• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabesque

D Gray Man ~155

The series has still not gone off the rails as advertised and I'm running out of chapters does this point happen really soon?

It doesn't go off the rails so much that as Hoshino's health deteriorate, the hiatus increase and the series moves from different magazines, it becomes hard to follow along.

Fire Brigade of Flames 005

I wonder if the division are based on skill.... if so apparently Miss Sexual Assault here may be a top player

Mr Scientist from the last chapter is at this event and of course his team mate interferes with the obstacle course... The first brigade likely is just hiding something dangerous in which they themselves want to handle the situation rather then them being semi evil and enemies later in the story line

Crazy for You ch.1
WVYpGE2.png

Well, at least she's aware of it.

Yanderes continue to be the best.

Dynedom

Roppongi Black Cross - 46

This entire arc is stupid.

I'M SO WORRIED ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND. I KNOW, LET'S JUST FUCK SOME GIRL ON THE SIDE!

Ugh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
were they? i only thought he liked her

Black Haze 132

poor dio, gonna get kidnapped again

I pulled a Yamada and just assumed that the level of moon eyes they were making at each other suggested it happened off panel. I don't know, the Prez hasn't been a real character in 100 chapters, so I just kind of assumed.

How many series have actually had a satisfying title drop? The only one that comes close to me is Silver Spoon.

You know, Hachiken, we really are the Silver Spoon.

Baby Steps

You know, Natsu, we really are the Baby Steps.

One Piece

You know, Sanji, we really are the One Piece

The World God Only Knows had a good title drop.

Too bad it was in a middle of a shit arc.

You know, Keima, we really are the World God Only Knows

(Was "we really are the Last of Us" actually a line in the game, or it that just a meme? I certainly don't remember it.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess Akamatsu is a big fan of this old sitcom trope:

kJbeSvw.png

I'm like 90% sure I remember Negi doing it in Negima too.

Kurita

"We really are the Last of Us" isn't a real quote, it's just a Gaffer who made a stupid thread thinking he heard that in the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You know Saitama? You really are the One Punch Man.

Angry Grimace

"You know, Mikasa, this really is an ATTACK ON TITAN."

"Eren, shouldn't it be 'attack on the Titans?'"

"As I said, Mikasa, this really is an ATTACK ON TITAN."

"In fact, isn't 'Shingeki no Kyojin' something more like 'Advance of the Titans?'"

"ATTACK ON TITAN."

Angry Grimace

Jitsu wa Watashi wa has the title drop a lot, actually, now that I think about it.

Wiseblade

Jitsu wa Watashi wa has the title drop a lot, actually, now that I think about it.
SATISFYING Title Drops.
"You know, Mikasa, this really is an ATTACK ON TITAN."

"Eren, shouldn't it be 'attack on the Titans?'"

"As I said, Mikasa, this really is an ATTACK ON TITAN."

"In fact, isn't 'Shingeki no Kyojin' something more like 'Advance of the Titans?'"

"ATTACK ON TITAN."
Wasn't there a bit of stink about the English title for this reason when it was announced?

Floor ni Maou ga Imasu 1-5

Loli Lord of Demons gets transported beneath a Family Restaurant's floor and turns into huge tits when she eats (her servants turn into huge tits too, like huge tits mushroom) and gets hired there working under generic male lead, generic female lead and manager who hired her because she's bad at her job.

I'm being unnecessarily harsh to a manga I actually enjoy, but at it's surface it's an idea that is done a lot now (demon lord gets regular job), is fan-servicey (all lolis and tits) and has fairly unassuming characters so far. That said I like it because the humor and delivery is pretty darn good, the art is good (particularly the tits) and the reaction faces are amusing.

Actually the MC is pretty good too. He's kind of a jerk.

Droplet

Kagamigami

Toshiaki just can't win with Jump. :/

I was laughing so hard reading this series. It reads like the editors told him it wasn't popular so he should add in more DTL, and when that didn't work he started a tournament. And then that didn't work either. Poor guy just tried going down the checklist and nothing stuck.

He should've started with the DTL.

jonjonaug

Junji Ito's Cat Diary is entirely about Junji Ito bonding with his pet cats while him and his family members make Junji Ito style facial expressions. Needless to say, it is incredibly amazing.

Sai

I was laughing so hard reading this series. It reads like the editors told him it wasn't popular so he should add in more DTL, and when that didn't work he started a tournament. And then that didn't work either. Poor guy just tried going down the checklist and nothing stuck.

He should've started with the DTL.
Lol.

But for real, I hope he tries another mag. I'd hate to see him go the Nisekoi route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom