• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Okusan ch23

4dRZWiP.png

Such a fearsome woman, lol.

this is around a week old but
Qju3HSb.png

man it is probably due to all the awesome art and shading we got for the past few weeks.... the dude literally sometimes draws chapters as comparable to those series that release monthly

God’s Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand: Rusted Scissors

I am surprised all that shit made sense in the end as it seemed totally incoherent. Anyway, this is the first thing I have read by Umezu and holy crap is this some gory stuff. Not particularly scary and it didn't make me queasy but nasty as hell.

One thing though - way too much screaming. Half the little kid's lines are UWAAAAAAH!

Jintor

Huh, so they're doing a Seven Deadly Sins spin-off in Aria called Nanatsu no Taizai Production/Seven Deadly Sins Production.
"What if Seven Deadly Sins was a drama?" is basically the concept, the characters of the manga are just actors. Holy shit, hype
http://natalie.mu/comic/news/164261

you've no idea how much I want a manga about how the characters in comic books are just actors. The closest I got was that Neil Gaiman Batman B&W chapter where Batman and the Joker are hanging out before filming starts rehearsing for their scene, and Joker invites Bats over to hang out for a BBQ later.

this is around a week old but
Qju3HSb.png

man it is probably due to all the awesome art and shading we got for the past few weeks.... the dude literally sometimes draws chapters as comparable to those series that release monthly
He is putting in incredible work. Looks like the editors have shown him the finish line, so maybe that sparked the increase?

Fire Brigade of Flames
Anyone else feel the pacing is just so off and wonky for this series? The first chapter was just spectacular but after that....I just don't know. I thought it was going to be the future of WSM but know I am doubting myself.

bobohoro

Mahou Sensei Negima! [End]

Yeah, well, that ended as unsatisfying as I remembered. Maybe even more so. Up until chapter 330 you have this freakin' awesome Shounen manga, you're left with the main plot resolved but still have many big important questions regarding the big bad boss and what do you get? Seemingly a regression to the beginning state of the manga, with some cute slice of life, which would be ok, but then the conclusion to everything is a rushed and ultimately meaningless time travel/sacrifice-arc and off-screen solutions to most other problems. Negi really deserved so much better.

Other than that it's a great read. Even the slightly bumpy beginning is pretty fun if you know the characters and what becomes of them later, with all the foreshadowing and shallow but consistent characterisation. Starting with the tournament arc you have ~200 chapters of some of the best shounen battle manga you'll ever find. Shame about the unused potential though, many of the side characters could have used their own arc to explain and develop things (Zazie, Mana, more Eva, ...) but what is there is very well done.

Next is UQ Holder.

D Gray Man ~160

Who put this anime filler in my manga? A comedic zombie invasion is so wrong after where the story had been building its bizarre tonal whiplash.

Revo

Fire Brigade of Flames 5

pls no more bad groping comedy kthx
also pacing is RIP, but i can forgive early bad pacing if i'm still interested in what is given (which i sorta am, besides the groping)

bobohoro

One Piece 805

So, uh, Kaidou sub, dead friends and some rather powerful minks wandering about. Next chapters will be fun.

Bleach 649

More reversals are not always a good thing. Man, this is so dumb.

Shokugeki No Soma 141

I hope the author has a good solution for this thing, beyond corrupt judges getting overturned by the smell or some alumni jumping in.

Dynedom

Bleach

If this doesn't end with the nina-girl part of his Zanpaktou killing Sniper-Angel-Prophet Dude, this entire battle was a giant piece of shit.

Who am I kidding. :kubo:

Raxus

My Hero Academia

That cover page is amazing. Hope we get to see how other fights resolve after the conclusion of Deku's and King of Explodo-kills

Bleach 649

Every. Fucking. Time. You would think people would never let their guards down in this series because every single person is guaranteed a comeback.

One Piece 805

So Bepo was a Minkman the whole time. Figured.

I wonder who this Jack dude works for or if he is an up and coming guy gunning for Yonkou position.

Soma 141

Wait, they have been in the dorm for Three and a half years? That has to be a mistranslation...Megumi and Soma are still first years.

Anyway, I expect some kind of twist. Polar Star guys have to use Erina to their advantage somehow.

Gvitor

One Piece 805

Robin continues to be the best in this arc. Really getting some Skypiea vibes. Best intro to an arc since the new world started, imo.

Shokugeki no Soma 141

Eizan is going to get what's coming to him. Badass Soma is the best Soma.

random25

Shokugeki no Soma 141

I'm surprised they have been studying that long. So the seniors still do not graduate after those 3 years?

And a pissed Soma is so badass. How will he go about the judges? Maybe he'll invite special judges.

Bleach 649

Every. Fucking. Time. You would think people would never let their guards down in this series because every single person is guaranteed a comeback.

One Piece 805

So Bepo was a Minkman the whole time. Figured.

I wonder who this Jack dude works for or if he is an up and coming guy gunning for Yonkou position.

Soma 141

Wait, they have been in the dorm for Three and a half years? That has to be a mistranslation...Megumi and Soma are still first years.

Anyway, I expect some kind of twist. Polar Star guys have to use Erina to their advantage somehow.
They were in totsuki middle school

I get the feeling Eizan might've only had funds allocated for one bribe, and was banking on everyone quitting after the first shokugeki. Hence why he tried to talk Soma out of a challenge. It was ultimately an elaborate bluff

Mendrox

Shokugeki no Soma ch141

Let's see how he'll turn this situation around.

He won't and will get expelled. Megumi dies of shock. The end.

Or he will provoke Eizan so much that he would feel ashamed if he didn't fight him on even ground. Soma will bring the feel of a challenge back and get everything in order.

Or Aizan finally uses Bankai and ends it all.

I don't like the way the manga is currently going... but it could get good - please no asspull. :(

Feels good to get Soma chapters so early

Shokugeki no Soma 141

So it isn't bribery but the fact that Shokugeki judging doesn't exist anymore

Everyone bursting into tears was over-dramatic but understandable

I wonder if Soma has a plan or is this another go in blindly scenario

Toriko 345

Komatsu hears all the twisted things they do and the first thing he says is "I am going to help you with your projects"

I know we jumped the shark long ago but this explanation for Another lol

Still a awesome explanation for the back-channel, etc.. I wonder if Goku's instantaneous transition is similar

And Another leaving fracture in space-time is lol as well

Bleach 649

quite fitting that his bankai is a women...On another note, ugh let this Quincy die already

One Piece 805

pffft, butt forest.... Miss Rabbit showcased another feat with that jumping power
Ah Law's crew-mate was a Mink after all...

The Mink Building's look awfully alot like the houses you find in Yemen

and so already we are getting the plot towards Kaido

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom