• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I was up to it looked like it was about to go terribly with those Russian mafia types screwing everything up.

Nah man, those russian peeps keep giving him shit to make his powers more potent so far.
It's was fucking hilarious when they gave him a sez booster of some sort. His powers became airborne lol.

I caught up on OPM One and started reading Mob Psycho. The art is way improved from One (which isn't really as bad as I thought) and I can see how this would be considered a style. One suffers from being compared to Murata's version, which is extremely unfair being that Murata is one of the finest artists in the business.

Zweizer

Banned
So I really enjoy Dungeon Meshi.

I'm not sure I can encapsulate what it is exactly that I enjoy in easily comprehensible language. It just all around makes me smile. I like the characters and I like what they're doing and I like that it doesn't take itself seriously. I guess that's sort of comprehensible.

So on that note... Any recommendations for things of a similar nature?

I think The Voynich Hotel and Love Tyrant might fit the bill.

EG Maker 1
Girl starts working at an ero game company. Her inexperience shows up; has some comedy as well.
Thought someone would like a heads up

Thanks, it's relevant to my interests~

Umibozu

prison school 198
their downfall has been foretold

EG Maker 2
Her skills are coming along, and president was quite the help. Quite the misunderstanding at the end though, lol

upandaway

JLPT tomorrow, give me your strength MangaGAF

niJszk3.png

Usobuko

Banned
So I really enjoy Dungeon Meshi.

I'm not sure I can encapsulate what it is exactly that I enjoy in easily comprehensible language. It just all around makes me smile. I like the characters and I like what they're doing and I like that it doesn't take itself seriously. I guess that's sort of comprehensible.

So on that note... Any recommendations for things of a similar nature?

Yes, spread the love.

Btw, I'll recommend Hinamatsuri.

One Piece

What a great start to an arc. There's no one in need of saving here, reminds me a bit of Amazon Lily but with the entire crew. As we progress into the new world I hope this becomes more typical, islands out here should have warriors to stand up with our protagonists. With the new bounty unveil, I have a feeling its more due to civilian casualty like Kid.

And can someone please remind me, do we know where the hell Caesar is? I can't seem to recall them mentioning him at all other than the Big Mom fight flashback.

Hero Academia

Great monster design, too bad it went down so quickly. I think the pacing in this manga is almost too fast due to the large number of characters. Hopefully the anime can expand on some of this.

Toriko

The pacing and exposition-y style of the Gourmet World doesn't work as well in scenes like this, so I'm finding it hard to care. It is great when they're focusing on the incredible beasts and monstrous humans, but not for the cooking. Just seems rushed.

Blech

The title says it all. At least next chapter might be okay since we're moving onto Renji and cap'n.
lol at bleach not getting really a picture but a blank
Missed u guys 😚😚

Yooooooooooooooooooo
you came in and then Lele left

what is really going on?

lol welcom back
This isn't even a competition. Alice wins, free.
this man knows

I caught up on OPM One and started reading Mob Psycho. The art is way improved from One (which isn't really as bad as I thought) and I can see how this would be considered a style. One suffers from being compared to Murata's version, which is extremely unfair being that Murata is one of the finest artists in the business.

Haven't read ONE One Punch Man, but I really like how Mob Psycho looks tbh

ONE is a great panelist and he's very good at conveying mood and emotion, which picks up the slack of his lackluster drawings (which I don't mind).

The funny thing is that even though most artists draw their characters "better", Mob Psycho is more interesting to look at.

Russ T

Banned
I also started reading Mob Psycho 100 recently and I love it way more than I ever loved One Punch Man. At least story-wise. And kind of even art-wise. It really works for some of the stuff he does. Of course then he tries to draw the body-building club in high detail and it all falls apart, but hey. Nobody's perfect.

Obviously a big component of my love for OPM was Murata's art, because that's what I started with. And I'm glad Murata pulled at least a bit of ONE's style, especially as it relates to Saitama's face.

(Tatsumaki's face slays me every time in ONE's version. I'd love for Murata to find some way to incorporate that, although I'm not sure it'd work.)

Revo

Haikyuu 185

down to the wire
anyone can win
could do an ace of diamond and have the beloved senpais leave but i'd be surprised

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch65

Well, well, guess we'll get some heated matches between rivals.

Still, while the tensions between the East and West isn't anything new in sports manga, I must admit it's pretty uncommon to see the West side being the protagonist underdog team.

Zweizer

Banned
EG Maker ch0-2 by Torikawa Sora

A girl who recently graduated from art academy is now working at an eroge company. Watch as she struggles and learns of the intricacies of h-art.

While it's generally amusing and naughty, I can't help but feel uncomfortable by the meek protagonist being scolded at every turn by her superiors, which gives off some strong sexist undertones. Ah well, I'll keep reading it for now, for gems like these:

Haikyuu 185

down to the wire
anyone can win
could do an ace of diamond and have the beloved senpais leave but i'd be surprised

I always wondered which outcome he would do, does he want to do a rematch of karasuno v current nekoma and eventually Fukurodani, or have all the third years graduate from all teams letting us never see another match between their current team compositions, give us new first years, and such.

Revo

I always wondered which outcome he would do, does he want to do a rematch of karasuno v current nekoma and eventually Fukurodani, or have all the third years graduate from all teams letting us never see another match between their current team compositions, give us new first years, and such.

with all the focus of nekoma+standing on the same stage as the little giant we've gotten it'd be a huge surprise if we didn't get a rematch there
i think losing here would be a mistake but i could see losing to nekoma or some other team that turns into their enemy rival (compared to nekoma friend rival) then doing into new first years.

Sai

I miss D-Frag!, man. Hope somebody catches up on that soon.

TG :re spoilers

Worse than Bleach, dropped.
Lol....
She's not dead, y'know. :p Hope she goes completely Yandere for Kaneki.

Kaneki's absolutely ridiculous though. I wanted to see where he stood among the powerhouses of this manga, but I didn't expect him to come out on top, this clearly. And now he's probably gonna buff himself up further by devouring Eto's lower half, along with her Kakuja.

Qurupeke

TG re Spoilers

Welp. The last few chapters have been one better than other and totally unexpected.

I reaaaally hope Eto died. And let's make Kaneki the villain.

I miss D-Frag!, man. Hope somebody catches up on that soon.

Lol....
She's not dead, y'know. :p Hope she goes completely Yandere for Kaneki.

Kaneki's absolutely ridiculous though. I wanted to see where he stood among the powerhouses of this manga, but I didn't expect him to come out on top, this clearly. And now he's probably gowns buff himself up further by devouring Eto's lower half, along with her Kakuja.

All that Arima training paid off....

At least now people will stop calling Kaneki a jobber :)

Jaxec

Maou no Hajimekata 1-9

This is straight trash. What's the point of this anyway, for the author to fantasize about a sick power trip? It basically boils down to sex and violence. That's it. The maou is an unlikeable piece of shit. Take for example the latest chapter, 9. In it he basically is brainwashing this girl while having sex with her. That's totally rape, but of course with these types of story you would expect this (see Re:monster). Also I find it funny when you have people commenting that this is how a Maou should be and how he's such a great and likeable character. Like why? Yeah a Maou should be intelligent and calculating, but that doesn't just negate the horrible and vile shit he does. A character that should be viewed as a bad person is instead hoisted up as a role model. Damn. Well that was just my rant about it so yeah....Dropped.

dumbyugi

Maou no Hajimekata 1-9

This is straight trash. What's the point of this anyway, for the author to fantasize about a sick power trip? It basically boils down to sex and violence. That's it. The maou is an unlikeable piece of shit. Take for example the latest chapter, 9. In it he basically is brainwashing this girl while having sex with her. That's totally rape, but of course with these types of story you would expect this (see Re:monster). Also I find it funny when you have people commenting that this is how a Maou should be and how he's such a great and likeable character. Like why? Yeah a Maou should be intelligent and calculating, but that doesn't just negate the horrible and vile shit he does. A character that should be viewed as a bad person is instead hoisted up as a role model. Damn. Well that was just my rant about it so yeah....Dropped.

I can understand most of the complaints but I don't really understand the bolded. The Maou isn't being shown as a role model at all. There are characters who admire him but they were either already bad guys or were brainwashed into liking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom