/bonus

2x chapters of awesome Murata art though sadly the only joke I even remotely smiled at was super sonic speed ninja getting hit in the dick which is the kind of humor that is always amusing in a juvenile way.

Black Clover 34

So looks like Yuno will take over lead duties while Asta is captured. Will be interesting to see if the bad guys attempt to recruit Asta to their side or brain wash him to make use of his magic nullification.

Bleach 647

At least his Bankai looks cool :|

My Hero Academia 63

Seems like this was more development for Yaoyo then it was for Todoroki outside of the general "listen to the team more". Hopefully next week we get a bit more of frog girl and hawk guy.

Shokugeki no Soma 139

I like Azami's plan its not so dickishly evil as to be comical and actually has some generally good ideas for giving everyone an equal opportunity for greatness... At the same time it stunts creativity which has been a major part of the series up to this point and gives the Polar Star Dorm a reason to rebel. I assume no 9 trying to shut down Polar is what'll lead to him and Soma doing a Shokgeki.

World Trigger 119

Well now we have more of a reason for Hyuse to eventually join up with the good guys even if temporarily. Kinda disappointed the solution to Chika's problem was to give her lead bullets though it does make sense with her character and the story so far.

Nisekoi 190

Scumbag Raku, though really wanting to help her as a friend and valueing her as a friend doesn't feel that sleazy. Just because he doesn't return her feelings doesn't mean they can't be friends and that they can't rescue her from a shitty situation she doesn't want to be in.

Toriko 343

Stil feels like were rushing to an endgame, though glad at least some of what happened to Komatsu and co is being explained.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
After they save the academy from Azami they're going to go international.

International Elite 10 from Le Cordon Bleu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom