• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up manga. Time for Ultimo! 1 volume to go.
CVV40yLUEAAG85j.jpg:large

OP 809

They got shifts lol

That Cat looks like a Boss compared to that polite hound

Toriko 350

Frohze is like a Nintendo GameShark for Komatsu.... one day he needs to not have cheat codes

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Bleach- I feel like I am the only person left who still likes Bleach, and I'm kind of fine with that. That hole is an amazing symbol of how no one in this series dies, and it's kind of appropriate given they are all just walking masses of spirit energy governed by rules no one remembers. Also, hope Miracle guy is just straight up plot armor.

One Piece- I am loving this island a lot more than the last few. These animal people are great, and I love how they keep fucking up Jack.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Gisèle Alain ch. 23

"He's also a coward. And indecisive. And he's got no willpower."

where are the lies tho

Jaxec

To Love ru Darkness 62

This is probably the closest this series has come to actually showing certain parts of its female characters. Oh well.

I wonder how long these Nemesis/Rito antics will last?

I also find it funny at how mad some people online get because Rito never does anything with the girls. That's kinda of his character.

Edit: I also ended up going on 4chan to view people's opinion on the chapter.......yeah I'm never gonna visit 4chan again, ever.

Noirulus

Zetsuen no Tempest

I haven't actually finished this, and I don't plan to because I really dislike the characters in this manga. The premise is pretty cool, as there are two protagonists in the series. I soon found that I had a big problem with that, though. Why does the author have such a strong preference to Yoshino? Both the female leads are in love with him, god knows why. His "cool, calm and collected" personality is just so overdone and sickening, it's annoying as fuck when a character can't have any flaws. It's especially noticeable in this series because it's not just one protagonist. Obviously I haven't finished it all the way so I wouldn't know if he changes at all, but I'm not spending any more time on this one.

Yamada and the 7 witches Vol. 1 - 12

Wow, this is an incredibly enjoyable series. The dynamic between the cast is just absolutely hilarious, and the special powers make it so unique. I've gotta say though, it's been a bit boring ever since
Shiraishi loses her powers and Yamada starts going out with her. They're a cute couple but Shiraishi's lack of personality is showing more and more.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
To love ru darkness 62
Yabuki outdo himself again. That reflection...

Prison school 198
I have no idea what's going on with Joe, but i like it.

Jitsu wa Watashi 103

I think I'd be fine with every chapter ending being a police ending from now on. Well probably not, but it still hasn't gotten stale, which is amazing.

convo

Shokugeki no soma 146
Eizan would really suck at card games. He can't hold a poker face for shit.
He obviously thinks Soma's dish is delicious, if his business sense doesn't betray him then he would think twice about booting off Soma of the school. He may consider him a benefit to Tootsuki after all this, and maybe his personal grudge has to make way for the right business decision.

Dungeon Meshi 1-15

Firmly replaced Nobunaga no Chef as the most enjoyable cooking book. Adore the way the many characters are handled. Gotta remember to give a go to the other stuff the author has done.

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon Meshi 1-15

Firmly replaced Nobunaga no Chef as the most enjoyable cooking book. Adore the way the many characters are handled. Gotta remember to give a go to the other stuff the author has done.

It's without a doubt one of the best recent series. From the same author, Terrarium in Drawer is a nice collection of short stories with a varied range in themes and quirkiness, and I've heard good things of The Dragon's Seven Adorable Children as well, though I've yet to read it.

Zweizer

Banned
Yeah this chapter was basically Souma proving what we know,and then nothing else.
It's really slow...

Actually I'm more disappointed that Soma's ingenious plan to overturn Eizan's fixing of shokugeki seems to be little more than brute-forcing his way through with even more delicious food.

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 146

Horribly anticlimactic
Just showing off a few tricks was good enough to break 2/3 of the judges instantly

Hopefully this is just setting the final stones for Eizan vs Soma for the elite seat otherwise what a waste of time

Revo

Spirit Circle 41

damn that mental attack was so good
the accumulation of all these stories will finally start to pay out

Revo

Isekai Tensei Soudouki 1-9

nother other world reincarnation but this time there's body sharing
general whatever reincarnation series

Shokugeki no Soma 146

Kinda unfortunate that Soma didn't really have a plan to fix the rigging rather the judges fell hook line and sinker towards curiosity and food lust.

Jaxec

Shokugeki no Soma 146

Well I was afraid that it would come to this. Soma just went in there with no plan and will end up with the easy win. I know Eizan is scum, but I wish one of the elite 10 wasn't treated as such a joke. This entire Shokugeki seemed like the easiest battle Soma has had in the entire manga. I really hope we move on from this arc because to me it just wasn't enjoyable. Well hopefully we at least get a Rindou foodgasm next chapter.

Its pretty clear why Soma will win.

Its a cooking contest and Eizan rarely cooks because he's focusing more on managing his business. That doesn't mean that Eizan is shit, just that Soma is better in a shokugeki because he cooks all the time.

Shokugeki no Soma 146

Well I was afraid that it would come to this. Soma just went in there with no plan and will end up with the easy win. I know Eizan is scum, but I wish one of the elite 10 wasn't treated as such a joke. This entire Shokugeki seemed like the easiest battle Soma has had in the entire manga. I really hope we move on from this arc because to me it just wasn't enjoyable. Well hopefully we at least get a Rindou foodgasm next chapter.

I don't get this. He still needs to beat Eizan's cooking. All he's been doing is trying to find a way to actually make it into a contest, instead of a completely rigged game. He clearly had a plan for his dish, what he didn't have a concrete plan (at first) for was getting the judges to try his food. And he clearly has a plan for that now

Kyuur

One Piece
What a great start to an arc. There's no one in need of saving here, reminds me a bit of Amazon Lily but with the entire crew. As we progress into the new world I hope this becomes more typical, islands out here should have warriors to stand up with our protagonists. With the new bounty unveil, I have a feeling its more due to civilian casualty like Kid.

And can someone please remind me, do we know where the hell Caesar is? I can't seem to recall them mentioning him at all other than the Big Mom fight flashback.

Hero Academia
Great monster design, too bad it went down so quickly. I think the pacing in this manga is almost too fast due to the large number of characters. Hopefully the anime can expand on some of this.

Toriko
The pacing and exposition-y style of the Gourmet World doesn't work as well in scenes like this, so I'm finding it hard to care. It is great when they're focusing on the incredible beasts and monstrous humans, but not for the cooking. Just seems rushed.

Blech
The title says it all. At least next chapter might be okay since we're moving onto Renji and cap'n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom