• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not even to winter of the first year. They're gonna beat the Elite 10 and then beat the Secret Elite 10, and then beat the Super Secret Elite 10 Transfers when Totsuki absorbs the second biggest culinary institute.

And then the final arc will be the World Cup of Food, where Soma's opponent in the finals will be Erina's secret fiance that her father forced upon her. Soma wins, Erina confesses that that his food that he gave her during the first test was good. It does a 10-20 year time skip with them married and teaching their kids how to cook. Oh and Takumi is in a coma forever. The end.

Fairy Tail

Damn that magic sphere of influence pf spatial magic travels far. Can't wait to see what powerups everyone is gonna start busting out and then the story behind Layla now.

Hotel Harbour View

MtVNA8c.jpg

As some of you may recognize, Jiro Tanaguchi is behind the pencils, though the writer it's another mangaka. The drawing is good and detailed but a bit stiff, the characters all feel a bit staged, which is explained as this was published in 1983, being one of his earlier works.

It's a two short stories set, both joined by a character and a strong hard boiled noir style. In fact in the first story, about a man that knows a hit is coming on his head while being in Hong Kong, that was my main problem, the hard boiled flair was so hard that falls into parody. For example
Thanks god that was only a bad first impression, a bit of patience and one can see it all made sense.

The second story is more straightforward, but still good in its honest noir, about past lovers fated to cross bullets.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And then the final arc will be the World Cup of Food, where Soma's opponent in the finals will be Erina's secret fiance that her father forced upon her. Soma wins, Erina confesses that that his food that he gave her during the first test was good. It does a 10-20 year time skip with them married and teaching their kids how to cook. Oh and Takumi is in a coma forever. The end.

The DTL trolling moment

World Trigger 119

Well now we have more of a reason for Hyuse to eventually join up with the good guys even if temporarily. Kinda disappointed the solution to Chika's problem was to give her lead bullets though it does make sense with her character and the story so far.

Seems like Hyuse would defect though if he joined up and they made it to that world, though, perhaps he would join up with Tamakoma-2 if they would help save his sensei.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tenohira Size. 6

Asami is definitely my favorite character in this, although the mom is a close second. I loved the character arc we just had with the new girl, really well done. Made me go from "this girl is trash" to "aw don't cry :(" in a single chapter!

Hajime no Ippo 1109-1111

up to 1111 chapters, jeeze
hope this takamura fight ends in at most a few chapters

I feel like this fight is very poorly placed. I remember the first time Ippo lost I think we got some cool down chapters before *BOOM* Dempsey Roll and right now I'm mainly interested in how Ippo and the Coach are gonna come back from their loss. I hope they legitimately alter Ippo's fighting style to be more defensive or evasive, I'm gonna call bullshit if their solution is just more gatsu.

Revo

I feel like this fight is very poorly placed. I remember the first time Ippo lost I think we got some cool down chapters before *BOOM* Dempsey Roll and right now I'm mainly interested in how Ippo and the Coach are gonna come back from their loss. I hope they legitimately alter Ippo's fighting style to be more defensive or evasive, I'm gonna call bullshit if their solution is just more gatsu.

considering all the focus on the taking beating style being bad i'd be surprised if he doesn't get more evasive

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 181

she's just so tsun

B.O.O.M

Tower of God 252

The power levels of Rankers are supremely vague but I'd hope Yuri is more on the level of Karaka and above and that minion of his won't pose too much of a problem.

There were apparently a few missing panels with the gist of them being; we are in for Rachel vs Koon clash.

Yes some of the missing panels were also explaining the rules of the game too I think. Hope they fix it.

and Yuri imo should most definitely be above Karaka. A Zahard Princess is considered to be some of the strongest in the tower after all.

One of the best comics around really. A true blast. Reminds me a bit of Hunter x Hunter too with all the games and all.

Black Clover

what the fk happened to the quality of this manga? :(

Nordicus

Hazuki Kanon wa Amakunai 16-17

Treatment of oral fixation continues

CqnUKpU.jpg

Good god, that face could corrupt a saint. I am genuinely surprised this manga hasn't spawned h-doujins yet... that I know of

dani_dc

Not sure if this was posted yet, but an episode of Urasawa's behind the scenes look at mangaka series with Asano Inio got translated. Very cool to see him work, as well as him and Urasawa just chillin', talking about techniques and influences and whatnot. Give it a watch.

Good timing, interview covers scenes from chapters 25 and 26 of Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction, both of which were recently translated.

Very interesting, I was always curious how he went around his backgrounds, figured he'd be using photos but wasn't sure about the process so that was quite interesting.

Revo

Boku Girl 58

gotten significantly less interesting, beach might be okay but the entire girls dorm stuff will just be terrible

K no Souretsu / The Funeral Procession of K

Josei, atypical art style, edgy as hell. It tries to be... I don't know, I suppose weird and odd and mysterious and shit, but it just falls flat on its face, imo. Chapters are too short so the lack of development hurts the story, but again, I suppose the author wanted to only give snippets of the plot to create a mysterious aura. Nominally, it's about someone who is murdered in an apartment full of freaks and the new guy who lives in the room of the murdered tries to know what happened, though the 'crime solving' scene is kind of ludicrous so it goes against the "dark ambient" it tried to create at first. So 2/3 of it is mess, even if once reached the middle point I was interested in knowing who the hell was the murderer, if any existed. The extra chapters it has at the end leaves the artifice behind and focus on more honest character building and what it really happened and are better for it.

bobohoro

Boku Girl 58

gotten significantly less interesting, beach might be okay but the entire girls dorm stuff will just be terrible

Yeah, I actually really liked the manga for the first ~35 chapters, but it went downhill fast in the laste dozen or so. Recent chapter isn't even worth commenting on, really.

T-Rex Na Kanojo 17

At times it is rather hard to say which of the two is crazier.

Rymuth

Hajime no Ippo 1112

Yep, this confirms it. Takamura cant see out of his right eye, how else did that punch connect? Godfuckingdammit~

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hajime no Ippo 1112

Yep, this confirms it. Takamura cant see out of his right eye, how else did that punch connect? Godfuckingdammit~

Yea but he countered the flicker that was coming at him from the same side. I think maybe it has something to do with his fucked up leg not letting him dodge it.

bobohoro

Yea but he countered the flicker that was coming at him from the same side. I think maybe it has something to do with his fucked up leg not letting him dodge it.

The flicker would still be in his left eye vision, I think. The wide swing definitely is not. So Takamura being blind or at least severly handicapped in terms of his right eye is a reasonable assumption. I'd think.

D-Gray Man ~40

I really like how this series is able to introduce characters who feel like arc specific support characters then bump them up to exorcist where even if they don't appear for awhile they'll be able to help during whatever big battle arcs the author has planned. I kind of wish the series had done a bit more with the whole Allan can't see Akuma anymore but I guess for how quickly the stakes are ramping up it'd be hard for the plot to continue without the ability to see Akuma.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The flicker would still be in his left eye vision, I think. The wide swing definitely is not. So Takamura being blind or at least severly handicapped in terms of his right eye is a reasonable assumption. I'd think.

I feel like if it was the eye coming back we'd have seen some foreshadowing to remind us it was a thing, so it makes me feel like it has to be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom